autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

New Flex Tool XFE 7 - 15mm Long Stroke Free Spinning Orbital Polisher

New Flex Tool XFE 7 - 15mm Long Stroke Free Spinning Orbital Polisher

Recently I had the chance to test out the new Flex XFE 7 15mm Large Stroke Free Spinning Orbital Polisher. Actually, to be technically correct, the tool I used was a prototype, the only one in North America. Bob Eichelberg, the President of Flex Tools North America brought it back with him from Germany after visiting the manufacturing plant in Stuttgart, Germany.

If the production units work as well as the prototype then I think it's safe to say Flex how has the AMG of free spinning, large stroke orbital polishers.

Check it out! The white cap was made on a 3D Printer by the Engineers at Flex.

Here's Nick checking it out too!

What can I say except...

Prototypes are COOL

Even though the close-up of the label is a tick out of focus you can see this is prototype 00001

Let's take a look inside?

Size comparison to the Flex 3401
    How about some comparisons to the Flex 3401 to give you an idea of the size. While they look relatively the same in size and shape the body of the new XFE-715 150 is thinner and more streamline.

Increased number of cooling vents

And just in time... the new Thin Pro Pads

These fit and work PERFECT with the new Flex XFE 7

Mike Phillips

Re: New Flex Tool XFE 7 - 15mm Long Stroke Free Spinning Orbital Polisher

Time for a test drive

Bob Eilchelburg brought me this tool to test it out and for occasions like this I always bring in cool cars that need a little help. For this project I brought in my buddy Luc's 1969 Dodge dart GT Sport with a 378 cubic inch Hemi engine with dual quads. (Pictures of the engine at the end of this write-up).

This is a serius muscle car with lots of paint that needs buffing so it made for a great demo car to test out the 00001 prototype.

Here's the car and because I don't use a traditional wash with classics, muscle cars or streetrods I also used this car for a how-to article on how to use a Rinesless Wash.

Review and How-To: Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash

Figured a lot of people will be reading this thread into the future, even after SEMA so I might as well use it for a how-to article for anyone that reads it into the future wanting to learn how easy it is to detail a car and do it by machine.

Here's some of the products I used for this detail job.

Mercury Quasar spray bottle to mix up some Clay Lube using the new Wolfgang Uber Rinseless Wash. Nanonskin Medium Grade Autoscrub Pad which works GREAT on the new Flex XFE 7. Wolfgang Uber Compound to remove the swirls and scratches. Wolfgang Finishing Polish to maximize gloss and clarity and Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant to seal the paint with a long lasting, super slick feeling coat of syntetic protection.

Inspect for contamination
    After washing the car using the Wolfgang Rinseless WAsh I used the Baggie Test to feel the paint and yep... some kind of contamination has bonded to the paint.

Mike Phillips

Compounding
    First step... punish this prototype by compounding the paint.

Mike Phillips

Machine Polishing
    Time to switch pads and products and then maximize the gloss and clarity created by the compounding step.

Machine waxing
    Nothing wrong with hand waxing but if you already have the machine might as well let it do all the work.

Wipe-off
    This is the second most important part of any detail...

Beauty shots!
    Here's the final results...

Mike Phillips

The real deal
    What's under the hood you ask? It's the real deal. This is a 426 Hemi engine bored out to 478 cubic inches with dual quads. This is some serious torque and horsepower!

Mike Phillips

Tires cleaned up and dressed using BLACKFIRE All-in-One Trim & Tire Protectant.

Mike Phillips

My comments...

I was completely impressed with this 15mm orbital polisher. Coupled with Autogeek's new ThinPro foam buffing pads it's a killer combination for removing swirls, scratches, water spots and oxidation.

You can also use it for mechanically decontaminating paint using tools like the Nanoskin Autoscrub pads and also machine applying waxes and sealants.

Can't wait for SEMA to start I'm hoping to pry one of the brand new production units out of Bob Eichelberg's hands at the end of the show on Friday and bring it back to Florida.

Not sure when production models will be available but when they are we'll announce it here on the forum and they'll be available at Autogeek.com

Mike Phillips

This thread is now public!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Thanks for sharing Mike, this thing looks like a beast.
    2016 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD OFF ROAD PACKAGE

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast