autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)

So received my Polish Angel group buy items from Autopia the other day and in true fashion I couldn`t wait. One reason being is I with most products, especially coatings I like to try them on my personal car first just to be sure they don`t act funny during the application process.

That being said I wanted to share a few thoughts so far on the PA Glasscoat Cosmic.

So the test subject was non other than my GTO. This car has had a bunch of different coatings on it. All good but some I like better than others. The most recent has been CSL (Crystal Serum Light) which has been my go to coating for the past couple months. Only reason I am removing it off the gto is for this test.

Here are the products received after unboxing. I like the little box that the Cosmic comes in. Kinda like opening up a special little gift lol! Inside I was greeted with the Glasscoat Cosmic, applicator pad and a pair of nitrile gloves. I also received the primer polish and Glissante shampoo and Cosmic Spritz coating topper.

I wasn`t able to capture any pictures of the prep and install process as my phone went dead shortly after taking the above pictures.

For preparation I wiped off the car with some WG Uber Rinseless wash. After I decided to polish the surface with Polish Angel Master polish just to be sure I removed the previous coating as much as possible. I used a white LC pro thin pad and my 3401.

Now after this was done I followed the directions and used the Polish Angel Invincible Primer polish. Turns out according to the label this stuff can cut depending upon the pad choice. I didn`t get to test the cutting ability as I used a black LC pro thin pad on the 3401 on speed 3-4 and just lightly went over the surface and removing as I went along. It wipes off easily with no dusting or funny business. It does seem to add a gloss. I am thinking this is similar to Carpro Essence.

After going over the car it was time to apply Glasscoat Cosmic. I opened up the bottle and put a few dabbs to the nice foam applicator pad began applying it in straight back and forth motions. Just like hand waxing a car. It applies very easily and little goes a long way! I barely made a dent in the bottle. I only did one coat but it says that after 2 hrs from the first coat you can add a second layer.

After I applied it to the whole car I had to wait 30min before removing. Once time came the Glasscoat removal was effortless. Took maybe 10min to wipe the whole car down. Then an hour after that I hit it with Cosmic Spritz and let it sit.

One thing I noticed is that the following day the applicator wasn`t hard like some of the quartz/Ceramic coatings out there.

If this is truly a coating then its pretty neat how it applies. No worries about high spots and streaks. We will see how it performs. The gloss is nice and it has a glassy just coated feel too.

Some after shots.

IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

2. Likes waddell64 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)

Looks great Justin.Myself and (281) applied cosmic to my Subie about a year and a half ago and it still is holding up well. I have also been maintaining it by washing with HydroFoam. PA does make some top shelf products.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. I ordered some earlier today and can't wait to try it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done! I just finished my car last night doing the same. Though I did two layers and got through probably 40% of the bottle. I admit that my first coat I applied too heavy and it was tougher to remove. However, 2nd coat was fairly simply once I dialed in the right amount.
    Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)-imageuploadedbyagonline1470171895-753967-jpgPolish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)-imageuploadedbyagonline1470171909-755537-jpgPolish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)-imageuploadedbyagonline1470171923-523843-jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LaFawnduh View Post
    Nicely done! I just finished my car last night doing the same. Though I did two layers and got through probably 40% of the bottle. I admit that my first coat I applied too heavy and it was tougher to remove. However, 2nd coat was fairly simply once I dialed in the right amount.
    Polish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)-imageuploadedbyagonline1470171895-753967-jpgPolish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)-imageuploadedbyagonline1470171909-755537-jpgPolish Angel Glasscoat Cosmic (Quick Take)-imageuploadedbyagonline1470171923-523843-jpg
    Awesome srt Jeep! Nice job too. Keep us updated!

Post Thanks / Like

Great write up Justin.

Just a note, I did my hood the same way you did with the PA Polish and Primer and Cosmic then did the rest of the vehicle with just the Primer and Invincible Combo. Primer definitely does have some minor correcting ability and on a well maintained car will polish it up nicely. I think if I remember correctly I used a white B & S pad on my Duetto with the Invincible Primer. Also, I didn't have a coating on it, just a nuba.

It's great stuff, so easy to use. I like to apply the Cosmic with my Rupes Mini on a blue 4" LC or B & S pad, a PC with 3.5" bp works great too.

Both of your rides look outstanding!
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Great write up Justin.

Just a note, I did my hood the same way you did with the PA Polish and Primer and Cosmic then did the rest of the vehicle with just the Primer and Invincible Combo. Primer definitely does have some minor correcting ability and on a well maintained car will polish it up nicely. I think if I remember correctly I used a white B & S pad on my Duetto with the Invincible Primer. Also, I didn't have a coating on it, just a nuba.

It's great stuff, so easy to use. I like to apply the Cosmic with my Rupes Mini on a blue 4" LC or B & S pad, a PC with 3.5" bp works great too.

Both of your rides look outstanding!
    Thanks for your feedback! I was thinking about applying it with my gg3 and a black 3in foam finishing pad like I would a sealant or wax. Maybe next time.

I think I am going to try the Invincible Primer with my 3401 and a orange or White LC pro thin pad on a 900 mile black c7 Corvette on Saturday. Then follow up with Cosmic Spritz. The customer doesn't want a coating. The car only has some very minor love marks on it from what I saw underneath my lighting. Should look nice when finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent review! Your GTO wears Cosmic well, I hope it lasts a long time for you. I keep saying I need to pick some of this up for my AMGs as a treat for them, but I keep forgetting to. How does the paint feel afterwards, as far as slickness goes? I keep going back to BFWD in chasing that aspect, but I know a coating would probably better suit them.
    Street/Racing Concepts
    '02 Mercedes SLK32 AMG, '05 Mercedes SL65 AMG, '02 Audi A6 Quattro 4.2- All Silver!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SRConcepts View Post
    Excellent review! Your GTO wears Cosmic well, I hope it lasts a long time for you. I keep saying I need to pick some of this up for my AMGs as a treat for them, but I keep forgetting to. How does the paint feel afterwards, as far as slickness goes? I keep going back to BFWD in chasing that aspect, but I know a coating would probably better suit them.

Thank you very much!

The paint has a very slick glassy feel. It feels just like a perfectly clean smooth windshield.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast