autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

I just coated the wife's car with this, and it's fantastic. One question I'd have is, so far, I've used only Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. Are there any rinseless washes that should be avoided with this? I'm assuming nothing with sealants or waxes. Any detail sprays that would work with this? Or should I stay away from anything else? I have a fairly full bottle of Infinite Use Detail Juice. Just wanted to make sure it was okay for this coating.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hantra View Post
    I just coated the wife's car with this, and it's fantastic. One question I'd have is, so far, I've used only Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. Are there any rinseless washes that should be avoided with this? I'm assuming nothing with sealants or waxes. Any detail sprays that would work with this? Or should I stay away from anything else? I have a fairly full bottle of Infinite Use Detail Juice. Just wanted to make sure it was okay for this coating.

Thanks!
    I use Uber Rinseless in Quick Detailer dilution for quick wipedowns. Uber Auto Bathe when I wanna haul out the buckets and hose, Uber Rinseless according to label directions when bucket and hose feels like too much work.

May as well keep it all in the Wolfgang family.

Mike Phillips

I just coated the wife's car with this, and it's fantastic.
    Good to hear!

One question I'd have is, so far, I've used only Wolfgang Uber Rinseless. Are there any rinseless washes that should be avoided with this? I'm assuming nothing with sealants or waxes. Any detail sprays that would work with this? Or should I stay away from anything else? I have a fairly full bottle of Infinite Use Detail Juice. Just wanted to make sure it was okay for this coating.

Thanks!

Great question and something I was talking to Nick about just yesterday.

Technically speaking - You don't want to put anything on top of a coating as this takes away from the benefits and features of the coating. The exception would be a dedicated product that offers a chemical synergistic compatability with the specific coating like Pinnacle Black Label offers.

Black Label Coating Detailer & Booster - Synergistic Chemical Compatibility

Black Label Diamond Coating Booster & Black Label Diamond Coating Detailer

In the past I've kept my wife's SLK350 coated with Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating and then maintained it using the matching detailing and booster.

Tonight we're going to wash, polish and coat her SL 500 with Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating and since there are no matching detailers or boosters in the Wolfgang line at this time I'm planning on continuing the maintenance using the Pinnacle Black Label detailer and booster.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ng-5-00pm.html

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike. Will tonight's session be recorded for later? Can't make the live one.

Mike Phillips

Thanks Mike. Will tonight's session be recorded for later? Can't make the live one.
    No.

I'll try to take enough pictures to write a couple of article.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I have a 2014 deep impact blue mustang and have purchased a Wolfgang deep gloss total concours kit that included the auto bathe, clay and spray, polish enhancer, sealant 3.0, detail spritz and Fuzion wax. I haven't gotten around to using the sealant, wax or clay yet. My problem is the car gets dusty between drives and Im starting to get light swirls. I wish I would have known about these coatings before...LOL. OK so my question is will all the reading Ive been doing what is the best product? Wolf gang ceramic coating, Polish Angel cosmic or Chemical guys carbon v9. all seem to be easy to apply and have good reviews for each. What actually makes one better than another? I know this is a broad question and please move this if its not in the correct place. Another question I have is will the WGDGP3 protect against scratches and swirls but for just not as long? I haven't coated my car purposely for anticipation of a coating not a sealant...Overall goal is to have a easy to clean car with minimized chances of swirls or scratches...
    thanks
    -nick

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Redline8k View Post

Mike, I have a 2014 deep impact blue mustang and have purchased a Wolfgang deep gloss total concours kit that included the auto bathe, clay and spray, polish enhancer, sealant 3.0, detail spritz and Fuzion wax.

I haven't gotten around to using the sealant, wax or clay yet.

My problem is the car gets dusty between drives and Im starting to get light swirls.

I wish I would have known about these coatings before...LOL.

OK so my question is will all the reading Ive been doing what is the best product? Wolf gang ceramic coating, Polish Angel cosmic or Chemical guys carbon v9. all seem to be easy to apply and have good reviews for each.

What actually makes one better than another?
    Great question and here's the deal... at this point in time, as long as you choose a brand with a great reputation for quality then the product will perform as advertised.

As for which one is better? That's personal preference for the most part.

And here's the BIG PICTURE

NO MATTER WHAT BRAND COATING YOU USE - YOU STILL HAVE TO WASH AND "TOUCH" THE PAINT CAREFULLY

Coatings don't put an invisible forcefield around your car even though we all wish this were true.

I tell you one thing... I see the 1951 Mercury at a lot of the local car shows and it always looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Redline8k View Post

Another question I have is will the WGDGP3 protect against scratches and swirls but for just not as long?

I haven't coated my car purposely for anticipation of a coating not a sealant...Overall goal is to have a easy to clean car with minimized chances of swirls or scratches...
    thanks
    -nick

The WGDGP# or Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 is a GREAT synthetic paint sealant that leaves a super slick surface with a deep wet shine that everyone loves and this is why this product has such a strong and loyal following.

A paint coating will last longer than a wax or a sealant and it will help to create a self-cleaning and self rinsing or drying effect which will make washing and drying faster.

A quality coating will also help to prevent some swirls and scratches but you still have to wash, dry and touch the paint carefully.

Post Thanks / Like

For mobile detailers, coating with WG: if it rains on the way home for someone before the 12 hour cure what would be the negative effects? Water spots, unprotected panels? Shortened life span of the coating?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Heartsoulauto View Post

For mobile detailers, coating with WG:

if it rains on the way home for someone before the 12 hour cure what would be the negative effects?

Water spots, unprotected panels? Shortened life span of the coating?

The 12 hour cure time is a "Window of Time" generalization for perfect conditions in a perfect world.

Sad to say... we don't live in a perfect world.

I wouldn't think there would be any huge negative effects if at least a half hour to an hour has passed after wiping off any high spots.

It's best for ANY coating, wax or synthetic paint sealant to not get wet or get caught in the rain after application, not just Wolfgang's coating.

So do your best and if it happens, and you're around to softy wipe off the rain drop spots then do so...

Rain, working in wet climates is tough on mobile detailing.

Try to use an owner's garage for real important cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I put on WG Uber Ceramic about two weeks ago on my red Viper and unfortunately got some high spots that I now realize was due to inadequate lighting and trying to do too large of an area. My plan to rectify (from least to most aggressive) is:

1) Attempt to remove high spots by hand with AIO polish
    2) Use M205 on white thinpro pad with GG 3" polisher
    3) Use M205 on orange thinpro pad with GG 3" polisher
    4) Use M105 or GG Fast Correcting cream on orange thinpro pad with GG 3" polisher
    5) Use WG Perfekt Cleaner and recoat area

Do I need to polish the entire panel or just the section around the high spot? Any other general tips or things to be aware of? I'm happy with the product but want to get the blemishes off so it's perfect.

Thanks,

Rick

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast