autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mike Phillips

Re: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant - Review and How-to

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Also, sealants WILL bond over acrylic glazes, but NOT oily ones.

Only wax over oily glaze.
    I've never walked out into a garage the next day after applying a sealant over a car that was polished and seen a pile of sealant on the garage floor surrounding the car because it didn't bond and slipped off the paint.

See post 16 of the below thread as this topic is discussed there,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-sealants.html

Also, there's something to be said for manufactures directions as they know their product's compatibility best since the chemists that formulate the product line make products that will work together with synergistic chemical compatibility.

Of course everyone is free to find their own way that suits there tastes but to say a sealant won't bond to paint because a polish that contained oil was used previously is probably not accurate and I've seen it done for decades.

That doesn't mean all sealants will do this as some are more finicky than others, but that's why I brought up the idea of following the "manufactures" directions for their specific product line. That doesn't mean what one manufactures says about their polymers needing a sterile surface applies to the rest of the industry and I don't think manufactures make recommendations for other company's products, (but sometimes forum members do).

One thing I've learned more and more since joining the AG Team is when it comes to paint care, there is not right or wrong way, just your way.

So glad I've been using the same Sig Line since I started posting how-to information to the Internet back in 1994

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wise words, the majority of posts advocate using multiple products from multiple sources, what a novelty it would be to use 1 complete line all the way through once in a while, see what difference it makes!
    But the other side is that half the fun is working out which ones work best together!

Post Thanks / Like

"Find something you like and use it often" = Words to live by!!!
    Mike, I can relate to your sig line & yet another excellent write up by the "Master of Correction" Mike!!! I will be adding WDGPS to my arsenal after this write up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant - Review and How-to

Quote Originally Posted by detaildave View Post
    "Find something you like and use it often" = Words to live by!!!
    Mike, I can relate to your sig line & yet another excellent write up by the "Master of Correction" Mike!!! I will be adding WDGPS to my arsenal after this write up.
    Fortunately I started out with Wolfgang line of products. It's a winning combination for me. I do alternate between Fuzion, Souveran and MaxWax as the LSP.

Super slick with a brilliant shine.

For me, experimenting with other products would be just spending money to prove that WG is the only line I need.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    I've never walked out into a garage the next day after applying a sealant over a car that was polished and seen a pile of sealant on the garage floor surrounding the car because it didn't bond and slipped off the paint.

See post 16 of the below thread as this topic is discussed there,

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-sealants.html

Also, there's something to be said for manufactures directions as they know their product's compatibility best since the chemists that formulate the product line make products that will work together with synergistic chemical compatibility.

Of course everyone is free to find their own way that suits there tastes but to say a sealant won't bond to paint because a polish that contained oil was used previously is probably not accurate and I've seen it done for decades.

That doesn't mean all sealants will do this as some are more finicky than others, but that's why I brought up the idea of following the "manufactures" directions for their specific product line. That doesn't mean what one manufactures says about their polymers needing a sterile surface applies to the rest of the industry and I don't think manufactures make recommendations for other company's products, (but sometimes forum members do).

One thing I've learned more and more since joining the AG Team is when it comes to paint care, there is not right or wrong way, just your way.

So glad I've been using the same Sig Line since I started posting how-to information to the Internet back in 1994

Mike, your response in post #16 in the other thread was to me and a great one at that... but let me push it one step further... I guess those who are in the camp of not putting a sealant/wax over an "oily' glaze/polish (depending upon which word you prefer), they would say you wouldn't find the LSP on the floor, but it would be in your microfiber when you remove it from the car. That is to say, I suppose the thinking would be that when you would wipe the dried LSP off, you wouldn't be leaving anything behind.

I suppose the simple response would be that if that was the case, there would be no surface tension on the car... but maybe you can expand...
    The “frozen concepts” reasoning runs contrary to one of the most fundamental principles of constitutional interpretation: that our Constitution is a living tree which, by way of progressive interpretation, accommodates and addresses the realities of modern life.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, great review. If I will apply the WG DGPS 3.0, I will let it to dry, then buff it, and then I will take the car out of the garage and keep it there over night, it will be OK? I can't keep the car in the garage over night. Also, on the second day it will be OK if I will wash it again (only to take the dust from the paint) and then apply WG Fuzion Wax? Of course, that before apply DGPS, I will wash it, clay it and prepare the paint with Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion.

Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123