autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 6 LSP's go head to head!

Quote Originally Posted by chet31 View Post
    Like this test. Is the entire trunk lid swirl free, or similarly swirled? It would be great if all 6 sections had exactly the same starting condition.
    The 300's trunk lid is swirl free, but the optima has some minor swirls. So the conditions are as close as I could get to an exact match.
    A year from now, you'll wish you started today.

@utopiandetailing on Instagram.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by natewood70 View Post
    Okay, so it was reapplied. Anyone know if we can edit the original post? If not, we will just have to accept it for what it is... I'm human. But... rest assured it is now applied as intended from the manufacturer.
    I think you have a short window to edit your posts,not sure how long it is but I have tried after a few hours passed & couldn't edit any longer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater25 View Post
    I think you have a short window to edit your posts,not sure how long it is but I have tried after a few hours passed & couldn't edit any longer
    Thanks for the response, Whitewater.

No big deal as long as people read that it has been reapplied in the long term.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone!

As promised, here is the first of many two week updates for the next 6 months. My normal wash process will be a rinseless with ONR on the trunk lids of both cars. If that ever changes I will directly say so in that update that is posted.

Enough blabbing, here are the pictures (Chrysler 1st and then the Kia):

Blackfire

Collinite

DoDo

HD Poxy

Powerlock

Wolfgang

Lots of copy and pasting of URL's here!!!

So, a couple of disclaimers for the first update:

1. I rechecked the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant, and although AG says on their site for the product that a 45 minute curing time is necessary, the new 3.0 formula simply needs to dry to a haze before removal. It looks as though the AG site might need an update on that product. Here is a photo of the bottle & directions on the bottle:

2. The power lock was in fact the other item that required a longer cure time of 30 minutes according to the directions. Luckily, that is approximately how long I waited until removal. So, that will in fact NOT impact the results.

3. Yes, some of the pictures during the beading test have a little bit of dirt in the beading. These cars are not garaged, and between the time I washed them and took the pictures some dirt/dust/pollen from the trees accumulated on the trunk. I AM OKAY WITH THIS...so... no need to point it out

NOW - Here are my initial thoughts!

- The clear leaders in maintaining hydrophobic properties are Collinite, PowerLock, and Wolfgang. It seems that Wolfgang has a slight edge in terms of the tightness of beading, but we will need to see how that works out overtime.

- I'm very disappointed in how the beading has accumulated on top of HD Poxy. I really had higher hopes for this product as the other ones in their lineup are really fan/forum favorites (HD Speed, anyone?)

- The spray on sealants (Backfire & Dodo) look better than HD Poxy IMO, and the edge out of those two would have to be given to Blackfire which is awesome. For something so simple to apply, I'm really impressed!

Stay tuned, the next update will be on August 14th!

Post Thanks / Like

Great test, and thanks for the update. When I burn through my old products, I'll be referring to your results before making my next purchase.

Btw, if you want to edit the opening post to update the application details, I'm sure a moderator would be happy to turn on the Edit button for you. As this thread develops, newcomers may benefit from the corrected information, cutting down on repeat posts about how you failed to apply their favorite LSP properly. ; )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scuff View Post
    Great test, and thanks for the update. When I burn through my old products, I'll be referring to your results before making my next purchase.

Btw, if you want to edit the opening post to update the application details, I'm sure a moderator would be happy to turn on the Edit button for you. As this thread develops, newcomers may benefit from the corrected information, cutting down on repeat posts about how you failed to apply their favorite LSP properly. ; )
    Thanks for the suggestion, Scuff!

I'll reach out to one of the moderators to see if we can do that. I appreciate the input, and am happy you're enjoying the thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Good testing so far. Your water beading on the wolfgang looks similar to mine after 5 months. Looking forward to your long term results to see how it compares to mine.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for doing this, love to see side by side comparisons. Can't wait to see to see the next results.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait for the update.
    Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobertin View Post
    Good testing so far. Your water beading on the wolfgang looks similar to mine after 5 months. Looking forward to your long term results to see how it compares to mine.
    Thank you. I have high hopes for Wolfgang as I have only heard great things about WGDGPS for years.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
    Thanks for doing this, love to see side by side comparisons. Can't wait to see to see the next results.
    You're welcome, I'm eager for them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    Can't wait for the update.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast