autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber Compound

Would be very interesting to see how this compares to "Scholl Concepts S3 Gold Compound". This is the one to beat on Rupes Blue Pads.
    -----------------------------------
    http://www.birminghamautodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Not to thread jack, but I didn't want to start a new thread.

I ordered the new uber compound and had a chance to do a test spot. (Disclaimer- my only previous experience is with M105/M205, and Megs Ult Comp/Polish).

To me the uber compound was much easier to work with and I got faster results.

I used the Uber with a LC orange 4" pad, followed by WG Finishing Glaze on a white LC 4" pad. The test spot was performed on the trunk of a 2012 Red Mustang. Although this is only my third combination of compound/polish to try, it is by far my favorite. I had a lot of issues with dusting with the M105 and with the Uber there was very little dusting. The product was pretty easy to wipe off. Attached are some before and after pictures.

For a relatively new to detailing, self proclaimed hobbyist, I love this product.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: Wolfgang Uber Compound-before-jpg   Review: Wolfgang Uber Compound-before-2-jpg   Review: Wolfgang Uber Compound-before-tape-line-jpg   Review: Wolfgang Uber Compound-after-jpg   Review: Wolfgang Uber Compound-after-tape-line-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

^^ Nice !

Are those "afters" after the WG finishing glaze, or after Uber Compound only?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rose
    I am cursed for life because I can never look at beautiful paint without seeing the defects

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davey g-force View Post
    ^^ Nice !

Are those "afters" after the WG finishing glaze, or after Uber Compound only?
    The after with the tape line is just with the Uber Compound, the other after is with both Compound and Glaze. I did have one spot that appeared to be micro-marred. But that may have been how I turned the machine off after using the compound. The finishing glaze took it out and finished nicely.

I should also state I found the Compound to appear lsp ready, but the finishing glaze really gave it a little extra shine imo.
    Last edited by Jpatchley; 09-16-2013 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Added a little

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jpatchley View Post

For a relatively new to detailing, self proclaimed hobbyist, I love this product.

Thanks for posting your experience. I've been following your progression since you first joined the AGO forum and you've really come a long ways from whee you started.

Nice pictures too... I'm kind of busy today but when I get a chance I'm going to insert them so even lurkers can see the results. For some reason, the forum is set up so only members can see "attached" pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpatchley View Post

I should also state I found the Compound to appear LSP ready, but the finishing glaze really gave it a little extra shine IMO.

There's an old saying,

One man's ceiling is another man's floor

What that means in context of finishing with ONLY a compound is that while some people are more perfectionist than others, some are not. And for some people, after using the Uber Compound if it looks good in their eyes they might just go right to the waxing step.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my contributions and mini review.

Teamed up with Sunshyne & Blkopz this past weekend for a team detail on a Mazdaspeed 6 that was recently brought from a dealership in CT. Very bad etching from waterspots and defects from the swirlomatic car washes. (thread coming soon)

Started with a Meg's MF cutting pad then finished it down with a buff n shine green polishing pad. Here's a pic of what was achieved.

On the next day, my brother Tommy & I tackled an NSX. We used the uber on the entire car after doing a test spot with a Lake Country Hydrotech Tangerine pad. Sorry the pics didn't come out so good. I promise you it was LSP ready after about 6 section passes, very slow arm speed, and Rupes 21 set on 4.

Overall, the Wolfgang Uber Compound is a nice product to have in your arsenal. Working time was great. It didn't have as much cut as compared to some of the products I had on hand but that is comparing apples to oranges. It finishes very well and depending on the pad you are using, it adjusts to the level of cut. Still have to do a side by side with FG400...very similar I'd say so far.

P.S. the NSX was pre LSP. The Mazda is after BFWDAFPP and Wolfgang Fuzion topper.

Post Thanks / Like

Uber compound or M101....that is the question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rez90 View Post
    Uber compound or M101....that is the question.

And a good question it is.

Always keep the shine in your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by runrun411 View Post
    And a good question it is.

You bought both, didn't you?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    You bought both, didn't you?

Setec,

I am LMAO. You are so funny and you know me so well. I have a 16oz Uber in my cart.

Always keep the shine in your life.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast