autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips recommended foam pads for the FLEX Family of BEAST 8mm Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers

Hey Mike - thanks for the great info, as usual!

Can you clear up a pad question for me? I was thinking the "URO-TEC" pads were designed for the long throw DA's, and the "URO-CELL's" were developed for forced rotation?

Thoughts? thanks.

Mike Phillips

Re: Mike Phillips recommended foam pads for the FLEX Family of BEAST 8mm Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Thanks Mike...

Just heads up....Having bit of a problem finding Rupes CF pads at the store!

They have DA pads listed. Are these the same as the CF's?

Tom
    They have the pads hidden behind a picture and text link for the

New RUPES DA System

I missed it too the first few times I went to the AG store page for RUPES

Here’s link

RUPES D-A Polishing System

Post Thanks / Like

Thank You, Mike,

Enjoy your time off!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Even more....

FLEX has announced they are going to discontinue production of the original BEAST - the XC 3401 VRG.

IF you own one or if you decide to purchase one, I strongly recommend you stock up on spare backing plates. Backing plates are WEAR ITEMS. Yes, they wear out. They actually last as long and even longer than any backing plate I've ever used but at some point - something's got to give.

So don't be slack, get yourself a couple of back-up backing plates before the window closes.

Flex XC 3401 VRG 5.5 inch Backing Plate

Sad to hear they are killing it off, I love mine and its the best auto related purchase I have ever made. Thank you for the heads up.

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, thank you so much for writing this. I just got my BEAST today and you wrote this just on time for me as I am researching pads for my beast and hoped you'd have a reccomended list!

Truthfully I'm leaning towards the Rupes yellow pads to start with for my one step corrections, but all of the other pads look quite interesting as well!

I can't wait to add these pads to my collection, as well as some extra backing plates!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post

Truthfully I'm leaning towards the Rupes yellow pads to start with for my one step corrections, but all of the other pads look quite interesting as well!

I really like the new RUPES yellow and white foam pads on any of the BEAST tools.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike! I just received my Rupes yellow pads yesterday and can't wait to use them. Thanks for all your help with this.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by StevenK View Post

Thank you Mike! I just received my Rupes yellow pads yesterday and can't wait to use them. Thanks for all your help with this.
    They work great on any orbital.

I'm confident you're going to like them.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I also have the Lake Country SDO orange pad and the blue one. I like the orange one better for one step correction. Do you think it worth it for me to switch over to a higher quality or stick with what is working very well. Also what are your thoughts on the P and S Play Maker one step?

Mike Phillips

I also have the Lake Country SDO orange pad and the blue one. I like the orange one better for one step correction. Do you think it worth it for me to switch over to a higher quality or stick with what is working very well.
    If the pads you have are working then go with it.

I've never liked the HDO or SDO pads myself but the pad is the LEAST important factor when it comes to polishing paint as long as you use the right "type" of pad. In other words,

Use a cutting pad for correction work
    Use a polishing pad for polishing

Also what are your thoughts on the P and S Play Maker one step?
    Here's my review.

Review: P&S Play Maker All in One - 2016 Chevy Impala - Production Detailing

P&S Play Maker All in One

And for this one-step AIO I used one of the pads I recommend in this article.

6.5 inch Lake Country Force Hybrid Orange Cutting Pad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast