autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax

Review: Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax
    Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax

Description: (Taken from AG's website)

No compromise formula

I’ve traveled all over the world in search of the missing link that would enable my team of chemists to manipulate and fuse the core ingredients in Fuzion Paste Wax to create a sprayable version. It has taken years of trial and error and thousands of reformulations, but my team and I have done it – Fuzion Spray Wax is finally here. The road to creating Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax has made my gray hair a shade or two whiter, but I’m certain that the smile on your face after using Fuzion Spray Wax will justify the challenge my team and I endured to create the magic that is Fuzion Spray Wax.

You see, what prevented Wolfgang Car Care from manufacturing a Fuzion Spray Wax all along was the ability, or lack thereof, to “bind” these two ingredients to create a workable, spray-on car wax. One day, while traveling across Europe, I met a chemist that let me voice my frustrations. He accepted the challenge and shortly after Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax was born.

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is as unique as they come. At the heart of Fuzion Spray Wax is the second generation of German Super Polymers. The mile-deep reflections and shimmering liquid gloss wouldn’t be possible without Brazilian Carnauba Wax, which is a prime ingredient as well. The proprietary blending process for this formula calls for such stringent tolerances that it had to be manufactured in the heart of Germany.

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax, in my somewhat biased opinion, is the absolute best spray wax you will ever use. It’s such a wax and polymer-dense formula that it works equally well on wet paint as it does dry paint. Applying it to a dry surface will yield the best longevity as you would expect, but you’ll be absolutely delighted to find that applying it to your wet car right after you’ve washed it will save you time while still resulting in a unbelievably glossy finish that lasts months, not weeks.

The carnauba wax formulation in Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax creates an immense amount of surface tension. This effect causes water to bead up and roll off the finish, taking dirt and corrosive contaminants with it. This self-cleaning ability naturally keeps your vehicle cleaner in between washes. You will be amazed at how nothing “sticks” to the paint, including bird droppings, hard water spots, and tree sap.

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is compatible with all Wolfgang formulas, including Fuzion Paste Wax and Deep Gloss Paint Sealant. Use it as a topper, or as a stand alone wax. Regardless of which application you choose, Fuzion Spray Wax will blanket your paint with crisp, clear reflections that last for months.

Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is magical in its application and removal. If you’re applying Fuzion Spray Wax to your freshly washed vehicle while it’s still wet, mist the paint one panel at a time and then immediately dry using a Guzzler Waffle Weave Drying Towel. Flip the towel to a dry side and buff the paint to a head-turning gloss that will leave you grinning from ear to ear. Apply to dry paint using the same technique, except replace the Guzzler with a Super Plush Jr.

Price:

$39.99 for 16oz (on sale for $34.99)
    $149.99 for 128oz (on sale for $119.99)

Introduction:

Do you want a quick and easy way to apply a layer of protection and make your vehicle look good at the same time? Then spray waxes and sealants are the right product for you. I myself am a spray wax/sealant junkie. I love using these spray LSP products because it's so easy to use. It takes no time at all to lay down a layer of protection and give your car that "just waxed" look. It only takes around 10 minutes to apply a spray LSP to the entire car. When Wolfgang came out with their spray version of the Fuzion, I told myself, this has got to be good.

Review:

Here's a picture of the product description and instructions:

Spray waxes or sealants require a clean surface. My car wasn't that dirty at all. Just a little dusty from sitting in the garage so I decided to rinseless wash my car with Meguiars D114 Rinse Free Express Wash.

Now that the paint surface is clean, I can start applying the Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax.

Before using the product, make sure to shake the bottle well. You want to make sure all that carnauba and polymers are well distributed. Directions state to use 1 to 2 sprays per panel and spread it around. In my case, I was using 3 to 4 sprays per panel depending on how big the panel is.

Start by spraying the product on the panel:

Here is the product applied to the paint surface. As you can see, the color is a hint of yellow:

Use one side of a neatly folded microfiber towel to spread the product around the panel you're working on:

Now this is what makes this spray wax unique!!! It hazes up like a normal LSP! Here's the picture of the product hazing up after waiting a few minutes:

Flip the towel to the dry side:

And start buffing off the residue:

I understand that the directions state to use a second towel to buff off the wax reside. But you use so little product per panel that the microfiber towel doesn't get soaked after each panel. And I was even using twice the amount of product recommended per panel. My microfiber towel was thick enough to use the other "dry" side to buff off the wax residue. I also didn't want to accumulate lots of microfiber towels in the hamper. If your microfiber towel used to spread the product around is damp then you are using too much product. I would highly suggest you have a second microfiber towel to buff off the residue. Otherwise, you will have streaks galore!

Repeat the entire process as you work your way around the car.

First, spray the product on the panel you're working on:

Spread the product around:

Wait a few minutes to let the product haze up:

Flip your microfiber towel to the dry side and buff off the wax residue:

Here's is my microfiber towel after going through about a third of the car. As you can see, there's a dark yellow tint to the microfiber towel:

Just for reference, here's a picture of the clean side of the same towel:

See the difference? You know there's some color to the spray wax as shown in multiple pictures above.

Here are some reflection pictures after using the Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax:

I apologize as reflection shots were pretty hard to capture with white but I think the paint looks very deep and glossy. The spray wax definitely provided a warm glow and a jaw dropping shine. It looked much better in person.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax

I also want to demonstrate this spray wax in a different color paint. Let's repeat the process

First, spray the product on the panel you're working on:

Here's an image of the yellow/milky color of the spray wax:

Spread the product around:

Wait a few minutes to let the product haze up, flip your microfiber towel to the dry side and buff off the wax residue. I intentionally applied more spray wax than normal in the picture below. It was still easy to buff off the wax residue.

Here are a couple of after shots of the hood. Bright, shiny and deep black paint.

Thoughts and Observations:

As you can see from the pictures above, the color of the spray wax is on the yellow side. The smell of the product reminds me of carnauba wax.

The Fuzion Spray Wax's viscosity is thicker than your traditional spray LSP products but it's not overly thick. It still runs as you can see in some of the pictures above. On the other hand, your typical spray LSP's (such as D156, BF spray wax or AW) consistency is like water...

When you're spreading the product around, you can feel a slight resistance on the microfiber towel as you're dragging it along. I'm guessing it's from the real carnauba wax it's leaving behind. Or it could be from the ambient temperature - it was around 90F when I applied this product.

Buffing off the residue is very easy. The layer of wax it leaves behind is very very thin so it's easy to remove. Even when I tried to apply it heavy on the black car, it was still easy to remove.

Since this spray wax is leaving a real layer of wax behind and you have to wait for the product to haze before removal, I had to adjust my technique. Normally, I'd just apply the spray LSP on a panel and buff it right off. But for this product, I'd like to share with you guys what I did. I broke the car into 4 sections:
    1. Horizontal surfaces (hood, roof and trunk)
    2. Driver side
    3. Passenger side
    4. Front and rear bumpers

What I do is to apply the spray wax one panel at a time and continue to do so until I finish one section. So for example, on my first section, I would apply the spray wax on the hood then apply it on the roof then apply it on the trunk. I wouldn't buff off the spray wax in between each panels since it's best to let the product dry and haze up. After I'm done spreading the product on every panel of the section I'm currently working at, then I would go back to the first panel of the same section and start buffing off the wax residue. Of course, I would remove the wax residue in the same sequence as how I applied it. After, then you can move to the next section. For this example, the next section is the driver's side. I would apply the spray wax on the driver side front fender then spread it around. Then, apply the spray wax on the driver side door then spread it around. Then apply the spray wax on the driver side rear door then spread it around (if applicable). Then apply the spray wax on the driver side rear quarter panel then spread it around. By the time you're finished with that section, you can go back to the panel you started with and start buffing the wax residue off (same sequence as the application). Then move on to the passenger side section and lastly, the bumpers.

This spray wax produced a very warm glow and deep gloss. The paint looks a lot better in person than what the camera can capture. I was beyond amazed at how it made my paint look. I can just imagine how this product would blow away owners with red or blue paint jobs.

I understand that the price of the product is high and I've been seeing people comment about it lately. But the Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Car Wax is equally expensive relative to other paste waxes yet people still buy it and rave how good it is. The Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax is priced at $34.99 for a 16oz bottle. Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax is priced at around $10 for a 16oz bottle. Duragloss Aquawax (AW) #951 is priced at around $10 for a 22oz bottle. The BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Spray Wax is priced at $24.99 for a 20oz bottle. But unlike them, this Wolfgang Fuzion Spray Wax leaves behind a layer of wax to be buffed off and produces an outstanding glow and shine. And since it's derived from the expensive Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Car Wax, I think the price is fair.

Conclusion:

I originally thought that this is just another spray wax with an expensive price tag but I was wrong. This is the first spray wax I've used that leaves behind a layer of wax, which hazes up and requires you to buff it off. It produces a glow, gloss and shine that's out of this world and I was blown away. This product will now be part of my favorite spray LSPs to use and I would highly recommend that you try this product too. It's well worth the asking price.

Hope you enjoyed this review. Comments are appreciated.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME review!! Thanks for sharing your thoughts/experience!
    Currently: 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! Now that is a impressive product!
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the nice review of this exciting new product.

How did the buff off go?

Is it very similar to buffing off a nice wax?

Is it basically dry at this point like a paste wax, or is there still some product flashing?

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review. Maybe try it on the Smart so we can see how it looks on a red car.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely one for the wish list

Post Thanks / Like

Great review! Think it might be too thick and too expensive to use as a drying aid? It's technically a sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Great review and thank you for sharing your tips and technique. Can't wait to receive my bottle on Thursday!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

If you weren't sold on it before those pictures should do the trick! I have a bottle coming later this week and I'm looking forward to trying it out, especially after this great review.

Such a shame it doesn't have the same smell of Fuzion. That is hands down the best smelling product I've ever used.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast