autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Pinnacle Black Label Ceramic Trim Restorer vs Severely neglected plastic trim on a 2013 Mustang

Pinnacle Black Label Ceramic Trim Restorer vs Severely neglected plastic trim on a 2013 Mustang

PBL Ceramic Trim Restorer

One of the worst condition cars I've ever detailed

Here's the car. I detailed or saved this car back in February of this year. It has to be one of the worst condition cars I've ever buffed out. The picture below is the AFTER picture. I don't have but a couple before picture as I took a short video to document how bad the paint was before I started. The car was so bad... I tried calling the owners 2-3 times to ask them to simply come and get it as I didn't want to buff it out. Because I couldn't get a hold of them, I went ahead and detailed it.

Here's the plastic surrounding the wiper arms... it's damn near white.

Here's the PBL Ceramic Trim Restorer - fingers are crossed this will breathe some life back into the faded plastic.

Working!

MUCH MUCH BETTER!

Process

Besides washing the car and also washing the huge chunk of black plastic cladding Ford placed below the windshield on these cars, the only other thing I did was apply one well-massaged application of the PBL Ceramic Trim Restorer over the faded plastic.

Truth it - this plastic could use a second well-massaged application and down the road - regular application, at least until the appearance stabilizes. I shared this with the owners, nice people. They had me detail this Mustang for their son as a Birthday present. I hope they shared my recommendation about the trim and even how to properly wash and take care of the car moving forward. I told them to share my contact information with their son and let them know it would be perfectly alright for him to contact me if he ever has any questions on how to keep-up the Stang.... Never heard from him...

On Autogeek.com

Pinnacle Black Label Ceramic Trim Restorer

Mothers Ultra-Soft Microfiber Applicator Pads

2. Likes dgage, ollever, axel06 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Ceramic Trim Restorer vs Severely neglected plastic trim on a 2013 Mustang

amazing work Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Ceramic Trim Restorer vs Severely neglected plastic trim on a 2013 Mustang

Did you earn an extra vacation week after resurrecting that poor Pony from the dead, Mike??

This whole job made me tired just reading about it........(Paint correction thread included). Kudos, man.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Trim looks good. This product does work well and seems to hold up rather well.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by axel06 View Post

amazing work Mike
    Thanks Axel, it was just a matter of time and labor. The BF One Step and the BEAST simply did their normal thing - make paint look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post

Did you earn an extra vacation week after resurrecting that poor Pony from the dead, Mike??
    I did this car on a Saturday on my own time. Some people wonder why I detail cars? It's my passion. Like all other detailers, I find it rewarding to take a diamond in the rough and turn it into a glistening gemstone.

This whole job made me tired just reading about it........

It's truly the only car I can sat that after buffing it out - my wrists hurt. I never want to have to buff that hard again.

(Paint correction thread included).

Kudos, man.

For those reading this thread into the future - here's the link to the paint correction thread.

Most hacked-up Mustang I've ever detailed

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Trim looks good. This product does work well and seems to hold up rather well.

I know some of the YouTubers have torture tested these types of products. I don't follow these guys and rarely watch their videos. I know Andre does.

The key thing about plastic trim is what I shared in a recent LIVE detailing class video and that is,

Find something you like and use it often

As I explained in the video, because plastic trim looks good when you first buy a car - most people don't do anything. The plastic doesn't go bad overnight, it goes bad slowly over time. Because it goes bad or turns ugly slowly over time, most people only come to realize the diminished appearance AFTER years have gone by. By now... it's very late in the game.

Trim restoration products like these do a good job considering what they are up against. A better approach would be after buying a new car - implement the practice of treating the plastic with "something" at least a few times a year. The simple approach of being pro-active will stave off the ugly, faded aging appearance and keep the trim looking new.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work!

If you needed to do another application how long should you wait?

Thanks!