autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Rim shield

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've given a couple updates already, LOL �� I haven't washed my car since last Sat.....OMG a week and if it wasn't so hot I would go down to the garage and do a wash and wheel cleaning. I guess the good thing is more build up on the wheels and a "good cleaning" is due up next, like 3D brake dust cleaner, this all be the 1st strong wheel cleaner used since the 1st application.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    I don't get it..isn't the whole idea of using Rim Shield, is to not use wheel cleaners and just soap and water? Maybe I'm all wet and way out in left field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I don't get it..isn't the whole idea of using Rim Shield, is to not use wheel cleaners and just soap and water? Maybe I'm all wet and way out in left field.
    IMO using soap and water is more work than using a wheel cleaner.. I use Megs D143 to maintain my wheels and can usually get away with not having to scrub them. Just spray and hose off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I agree it defeats the purpose of using protection on the wheel which is intended to make the wheel easier to clean with just soap and water. A wheel cleaner will degrade the protection sooner. Thus the durability claims of a test is thrown out the window. That's just my outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    IMO using soap and water is more work than using a wheel cleaner.. I use Megs D143 to maintain my wheels and can usually get away with not having to scrub them. Just spray and hose off.
    I have my wheels coated. I have not used D143 in who knows how long. Soap and water is all I need to maintain my wheels. That is why I coated them to begin with. No wheel cleaner is spray and rinse. They all need some agitation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

I have my wheels coated. I have not used D143 in who knows how long. Soap and water is all I need to maintain my wheels. That is why I coated them to begin with. No wheel cleaner is spray and rinse. They all need some agitation.
    Maybe it's because they're new and I've never allowed them to become really dirty, but the wheels on the Kia pretty much never need agitation. I just spray and rinse. I only scrub them maybe once a month [about every 3-4 washes]

Post Thanks / Like

I guess my problem is that when I clean my car I go all out, always cleaning the wheel face and barrels every time. I tried using just RW pre-wash in the barrels and it just doesn't get them completely clean, there's a film of dirt there, even after using my brush.

That said though, the wheel face came out just fine with it having the wheel shield on there and using the RW pre-wash.

I saw my Mother in Laws Explorer yesterday after clean and treating the wheels and they still look great! I will be monitoring this closely as this thing is used and abused. When I cleaned the wheels the DUB wheel cleaner did it's thing but it took 2 applications for it to come out completely clean. Then I dried the wheels, let them dry in the sun and applied a good coat of the rim shield.

I guess my problem here is being so particular about my barrels where only a real wheel cleaner will do, guess the real test is going to be with the rest of you guys. In closing after 2 weeks they do stay cleaner looking longer, so from that aspect I can give the stuff a thumbs up so far!

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Well I used DUB on the wheels and after a week of not touching them they didn't bleed all too much, this shows me the wheel shield IS repelling dust/grime/dirt very well.

Post Thanks / Like

I've come to the conclusion that this product lasted a solid month and I think it's pretty good. I will buy this product again too.

How did you guys like it and what are your thoughts after using/trying it out?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m trying Sonax Wheel Rim Shield. It gives the center lug covers a satin sheen but haven’t noticed any runs.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

A week later. Wheels remained very clean and very hydrophobic.

10. Likes Mdjas liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234