autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Exterior System: Polish Enhancer, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, and Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Review of the Three Part Wolfgang Exterior System:
    Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Methodology:
    1. Wash and dry car
    2. Clay bar car and wheels
    3. IPA spray down
    4. Spot polish in a few areas as needed with Meguiars
    5. IPA clean entire car
    6. Wolfgang Polish Enhancer
    7. Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
    8. Wait 14 hours
    9. 2 coats of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Vehicle Condition Before Detail:
    Only a year old the car was already in excellent condition with a Quick Detailer top coat, no wax or anything else in this photo:

Review of Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer

Polish was applied via a Porter Cable 7424xp Buffer and a Chemical Guys White Polish Pad. As you can see from this photo it's hard to tell which side the polish was applied to (left side) as the paint was already in excellent condition.

My thoughts: Went on fine, gave the paint a slight glow. A little less glow that I was expecting, but the car's paint was already in excellent condition. I think on an older car it would be nice. However it didn't hide any of the fine scratches like some glazes claim to, so I might opt for trying a different product next time instead.

Easy of Use: 7 of 10
    Overall: 6 of 10
    Would I Use it Again: Maybe, once the car gets older or if the car had some paint issues it might be more beneficial.

Review of Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    Polish was applied via a Porter Cable 7424xp Buffer and a Chemical Guys Red Extra Fine Finishing Pad. This stuff went on easy. Waited 45 minutes and it came off easy. Absolutely loved how quick and easy it was to apply. I have painted alloy wheels so I applied it to my wheels as well after a through cleaning. Gave everything a very slight shine when I buffed it off with some clean micro-fiber towels 14 hours later. The shine wasn't mind blowing but it was nice and subtle. If this lives up to it's protection promise I will be very happy.

Easy of Use: 10 of 10
    Durability: ? Supposed to be 6 months to a year. I'll write back at a later time with a progress report.
    Overall: 9 of 10
    Would I Use It Again: Absolutely, very easy to apply, gave the car a subtle glow, and if the protection lasts, you can guarantee I'll be getting more.

Review of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

This stuff is very slick, applied with just a spritz of the bottle and spread with a microfiber applicator. It has a wonderful candy smell as well. It took only a few minutes for it to blend in, did not give the car any noticeable shine in the garage lights, completely transparent from what I can tell. This contrasts from the "wet" look others have claimed, might be that it was just hard to see in the garage lighting, because the entire detail package looked great when I took it out later in the sun. It also solves a very big problem I have with this car, the grill is gloss black painted and it tends to gather water. This stuff was magic when used on it, so if it lasts I'm going to be extremely happy. Just spray it on, and wipe off the excess. Much easier than a wax or other sealants would have been on this grill. It went on very quickly and also gave the grill a nice deep black glow. (see photo below)

Left side uncoated / right side Wolfgang Liquid Seal

Easy of Use: 10 of 10
    Durability: ? Supposed to be 2-3 months. Time will tell
    Overall: 10 of 10
    Would I Use It Again: Absolutely, very easy to apply and was a life saver for my black grill.

Results of the Treatment:
    As you can see below the car turned out really nice. It has a little more depth to the glow than the pre-detail photo and should be protected now until at least the fall. Should make future washings easier as well. I'm extremely happy with how the grill looks after Liquid Seal, and how the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant made the black on the wheels pop as well. I hope it lasts on the painted wheels as well as the rest of the car.

Car enthusiast, here to learn. 2015 Audi RS7.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Exterior System: Polish Enhancer, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, and Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Exterior System: Polish Enhancer, Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0, and Deep Gloss Liquid Seal

Thanks for the review, very well done. Love the way the grill turned out with the Liquid seal. Always wondered if there was an advantage to applying Liquid Seal over Paint Sealant 3.0

Audi is gorgeous, you are one lucky guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

I really like how the liquid seal looks on the grill as well, you can definitely tell a difference. I will update after washing, the grill used to spot pretty heavy and required a lot of manual drying, hopefully the water will just fly off now.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review. I agree with your findings.

Now its time to add a coat of Wolfgang Füzion...

Thanks for sharing.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice review and writeup

Post Thanks / Like

Great job. Beautiful car!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the great comments!

Couple more photos this morning (overcast day vs full sun in the others). One thing I love about this paint is how it changes colors in the sun vs in the shade.

Post Thanks / Like

Great review on an awesome car. Flash a nice tune on that baby and wake her up

I'm interested in trying out the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal as I have an RS4 grill on my car and have been using WETS on it. Works well on the cowling and door trim but the grill it washes off too soon.

Will look into it.

Especially interested in how it compares to Optimum Optiseal or Blackfire Crystal Seal which I used on it today.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Update:

It rained breifly today so I took it to the wash for a quick rinse at the car wash. It beaded up and after a spot free rinse, and I It took it for a quick drive to get off most of the water. However the water stubornly stuck to the car. Even driving 60-70 mph for short distances I couldn't get it to fly off. Typically when I would wax a car 50-60 mph is plenty to make the water fly off. Also my wife's car is black and got coated in gtechniq Crystal Serum Light about a month ago and water flies of it to a nearly dry state at about 40-50 mph. I barely used half a towel to dry off her suv last week when I washed it. On my car, having done the paint sealant and then the liquid sealant I expected it to be more slick and for the water to come off easy. The water stuck to the car, and to grill like it would if it had no wax and was completely stripped.

Not sure if this is a first rinse issue or if some sealants just have a high friction to them? Maybe someone with more experience can chime in? I will also update again after the next full wash, I hope the friction will improve after a second wash.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast