autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray vs. pollen covered Ford Mustang

As soon as the new McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray came out, I knew I had to take it for a spin! This Ford Mustang was perfect for the job. It sat outside during Florida's pollen season and was caked with it pretty good. The pollen got really bad down here for a couple weeks. I desperately wanted to see just how glossy the end results would be and not to mention how well the product safely removed the stubborn pollen off the car. Time to spray, wipe, and buff

McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray

The mist is extremely concentrated so only a few pumps covered the cleaning area easily

My favorite towels to use with quick detail sprays - Gold Plush Jr. Towels. Just look at how the dirt embeds right into the plush surface

Just LOOK at that GLOSS!!! I'm SOLD

This is a cool read that was posted by a Forum Member (TOGWT ) back in 2008:

Pollen[: Micro gametophytes - pollen grains]

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling" Chicken Little

The yellow fines to coarse powders you see in the air is made up of small sperm cells from blooming plants and are one of the most common allergy triggers. The pollen from trees are the main concern, vehicles get hit with pollen laced trees that include: oak, western red cedar, elm, birch, ash, hickory, polar, sycamore, maple, cypress and walnut (which also leaves an oily residue). Pollen grains of pines, firs, and spruces are winged.

Pollen must be strong to protect the male gametes on their journey. The outer wall of the pollen grain, called the exine, is composed of a very unusual substance called sporopollenin which is very tough. The inner layer is made of cellulose and is similar in construction to an ordinary plant cell wall; pollen will literally ‘wear’ away wax or polymer sealants.

Pollen isn't removed by air friction as you drive because it adheres to a surface with microscopic barbs that can attach to even a very slightly uneven surface, and adheres to a natural wax better than a synthetic polymer. As well as being allergic pollen is also very abrasive (due to its exine or barbs) and slightly acidic dust, especially when mixed with moisture and should therefore be removed from paint surfaces as soon as is practicable.

In conclusion:
    Do not try to "dust" off the pollen because it will more than likely cause marring due to the pollen exine... Use a dedicated quick detailer, waterless wash, rinseless wash, 2 bucket wash system, etc.. that contain lubricants and surfactants to prevent marring on the painted surface (epecially with pollen). The McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray had plenty of lubrication to prevent marring but also finished out extremely glossy. Pictures don't even due it justice. I have many favorite detail sprays, after using the McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray, it's definitely up there on the list. At the great price point, I highly recommend buying a bottle and trying it out for yourself. You will not be disappointed. Thanks for reading

McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray vs. pollen covered Ford Mustang

Nice review Andre. Looking good!

The end results speak for themselves on the product.

Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

I didnt know that about pollen, lol, great post!

Post Thanks / Like

1800 I began my test. IPA wipe of hood on flat and vertical surfaces. Chose 5 spray detailers. Used one microfiber towel to clean hood and apply sprays. I am conducting this test to see which one has the best anti static qualities if any. This vehicle is parked by a Magnolia tree. There is a breeze of about 10 mph. Pollen and dust abound. If anyone wishes to see the weather, my zip is 76541. I will post and photo before dark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray vs. pollen covered Ford Mustang-1460329772138-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

0742, I checked the results of the five sprays. No pollen or dust on the hood because there is a fine mist happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Water beading results are posted under " anti static ". Search and ye shall find

Post Thanks / Like

There are pollen bombs on the hood. Quite difficult to see on the color. Lasted about 38 hours. A mist is in the air once again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McKee's 37 High Gloss Detail Spray vs. pollen covered Ford Mustang-1460472908580-jpg