autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Mike Phillips

Review: BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner

Review: BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner

BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner

What is it?

Glass cleaner in a thick, rich gel formula.

What does it do?

Cleans dirt, road film and other surface contaminants off glass.

When do I use it?

Anytime you have dirty glass that needs to be cleaned.

Why should I use it?

Maintain clean glass for safety reason. Clean and maintain any glass surface, inside the car, outside the car even for use inside your house.

From the manufacturer

BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner is a thick formula that clings to glass in a non-streaking formula, that breaks down and removes contaminants. Safe to use on tinted glass, BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner is ammonia-free. BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner is easy-to-use, wiping off with ease.

Your windows are an important aspect to your vehicles, after all, it is what allows you to see. But not all glass cleaners are created equal. The perfect glass clear goes on thick to remove contaminants but comes off easy without streaking. That perfect glass cleaner is BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner.

BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner is formulated to be a thick, gel-like viscosity that clings to dirty glass surfaces. Featuring a longer-than-average working time, BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner breaks down pesky contaminants on contact. The product does the work for you, so that when the time comes all you have to do is wipe away.

Best of all, BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner couldn't be easier to use. Simply spray BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner onto your glass surface and wipe away with a clean, microfiber glass towel. It's best to use a few microfiber glass towels so that you can prevent cross contamination, smearing or any possible streaking.

DIRECTION

• Use only on cool surfaces out of direct sunlight.
    • Spray BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner onto surface.
    • Using a clean microfiber glass towel, wipe glass to remove surface contamination.
    • Flip to a clean side of your towel and buff away excess product.
    • PRO TIP: Using two microfiber glass towels for this step will prevent cross-contamination and ensure no streaking or smearing occurs.

I need some really dirty glass

As luck would have it, I just happened to have a really dirty car with really dirty glass. This Honda HRV has not been washed in 3, maybe 4 months. It's a daily driver parked outside 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It's been driven in rainy weather over these 3-4 months and this means the exterior of the car, including all the glass - have road film.

What's road film?

Road film is an oily film that comes from the dirty water on roads and highways that is sprayed onto your car by the cars you're following when driving in rainy weather. The rain water on roads and highways is a mixture of water and all the oily fluids plus normal dirt and grime that builds-up on roads when it's not raining. Then when it rains, the cars driving in front of you spatter this mixture of dirty, oily water onto your car.

At some point, most of us driver our cars in the rain

Road Film also called Traffic Film tends to accumulate most visibly on the back of a vehicle and also the lower portions of a car but the truth is, if you drive your car in the rain, it's everywhere. Here's a visual example of road film that builds-up on your car's exterior including the glass.

Putting BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner to the test

I moved the Honda HRV into the garage and tested out this new style of glass cleaner. Besides normal dirt, air-pollution and road grime, there's also a lot of trees dropping sap and pollen where I live. I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

These are Speed Master Premium Glass Towels. They have a flat weave and are lint-free. They work great for cleaning glass on the outside or the inside of your car or home. They also work great for mirrors. Remember, when it comes to cleaning glass, more towels are better. If you wipe clean glass with a contaminated towel you're going to run into streaks and smears and basically fight yourself.

Here's 3+ months of weather, road grime, dirt, tree sap and pollen. This glass is dirty!

For dramatic effect, I've taped off a section to show before and after.

The thicker gel-formula provides CLING and DWELL-TIME. Instead of running onto the ground, the gel formula stays put.

After letting the gel formula soak and penetrate the layer of oily dirt I then started wiping.

The first pass is grabby because the towel is pulling off all the crud.

Right here I'm getting read to run the towel down the glass...

This second wipe - you can feel the glass becoming very slippery.

See how black this dirt is? That's oily road film.

Here I've flipped the towel over to a clean side and am giving this section a final wipe. Now the glass feels very slippery.

Removing the tape for the before and after results...

Now to finish the rest of this grimy back window...

Yeah, last time I looked, normal dirt is brown

That black you see is a culmination of dirty, oily road film, which is a combination of all the different fluids cars drop onto the road when being driven. Things like motor oil, transmission fluid, power steering fluid, gearbox oil, etc. It mixes with the normal dirt and pollution on the road and then mixes with the rain water on the road and then all the cars driving in front of you spray this dirty, oily mess onto your nice car.

Done.

Review

Normally it's hard to get excited about a glass cleaner, even a great class cleaner. And for the most part, most glass cleaners either work or they don't. This glass cleaner works exceptionally well as demonstrated by the pictures above. Not only did it easily cut through the oily film on the glass it wiped off easy and left the glass feeling very slippery. In fact, the glass almost felt silky, like there is something extra on it. And there were no streaking issues.

Thicker, gel formula

The idea of a gel glass cleaner may not seem like a big deal, but most glass is VERTICAL (think about it), and most liquid and aerosol glass cleaners, after sprayed onto the glass tend to work hand-in-hand with that constant force on planet Earth called GRAVITY and if you don't start wiping immediately - all your glass cleaner will be running off the glass. This gel formula enabled the cleaner to dwell longer where the cleaning agents can go to work breaking down and emulsifying any dirt or in my case, road film. This is the other benefit to a gel formula where the product clings to the class instead of running off onto the adjacent areas or the ground.

This glass cleaner impressed me in all the above ways I mentioned, thicker gel formula, excellent cleaning ability, zero streaking and the other cool feature, the slippery, slick feel it imparted onto the glass. If you're already a BLACKFIRE brand fan you're going to love this product. If your current and past glass cleaners have left you disappointed, give this glass cleaner a try. I know like me, you'll be impressed.

On Autogeek.com

Speed Master Premium Glass Towel

I'd recommend getting at least a 6-pack. You can never have too many microfiber towels.

Speed Master Premium Glass Towel - 6 Pack

Speed Master Premium Glass Towel - 12 Pack

Heck they're even offered in a 24 pack if you want to go nuts...

Speed Master Premium Glass Towel 24 Pack

Mike Phillips

Re: Review: BLACKFIRE Gel Glass Cleaner

Now available on the AG Store!

Post Thanks / Like

Let the battle of the glass cleaners begin! A gel cleaner sounds interesting. I wish they thought about it sooner.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like some great glass cleaner!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app