autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

What's in the box? FLEX Free Spinning XFE 7-15 150 - 15mm Orbital Polisher!

What's in the box? FLEX Free Spinning XFE 7-15 150 - 15mm Orbital Polisher!

I grabbed one of the new FLEX XFE 7-15 orbital polishers from the 4 pallets of these new tools in the warehouse and opened her up so you can see what the final production unit looks like.

This is number #00197

Detail Fest is SOLD OUT for displaying your car but there's plenty of room for passionate car enthusiasts and detailers!

Detail Fest 2016

The new Flex XFE 7-15 150 is now available to order!

On Autogeek.com

By itself...

FLEX XFE7-15 Long Stroke Orbital Polisher

Or in a kit...

FLEX XFE7-15 Long Throw Orbital Starter Kit – Choose Your Pads!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's in the box? FLEX Free Spinning XFE 7-15 150 - 15mm Orbital Polisher!

Just awesome , another first for the may class, cant wait to use this at class just lovin it

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im so excited to add this to my arsenal!

Post Thanks / Like

Is it for purchase ?

Post Thanks / Like

What's so special about this flex model?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
    What's so special about this flex model?
    It's not a forced rotation unit that flex had traditionally. It is a direct competitor with rupes and the griots boss units.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Detailsbydaniel View Post
    It's not a forced rotation unit that flex had traditionally. It is a direct competitor with rupes and the griots boss units.
    Is it better than the flex 3401 unit?

Post Thanks / Like

How many watts is the motor in the flex?

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, I want one of these things.

I was considering getting a mark 2 15,

This is going to be tough

Mike Phillips

It's DIFFERENT than the FLEX 3401

You ask an interesting question though.... makes me think of the hundreds of times people ask which tool is better the FLEX 3401 or the RUPES polishers and I always answer this is comparing apples to oranges because the FLEX 3401 is UNIQUE in that at this time it is the only gear-driven orbital polisher.

The RUPES polishers are all free-spinning, like the Porter Cable is free spinning so to compare them based upon their mechanical build is simply not the right way to compare them.

Another observation over the last 6 years or so....

People that is people in the forum world and now a few years later the Facebook world, have been asking even pleading FLEX to bring out a free spinning orbital polisher.

I'm not saying that you Kona Blue have been asking FLEX to bring out a free spinning orbital polisher but in general, the detailing community at large has been asking for this type of tool for years now....

In fact, it gives me great pleasure to say that I brought this request by the detailing community at large to the FLEX Engineers in OCTOBER of 2011

That's 5 years ago....

Here's the thread I created to document this and this is why a discussion forum is so much more powerful than Facebook. Try to find a "thread" on Facebook that's 6 years old and "link" to it.

Secret meeting with the Flex Engineers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

Upon our arrival on Thursday afternoon, we were welcomed to the Flex Corporate Offices and then introduced to most of management and key personal.

After introductions we had what I think was one of the best parts of our trip and that was a chance to meet with and discuss power tools with the Flex Engineers. Sorry but no pictures of the actual meeting as it was private but here's the skinny... both Nick and I had a chance to talk one-on-one with all the top engineers at Flex including Dirk Rock, the engineer behind the Flex PE14

This was our opportunity to share our thoughts about tool design and the direction and needs of both the enthusiast and professional markets. It was truly an honor to sit and discuss tools and technology with the Flex engineers. I brought along two Brinkmann Swirl Finder Lights and gave one to Dirk since his job includes testing the paint polishing tools on painted hood panels in the training room.

Sorry but I can't share what we discussed nor any pictures of Nick and I with the engineers, but here's the meeting room...

So people in general have been asking for a free spinning orbital polisher FROM FLEX for years now and your request has been answered.

The new FLEX Free Spinning XFE 7-15 150 - 15mm Orbital Polisher!

It's not a question of whether or not it's BETTER than the FLEX 3401 it's DIFFERENT than the FLEX 3401.

It's a tool people have been asking for - for years.

But to go the extra mile and answer you on a different level, at this time the FLEX 3401 is the most powerful orbital polisher on the market simply because no matter what "you" do as it relates to your technique. Or no matter the shape of the panel you're buffing - you cannot make the pad stop oscillation or rotating and for this reason as I like to say,

"With a Flex 3401 you can POWER through a detail job"

In fact, I posted the above here,

How much time does a "real" polisher save over a PC?

My opinion has always been that if you're a professional detailer, that is you detail for money then it's not about having the best tool. It's about having the best tools.

You need more than one "type" of tool. For example, a pro detailer really needs to have a rotary buffer. Not just an orbital of any flavor.

Good question, I'm glad you asked it.

Hope that helps...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast