autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Windshield Washer Concentrate

Sonax: Windshield Washer Concentrate

Claims: Taken from the Autogeek.net Website

"SONAX Clear View Windshield Wash Concentrate is an advanced, highly concentrated formula designed to clean your windshield of all contaminants quickly. SONAX Clear Veiw Windshield Wash Concentrate will produce a whopping 6 gallons per 250 ml bottle and will remove most vision impairing road debris such as insects, oil, road grime, and other dangerous films without streaking. Don’t wait for your next oil change to have a clear windshield!

SONAX Clear View Windshield Wash Concentrate is a specialized cleaner designed specifically for your windshield. The phosphate-free formula provides ultimate cleaning action without streaking to ensure you have a safe trip. Over time, the elements your glass is exposed to on a daily basis will form a film over your windshield, impairing your vision and just generally looking dirty. SONAX Clear View Windshield Wash Concentrate removes this film and leaves your windshield as clean as it’s ever been.

Many people neglect this area of the car until it’s too late. Have you ever driven at night with a streaky windshield and try to clean it, only to find out that your fluid is out!? Not only does this put you at risk for an accident, but now you have to deal with a dirty windshield. SONAX Clear View Concentrate makes up to 6 gallons of solution, meaning you won’t run out any time soon!"

This product does exactly that!

These bugs are from lunch till eve. 2pm -5pm . Driving
    I usually clean the work trunk on my lunches, So if I didn't wash it with ONR and towels today it would of been covered with 1/4" of bugs . The work truck is a Repaint so there is only so much you can do with the Paint. As you can see from the one picture. The orange peel is terrible..

Easy to use bottle.Mixes up really quick when you make a gallon jug.

Goes on like soap, Smells Great, Does a Great job cleaning the windshield We like soap here...

<

It dries streak free!

I keep my windshield clean all the time , you may not due to your driving conditions, but after a day of driving 200-600 miles the amount of bugs on the front of the vehicle and windshield drive me absolutely nuts. Especially driving home at night with lots of bug smear all over the windshield. This product is a MUST for "Road Warriors"
    Normally for me I am always trying new products related to the windshield. I like the Detail's Pro Crystal clear Window cleaner, also Wolfgang Perfckt or what ever but this product is really , really good at doing a job i think the others can't do. "Keep the Windshield clean and SHINED without stopping it to clean it "Now most vehicles only accept like 90 %of the gallon , so i put the remainder in a spray bottle and i use that to keep it handy cleaning the window interiors and side windows.

If you keep your windows wax / treated you might not get any soap residue from it being cooked on your windshield in the summer. I spray the towel and hit the spots the wipers can't hit when i Depart a location.

Would I recommend this to anyone? .. ABSOLUTELY! this is a great Summer wash to use.

I in fact will be buying a case shortly.. *S*

Todays events to sum it up.

Filled up a fresh reservoir of Sonax concentrate this morning before leaving for the day.
    I drove approximately 300 miles Through citys, Towns, Country side, Forest dwellings , and highway construction. My highway is under major construction and they have all those small divots in the concrete for miles * to repave* and you could see the Dirt in the air going approx 150 feet high. It looked like a tunnel that you were driving through from both sides of the highways.

This Windshield wash by Sonax DID GREAT! I came home with a clean windshield,! Usually its a bug and tar Pinnacle sponge to clean the windshield daily, But today i just had to spray the towel and hit the edges.

I would highly recommend this product to anyone! I bet Autogeek keeps this in its own separate warehouse. lol

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Windshield Washer Concentrate

Thanks for the review. I have always been interested in this product.

Post Thanks / Like

Your welcome Guz, Just trying to help out. Great information here.

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I use it, bought it on bogo. It's pretty good stuff. But when you add the cost of the product and the cost of a gallon of purified water it's no better deal than buying the pre-made stuff.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Although using purified water is a very good idea, it's not really necessary with this product cost of shipping ect does also play a factor in determining a purchase, Yes your right .

The ability to "Clean faster" than normal Washer fluid , is a soap consistency, Tears down bugs better, and smells great kinda does it for me, I drive a lot of county settings ( hence it STINKS IN THAT AREA ) Then you can just spritz your wipers and it does a good job of removing the manure smell. I think the couple of extra bucks is justified. The windshield Stays Clean & Shiney during the Day and Drive. BOGO is definitely the way to go though.

I guess it's just preference if you want to spend the couple extra dollars.

Marty

Post Thanks / Like

The water in Florida where I live is highly mineralized and considered "hard water" and over time it would reek havoc on the plumbing associated with the water fluid washing system so it's absolutely necessary to use at least bottled water. It would clog the the system with mineral deposits in no time.

I love their glass cleaner too, but only on bogo. I stocked up on both last year.

So for me it comes out to about the same price per gallon as the Prestone Bug.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Bringing this thread back from the dead

I'm a huge fan of Sonax Windshield Washer Concentrate, just as MartinQ states in his review it really does an awesome job of cleaning the windshield and leaving it streak free. I've also noticed that it does not affect the hydrophobic abilities of the Aquapel coating on the glass. What's more is that it doesn't cause the wipers to chatter at all, something that rain-x fluid always has done for me after using it for a while - thought it was just my wipers, so I bought new ones. However the chatter soon returned after a few sprays of the rain-x. As soon as I switched over to Sonax the blades began wiping smoothly again .

For all the good it can do there is one negative that I found out over these past few cold months. Despite the fact the on the bottle it says protects against freezing (the rear label) it doesn't actually state to what temp. Well from personal experience I can tell you that it's only really good down to about 30°F (-1°C). Anything lower than that it it will slush up and/or freeze.

What do you guys run during the freezing months? I don't want to keep switching over to rain-x. I feel that in addition to the chatter it induces, the premix fluid stains/dries out the plastic cowling at the bottom of the windshield where the wipers rest.

@Mike Phillips --> Any chance that AG will start to offer the winter blend of Sonax line of windshield washer fluid? I would love to try that out and see how it compares to Rain-X

Sonax Windshield Washer Concentrate-02325050-sonax-xtreme-antifrost-klarsicht-konzentrat-5l-jpg