autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Metro Blaster/ McKee's Turbo Dryer

Looking into buying a blower for car. I want to know your opinions on these two blowers. I'm more interested in the Metro. But I noticed the McKee's 37 Turbo Car Dryer is cheaper than the Metro. So what's your opinion on on these two blowers and if you used or have one of these could you please let me know what you think of them thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metro Blaster/ McKee's Turbo Dryer

I have not used the McKee's Turbo dryer so I can't comment.

I do however have the metro master blaster. Yes the 8HP dual motor is awesome but I think using it is too much of a hassle for me to use. The body is very heavy and the hose is very long.

I purchased the Metro Sidekick recently and have been very happy ever since. I use the sidekick way more than the master blaster mainly for convenience. I can carry it around and dry the car easily. Yeah, the power output is lower than the master blaster but I find it very adequate. Here's my review on it:
    Review: Metro Blaster SideKick Professional

So based on that, I'd recommend the McKee's Turbo dryer mainly for convenience... Because you can carry it around the car easier than the master blaster.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar's Car Crazy Showcase Team
    2016 Competition Ready Barn Find Porsche Team

Post Thanks / Like

Metro Blaster/ McKee's Turbo Dryer

I have the MB. I hardly ever use it. The hose is stiff and awkward. It's a PIA to store.

They do make a rack to hang it on the wall, but I have a brand new construction house and ain't drilling no holes in my walls.

However, it's primarily me just being lazy. It does actually work really well. Make sure if you are getting a MB you have at least a 20amp fuse to whatever plug you are plugging it into - so you can run both motors.

To me it doesn't really make drying a car significantly faster - but you can get all the water out of the cracks.

I use the Sidekick for everything and frequently. It's ergonomically perfect - easy to use, store, and just grab.

To dry a car I usually use DI water and the Sidekick. Easy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the DP Turbo Dryer which is the same as renamed one. I've used it twice, it's sitting in a box. I'll take my Meguiars Drying towels and be done way before the Turbo dryer will be half way through. In Florida in the direct sun I don't have time to screw around with air dryers before I start getting water spots.

But I also feel the same way about pressure washers. By the time I get my electric out and hooked up and ready to go I'm almost done washing with my foam gun and two buckets.
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Master Blaster mounted on my garage wall with the 30' hose that hangs very nicely. With my coated cars I don't even need a drying towel anymore. The Master Blaster paired with CR Spotless rinsing for 2BM washes is great. The less I need to touch the paint the better.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

can't go wrong with the turbo dryer (easy to carry around with both hands and has a long cord), it doesn't require much power to use (no more than a shop-vac/vacuum) and it does a great job and not as cumbersome as the metro blaster to drag around...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Metro Sidekick. Best tool I ever purchased. I use it mainly to blow out crevices and mirrors. Also great on rims especially where the nuts are.

I have not tried McKee's but maybe you can compare the stats for both and see how they compare. The only real important factor here is the CFM both unit generate. The sidekick has enough air output to do everything it is supposed to do well. I would not go with a lower CFM unit though in fear it would not be capable do doing the job.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick had mentioned that a new version of the McKee's is supposed to be out soon. I wonder when that will be out.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the McKee's branded one. It seems much like the prior model that I have at another location. It is more affordable with doublel discounts (% off, % off gift cert).

I also have the MB and the McKee's unit is more like the MB with just one motor. It will dry (easier if LSP is in good condition) but slower.

The McKee's is much easier to get out/store compared to the MB and has a long cord so less likely to need an extension like the MB..or get the longer hose as mentioned previously. I also use it for blowing out riding lawn mowers, etc. You can use it under the hood and in the trunk area as getting rid of trash (leaves, pine straw) before washing.

It really could use a strap so I used a bungee as proof of concept.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Use the dp/McKees all the time along with a water magnet, couldn't be happier. Attached an old gun sling to it and threw it over my shoulder, decreased drying time and is a far less laborious process. Saves time and energy= winner for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast