autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Review: Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener! - New Product!

Review: Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener! - New Product!

Most people know my primary focus when it comes to detailing a car is perfecting the paint.

Why?

Because in my book, it's the finish quality of the paint that makes or breaks the entire look of the car. Great looking paint equals a great looking car. Swirled-out oxidized paint with water spots equals a dirty, neglected looking car.

Remember... you only get one chance to make a great first impression and right or wrong, people judge by your personal cleanliness and also the cleanliness of your car.

While perfecting the paint is always my top priority that doesn't mean I don't pay attention to all the other areas of the car that need to be detailed. Let me rephrase that.... must be detailed.

And one area that is so often neglected are the exhaust tips. The car is just not finished till the exhaust tips are just as polished to perfection as the paint.

Unburned oil and gas causes a build up of black soot on both the inside and the outside of the exhaust tips creating an unsightly appearance drawing your attention away from the rest of the sparkling car. Being low to the ground and at the back of the car the outsides also get a build-up of oily road grime that mixes with the unburned oils and gas to create an even tougher film to remove.

What to use?

There are literally hundreds if not thousands of compounds, polishes and waxes on the market for polishing and waxing car paint. When it comes to exhaust tips there's virtually nothing on the market that is actually formulated for and dedicated towards restoring and maintaining exhaust tips. Till now.

Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener
    This metal polish is an all-natural formula that doesn’t contain any caustic chemicals or acids that are harmful to you or the environment.

Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener is a thick rich cream that is formulated using an advanced blend of all-natural cleaners, diatomaceous clay and a durable anti-corrosion agent that protects the surface against heat and soot build up into the future. Plus the anti-corrosion agent makes future cleaning faster and easier.

This thick, rich creamy metal polish is also easy to use an nowhere near as messy as traditional metal polishes and application as well as the wipe-off of the residue is fast and easy. Even better is the citrus fruity scent and you don't get that with other metal polishes!

Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener works best with a Lake Country Exhaust Applicator. This unique foam applicator pad won't scratch even the most delicate polished metal surfaces but provides plenty of aggressive scrubbing action that together with the polish cuts through layers of soot, stains and grime with ease restoring a brilliant high shine.

Dirty, soot covered grimy exhaust tips on a Corvette

The finish on the inside and the outside is dull and lifeless...

Directions

1. Swipe the foam applicator pad over the polish.

2. Using the foam applicator pad rub the polish over the polished portions of your exhaust tips both inside and the outside.

3. Using an all purpose wheel detailing towel wipe the resulting residue off and buff to a high shine mirror finish.

Repeat the process to the rest of the exhaust tips...

You done!
    In lest that 15 to 20 minutes you can restore a blinding brilliant mirror shine to polished, chrome and stainless steel exhaust tips to add the finishing touch to your car or any car you detail.

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Pinnacle Exhaust Cleaner & Brightener! - New Product!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike. Nice review, sounds like a good product.

Do you have a link to that applicator pad? I can't seem to find it on the site. Thanks!

- Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Mike. This is a great product.

Post Thanks / Like

I am loving this product. Melted away the build-up on my S6's exhaust tips with no pre-cleaning. I'm using the term 'melted' very specifically but I watched the carbon literally melt off. In fairness, they are opti-coated, but also lacking secondary cats.

Post Thanks / Like

@Matt - There's another review of this product on the forum and it looks as if the pad is included.

Mike Phillips

There's a number of our cars in the 3-day Detailing Boot Camp Class that have dirty and stained exhaust tips. Everyone attending this class will get to try out this new product and a number of other new products.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding review Mike.

The sponge is called the Lake Country Exhaust Polishing Sponge. It will be on the What's New page in about an hour.

Post Thanks / Like

This may end up as a topic for it's own thread since I haven't manage to find an answer an I have GTS out of it.

Contemplating an exhaust with a black chrome tip for the wife's Suburban.

Will this work on black chrome?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    @Matt - There's another review of this product on the forum and it looks as if the pad is included.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast