Hey everyone, Nick posted a thread a couple weeks ago looking for people to test & review a new carpet cleaner. I posted some pics of the carpets and floor mats and hoped for the best. Luckily enough, I was chosen! The last time I cleaned the carpets in my Jeep was probably 2 years ago. Sinful, I know but I’ve been extremely busy and just haven’t gotten around to it. I also work in construction so the driver side floor mats take a beating with my work boots and who knows what else I take home from the job. Needless to say, they were due for a good cleaning.

***It’s important to note how good of a person Nick is. At the end of the thread, he asked me and another member to pm him with our details and he’ll get the product out to us. For whatever reason, I didn’t have my subscription settings correct. I had no idea he chose me until I opened up an order I placed and saw it in the box. Basically, he did all the leg work to get it out to me. Most people would have said “on to the next member.” Amazing service from a class act.

Anyway, onto the review!

I first started by thoroughly vacuuming all of the carpets with my shop vac.

Tools being used (I used the paper towels to show the amount of dirt the cleaner would pick up. Looking back, I would not have used this brush. It did the job, but it’s not a carpet brush. It was a slightly too aggressive. I’ll be purchasing the one Mike used in his review in my next order):

I’m going to be completely honest with all of you. I wasn’t expecting much from a $15 carpet cleaner. Granted it’s more expensive than others on the market but it’s still a spray. How well could it possibly do with my filthy mats? I had read Mike’s review for some basic information on how to use it. However, if you notice in his review, the mats are in pretty good condition. Not mine, so I was definitely skeptical.

Let’s see how it performed…

● Directions (taken from bottle): Spray surface to be cleaned. Agitate and wipe dry with a terry or microfiber detail towel. For unusually stubborn stains, agitate with a moist sponge or scrub brush. Allow to penetrate for a few seconds. Pat dry with a terry or microfiber detail towel. Heavily soiled areas may require a second application.

I applied a very generous amount of product on the floor mats because of their condition. Following that, I scrubbed them with my brush and let the product sit for about 5-10 seconds then patted it dry. As you can see, I tried to follow the directions as closely as possible.

Here’s a sequence of Before, During, 50/50, After:

This one was going to be the biggest test:

Look at that!!!

CLEAN!!!

Another area in need of attention:

Before:

After:

I’m simply amazed at how well it worked! I proceeded to do a couple other mats and spot clean some areas that needed attention.

Here are the before and after shots:

In my very humble opinion, this should be in every detailer’s arsenal. Let’s be honest, it’s a little more expensive than some other cleaners out there but I believe its performance demands the price. Besides, at the end of the day it’s only $15 and the 128oz refill is $40. It’s a no brainer to just get the larger size. I really can’t think of any CONS regarding this product. Stop reading and buy it!!!!

Once again, thank you to Nick for allowing me to review this product!

TL;DR: You need this product! Stop reading and buy it now!

Wolfgang Carpet & Upholstery Restorer (New Formula) 16oz
Wolfgang Carpet & Upholstery Restorer (New Formula) 128oz