autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Junior Member Matt@flyingchipmunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: McKee's 37 Wheel and Glass Coatings

Wanted to pass along my quick thoughts on the 3 McKee's 37 products I got to put to use. Wheel Coating, Glass Restorer and Glass Coating. This will mostly be a picture and video review as it's pretty self explanatory

Before Shot: Dirty Rims

Before Shot: Cleaned Rims

Cleaned and Dried

McKee's 37 Wheel Coating Applied

A little goes a long way. Coating applied to front and inner barrel.

McKee's 37 Wheel Coating Close Up

McKee's 37 Wheel Coating Water Beading

Rims back on car and got to drive in some rain the next day, took some this shot of the beading.

Thoughts: Prep is key like any coating, spend the extra minutes cleaning the rims it will be worth it in the long run The coating went on very easy. I used the finger foam pocket Flex Foam Finger Pockets <i>are soft, dense foam pockets that fit over your fingers for easy and efficient cleaning. spray onto the finger foam pocket and spread over rims, wait a minute or 2 then go back over with a MF towel, easy peasy. As many know BMWs are break dust generators, 1 week later the clean up was extremely easy, a wet MF towel and a simple swipe and off came the brake dust. I like it, as long as you keep on top of cleanup and don't let them go too long cleanup is a breeze. Anxious to see how long it lasts, but so far I have nothing but 2 thumbs up for the wheel coating.

McKee's 37 Glass Restorer

This was after I had already washed the windshield. McKee's 37 High Performance Glass Restorer did a great job of cleaning up that stubborn layer of grime and making the windshield squeaky clean. Don't expect miracles here, it's not going to polish out scratches or rock chips, it's only going to clean them.

McKee's 37 Glass Coating
    I didn't take many pics of this process and the ones I did really weren't showing much but a windshield, so I waited until the first rain to take come footage from my dashcam to show the coating in action.

Thoughts: Again easy peasy to apply. Most of the windshield was simple - spray on the windshield, spread out with vertical and horizontal strokes, let sit a minute or 2 then buff off with MF towel. There was one spot where it gave me some issues flashing/buffing out but I narrowed it down to not buffing off the glass restorer completely in that one section. Easy to correct.

Thanks for looking, I don't think you can go wrong with these products. Time will tell how they hold up!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: McKee's 37 Wheel and Glass Coatings

Great review. I came across this while looking for a review of the McKee's Paint Coating.
    How have these products stood up over time?

Post Thanks / Like

Have both products on my xterra and they have stood the test of time.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Junior Member Matt@flyingchipmunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knozzmoeking View Post
    Great review. I came across this while looking for a review of the McKee's Paint Coating.
    How have these products stood up over time?
    Thanks. It's been a little over 3 months for this vehicle and it gets driven about 700 miles/week. It hasn't rained very much so the wipers haven't been putting the glass coating through much abuse.

The water still beads and flies off the windshield at highway speeds. I was actually just paying attention to this today as it was finally raining a little.

The coating on the rims has been fantastic. BMW's are known for being fantastic break dust generators. Every 2 weeks or so I clean them and all it takes is a MF towel soaked in ONR and a quick wipe down. Easiest time I've ever had cleaning rims. I will definitely be continuing to use this on my vehicle and client's.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have the McKees wheel coating and I'm wondering if it would be ok to apply to my polycarbonate headlight lens. Has anyone done this?

Never mind.................I just ordered a bottle of McKees headlight protector spray. Hopefully this will prevent the lens from fading. I hate the look of sun beaten polycarbonate.

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. Those wheels look great. M3? If so, very nice car. If I had to trade my sports car for a sedan that would be it.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info