autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Q2M Tire

Had the opportunity to use Gyeon Q2M Tire.

It can be found at the following link

GYEON Q2M Tire - 400 ml

Description from Autogeek's site:

GYEON Q2M Tire is the only SiO2 coating designed specifically for use on tires. This completely unique formula blocks out contaminants and UV rays the break own rubber causing browning and cracking to help maintain the like-new look of your tires. GYEON Q2M Tire Makes tires look deep black and bead water like crazy!

There’s one thing about water beading: it’s addictive! Once you see the effect of a hydrophobic coating on paint, you’ll want the same effect on every inch of your vehicle. GYEON Q2M Tire allows you to get an incredible water beading effect on tires, while protecting them from the elements!

GYEON Q2M Tire is an SiO2 coating like no other, because it’s meant for use on tires! Your tires are on the front line of grime as they trudge through puddles and potholes mile after mile. Pretty soon, they’ll start to show their age if not properly protected. GYEON Q2M Tire blocks out UV rays, helping to prevent browning and cracking.

Going to keep this review short and to the point. The color of the product is blue. It looks like blue dawn dish soap to give all of you an idea of it's consistency.

The two grey areas on the label are two awards from Detailing Word for Wheel and Tire Product of the Year Runner Up for 2013 and 2014.

I used a yellow foam applicator to apply the product.

The directions on the bottle.

First thing I noticed is the misspelling of the word "Matt" instead of "Matte". Being a little nit picky lol. But the directions are pretty straight forward.

I applied this onto my brothers car as I have DP Tire Coating on mine. As per the directions, Gyeon states a good cleaning of the tires with APC is all that is required. I chose to go with Meguiar's D143 at 2:1. On the front passenger side of the tire I followed up with a round Tuff Shine Tire Cleaner to see if it will allow the tire coating to bond better to the tire to create more longevity. We shall see how it holds up. The rest of the tires received a cleaning using D143.

I did use my metro blaster sidekick to dry the wheels and tires prior to application of the tire coating to dry them faster. I also used the sidekick to dry the tire coating onto the tire. I did not use a hairdryer as my brother doesn't have one at his place.

Passenger side tire after cleaning.

After one coat of Gyeon tire coating. My brother likes his tires glossy so I left them as is and used the metro sidekick to dry the tire coating.

Up close before and after

After

While I was there he asked me if I could coat his new wheels that he purchased for his 73 Chevy Truck that he is working on. I coated the wheels with Dlux and cleaned up the tires and applied one coat of Gyeon tire coating. He sent me this sun shot the day after to show me how the tires look.

Initial impressions:

The first thing I noticed is when spraying the product onto the applicator. It will not spray in a mist pattern. The product is gel like consistency that is similar to spraying dawn dish soap. It is best to apply this to a tire applicator of some sort (foam, microfiber, tire brush) and then apply it to the tire.

The initial look it leaves on the tire looks great. For those that don't like it glossy follow up with a microfiber to knock down the shine.

The fact that it doesn't require a lot of cleaning like DP/McKee's tire coating is a plus. The question is how durable is it compared to the DP/McKee's. I will have him let me know when it appears that tire coating looks like it has seen it's end of life. My personal feeling is that DP/McKee's will out last it and outperform it.

Some are going to ask how it differs from Car Pro Pearl. I can't offer that comparison as I have never used Pearl.

Some have said that the gloss is lost after the first wash. I will see how it looks after the first wash. I know he doesn't wash them when he washes the car.

Application is straight forward and easy. Anyone who has applied a tire dressing can use this.

I do recommend wearing gloves unless you want a mess on your hands if using a foam applicator.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review - Gyeon Q2M Tire

Great review Mike.

I'm looking forward to seeing how durable this product is.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! Also in for durability!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the thorough review including the before & after pictures. Very helpful. I've been using DP tire coating (perhaps a formulation tweak when it became McKee's?) this summer on a couple of different vehicles and have been pleased with the durability so far. My only minor complaint is that the DP/McKee's has a fairly watery consistency, which makes applying it just a tad tricky. I like the fact that Gyeon Tire has a bit more of a gel-like consistency which could help to resolve this. Any durability updates you could post would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks again for a great review Guz!
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

First thing I noticed is the misspelling of the word "Matt" instead of "Matte". Being a little nit picky lol. But the directions are pretty straight forward.

Matt is proper English.

Nice review of a nice product: don't expect it to last like Tuf Shine. I think a month is a realistic goal - this is more than a dressing and less than a coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RMM View Post
    Matt is proper English.
    Must be a European thing, here's what I pull up through Google:

matte

adjective

1. (of a color, paint, or surface) dull and flat, without a shine.
    "matte black"

noun

1. a matte color, paint, or finish.
    "the varnishes are available in gloss, satin, and matte"
    2. a sheet of cardboard placed on the back of a picture, either as a mount or to form a border around the picture.

verb

1.give a matte appearance to (something).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Must be a European thing, here's what I pull up through Google:

matte

adjective

1. (of a color, paint, or surface) dull and flat, without a shine.
    "matte black"

noun

1. a matte color, paint, or finish.
    "the varnishes are available in gloss, satin, and matte"
    2. a sheet of cardboard placed on the back of a picture, either as a mount or to form a border around the picture.

verb

1.give a matte appearance to (something).
    matt - definition of matt in English from the Oxford dictionary

Post Thanks / Like

Well there you go, it's an either/or

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Well there you go, it's an either/or
    Sure. I only wrote that matt was proper english - it wasn't a misspelling.

Post Thanks / Like

Review - Gyeon Q2M Tire-image1-jpg

The product is thicker than most other dressings. It has a bit of a gloss and darkening effect to it. Very pleasing ....

Scott

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast