autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Meguiar's MT300 DA Polisher in ACTION!

Meguiar's MT300 DA Polisher in ACTION!

Came into the office today and found a box on my desk... I love days like this!

Meguiar's MT300 Professional Dual Action Polisher

I like the lightweight, thin compact body... this is a lean machine!

My co-worker Bryan keeps his 2014 Subaru BRZ detailed to the max all the time but something happened! Not sure what but Nick's point out the problem...

Scratches! Right smack dab in the middle of the hood!

So lets put the new Meguiar's MT300 Dual Action Polisher to the test using one of the new Meguiar's 5" thin foam cutting discs and some Pinnacle Advanced Compound.

How does she run full out? Smooth and quiet!

The scratches are gone now lets max out the gloss and clarity of the clearcoat....

Let's see how the new Meguiar's MT300 works to machine apply a paste wax....

Car Waxing Heaven!

It doesn't get any easier than this....

Back to perfect.

The polisher comes with the backing plate wrench, a set of spare brushes, a couple of hex head bolts and a hex head wrench to attach the handle.

Meguiar's incorporated a soft rubber tool rest at the front and middle of the tool body so without the handle it will set flat on a bench. Nice.

My personal preference is no handle for a number of reasons, one by placing your hand right on the head of the tool it's easier to control, apply pressure to evenly and less fatiguing to your forearm muscles. It's personal preference but I'd recommend trying it both ways and see which way you like best for your detailing style.

Rumor is these will be in stock around the first week of March!

You can pre-order yours today!

Meguiars MT300 Dual Action Polisher

On Autogeek.net

Compounds, Polishes and Wax used to remove the scratches, restore and maximize clarity and then seal the paint for a factory new appearance.

Pinnacle Advanced Compound

Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish

Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Meguiars 5 Inch DA Foam Discs 6 Pack - Your Choice!

Autogeek Detailing Cover-Up Towel

Super Member Caleb@ImpeccableImage's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's MT300 DA Polisher in ACTION!

Ive been waiting for a thread like this on the new MT300! Megs always knocks it out of the ball park.

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly a cat slipping due to surface slickness Or someone sitting there and a back pocket button doing its thing while getting up..

How does it feel compared to a GG6?
    How do you find these thin pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Love the write up!

If I was to start over, this machine would probably pique my interest the most. I would like to try one sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sealthedeal View Post
    Possibly a cat slipping due to surface slickness Or someone sitting there and a back pocket button doing its thing while getting up..

Meguiars 5 Inch DA Foam Discs

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, how do you compare it to the Rupes and or the PC7424XP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    By "how do you find", i meant to ask how the experience was compared to other slightly more thicker and wider(outside the BP contact area) pads like LC. I have the pads ordered already and looking forward to using them with GG6 and Sonax EX4/6, Menz PF2500.

Mike Phillips

Something like that... Bryan is a real sharp guy and when he first saw the paint on his hood he though it was a smear or something. Nick wiped his car down with DP Waterless Wash and discovered they were actual scratches!

Never good to find mystery scratches in your car's clearcoat but it worked out good for us as we needed something demo on.

For what it's worth... the scratches pretty much flew out of the paint with just a few passes. My guess is that's part soft paint and part aggressive and capable combo of the compound, pad, tool and technique. (slow arm speed)

Much much smoother and a lot more quiet. This new entry into the DA world is very smooth. I'd have to hold one next to a Rupes to gauge which is the most vibration free but it's in the Rupes league. This is only the second time I've used this tool. I used one at Mobile Tech Expo at the Meguiar's booth and then today.

I like them for free spinning dual action polishers. I'm not a huge fan of thin pads on tools like the Flex 3401 or rotary buffers. They work okay on direct drive tools but thinness isn't a huge factor with direct drive tools. It's a huge factor with free spinning DA's.

I coined the term,

Thin is in

So I've been a proponent of thin foam pads for a decade or so. In my article below on the Meguiar's thin foam discs I share a true story from around 2004 or 2005 so that's 10 years.

Here's the write-up. More tools, more pictures showing the new Meguiar's pads in action than anywhere else on the Interweb. Also an amazing transformation of a completely trashed Camaro into a rock star. Also a how-to article on how to photograph a car. Something for everyone...

NEW! Meguiar’s Foam Buffing Discs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Much much smoother and a lot more quiet. This new entry into the DA world is very smooth. I'd have to hold one next to a Rupes to gauge which is the most vibration free but it's in the Rupes league.
    Wow, that's great. When they announced this machine with a lot of fanfare, that seemed to bring on a whole lot of criticism, even though there weren't any out there in user's hands. How would you say the power compares to the GG6, since that seems to be the standard-bearer for power in the short/standard stroke DA game?

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to see some longer term testing. I still have a broken Megs machine with less than 12 hours on it.
    It does sound like they got the serious vibration taken care of.

I am curious to see if they changed the screw hole design where you change the brushes or if they still use that tiny plastic ring that is supposed to hold the screw in.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast