autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2 - New Formula!

Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2 - New Formula!

The best is now better!

Black Label Diamond Paint Coating is the easiest paint coating in the industry to apply. Simply mist on, spread out and then give the paint a final soft wipe with a clean, plush microfiber towel. The paint is left with bullet-proof protection and a finish with the glassy look and slick feeling that everyone loves and wants to touch!
    (Always try to resist the urge to touch the paint on other people's cars)

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coat was already legendary in ease-of-use and performance. Now it's even better.

Improvements
    • Provides stronger water beading throughout the lifespan of the coating.

• Improved carrying agent chemistry provides more working time before it flashing to make spreading and working the product over the paint even easier than before.

• The protective coating left behind is thicker and more substantial providing increased resistance to marring anytime to wash or wipe your car's paint.

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating was already a great product and now its even better.

Walking the talk
    Autogeek's Cars & Coffee takes place the second Saturday of each month from 8:00am to 10:00am. What makes our Cars & Coffee show unique is that around 9:00am in our air conditioned Show Car Garage we hold a Detailing Tech Session where products are showcased and attendees get to see these products demonstrated live and then everyone is invited to check out the results.

Cars & Coffee Tech Session Topic - Paint Coatings - July 11th, 2015

100% Confident
    Anytime you do a life demonstration in front of groups as large as 100 people you better be 100% confident in your product. If anything goes wrong there's really no way to recover with that many eyes watching you're ever move and then inspecting the results under intense lights inside and bright overhead sunlight outside.

Simply put... the product better work.

Last Saturday I had the chance to share and demonstrate the new improved formula for Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2

The first thing was to explain to the everyone the difference between a paint coating and the other two options for protecting your cars paint, car waxes and synthetic paint sealants.

Besides the fact that the ingredients, that is the chemistry behind these 3 categories of products is completely different, it's the practical differences that matter most to people.

When it comes to Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2 here are benefits you get from the advanced nano-glass ceramic particles used to create his high performance paint coating.

1. Easier to apply.
    2. Lasts dramatically longer.
    3. Protects better and longer.
    4. Offers better and longer lasting UV protection.
    5. Creates a self-cleaning surface.
    6. Makes washing faster and safer.
    7. Makes drying faster and safer.
    8. Reduces the risk for light marring anytime the paint is washed or wiped with a microfiber towel and a spray detailer or waterless wash.
    9. Creates an incredible glassy appearance.
    10. Leaves the paint feeling slippery and slick.

Start by misting a little of the paint coating onto the face of the coating applicator to wet the foam with product.

Next mist a spray of product to one section of paint...

Gently spread the product over the surface until you see it disappear and then move onto a new section.

After coating a single panel give the panel a soft buff with a clean, plush microfiber towel and you're done.

Then let the results speak for themselves....

On Autogeek.com

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating

Pinnacle Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish

Lake Country Coating Applicator 2 Pack

Gold Plush Jr. Microfiber Towels 12 Pack

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Label Diamond Paint Coating v2 - New Formula!

Nice review Mike! I very curious to compare this to the first version that I currently have.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, can you explain why the bottom of the foam applicator does not get hard days after application? I want to love this product over Cquartz UK because of its ease of application but I'm highly skeptical because of the lack of hardness on the applicator.

With that said, I just got off the phone and ordered a bottle to try. Thanks for the insight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    Mike, can you explain why the bottom of the foam applicator does not get hard days after application? I want to love this product over Cquartz UK because of its ease of application but I'm highly skeptical because of the lack of hardness on the applicator.

With that said, I just got off the phone and ordered a bottle to try. Thanks for the insight.
    I do believe that it has to do with the fact that Cquartz and Blackfire Crystal coat are quartz based coatings and the PBL is a ceramic based coating.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Scott, didn't you have longevity issues with V1?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I did. On the paint. Not the glass or wheels. And I followed the guidelines for pre-application too the tee.

Post Thanks / Like

I have committed, for now, but like you, I love the price of PBL. The coating I use is ceramic based, and the applicator is getting hard. Wow that was very dirty to type.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    Yes I did. On the paint. Not the glass or wheels. And I followed the guidelines for pre-application too the tee.
    Is that the reason they came out with V2? Maybe just maybe, dunno.

Post Thanks / Like

If you purchase this kit:

Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Coating Elite Kit

are you getting v2, or the old stuff? Is v2 noted on the bottle in some way?

- Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Nice! I was very close to picking up the older version during the door buster sale but I noticed other coatings were leaving much better water behavior behind and decided to skip on it. I'm looking forward to reading more reviews on this latest version.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast