autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: How to do Topical Glass Polishing with Diamondite Glass Polish by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post

I watched your video when you did it.
    Which video? Sorry but we've made a lot of glass polishing videos this year including new products and LIVE detailing classes.

I bought the polish and Black Label Glass coating.
    Thank you for your trust and your business.

But I have the Supa Beast.
    The Supa BEAST can be used for both types of class polishing, Topical and Sub-Surface. In fact, any orbital, be it a free spinning or a gear-driven can be used for both types of glass polishing the thing is, when it comes to Sub-Surface Glass Polishing - the rotary will be the fastest tool for the job. The rotary will also be the most muscle-taxing for the person doing the work.

I'll include an article I wrote years ago where I used the iconic Porter Cable 7224XP to remove wiper marks. Point being, even one an entry-level orbital polisher can get the job done it's just going to take longer than a rotary due to the different types of tool motions.

But you did mention it be a soft pad like the Lake Country Red Pad, correct?

NOT Polishing pad.
    For Topical Glass polishing, using the Supa BEAST - what type of pad will work best depends on how old or aged the water spots are on the glass. It seems like the more time goes by the more case-hardened things like water spots, drizzle stain and road film will be impacted onto the glass. Thus a more aggressive pad is needed.

If the the water spotting, drizzle stains or road film you're trying to remove is not to bad then a foam polishing pad will work. Crank your Supa BEAST up to the 6 speed setting and press the pad against the glass while making slow, overlapping passes.

If this doesn't work - then switch to either a foam cutting pad or a short fiber length microfiber or DA wool pad.

If you can clarify would be great.

Let me know if the above answered your questions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to do Topical Glass Polishing with Diamondite Glass Polish by Mike Phillips

I watched your Diamondite Glass polishing video live, however, I came in a few minutes late. I did not know what type of pad you used for the Diamondite Glass Polish. My guess was a polishing pad, however, during the video there was a mention of a softer pad. But again I arrived at your live video a couple of minutes late.

I did buy the Diamondite Glass Polish along with the Black Label Glass coating. I am using the Supa Beast.

I hope this clarifies what I was asking. Thank you for all your videos! Going to watch you next video on How to Restore Faded Black Trim tomorrow on Facebook! KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Mike Phillips

I watched your Diamondite Glass polishing video live, however, I came in a few minutes late. I did not know what type of pad you used for the Diamondite Glass Polish.

If you start watching at the 14:30 time mark, I share the pad I'm using.

The pad I was using on the Supa BEAST with the optional FLEX 6" backing plate was this pad,

7 inch RUPES Coarse Wool Polishing Pad

I love these pads for when I'm working on really neglected paint and for TOPICAL glass polishing.

But just to add... when doing topical glass polishing just about any foam or fiber pad will work and any free spinning, gear-driven orbital polisher, by hand or rotary polisher.

4. Thanks Kamakaz1961 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12