autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: Detailing the seats in George Harrison's 1966 Ferrari 275 GTS

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Wow! What an amazing car to work on. Can’t believe the amount of grime pulled out of those seats.
    I agree. I took it as a real compliment when the owner contacted me and told me after he asked around, everyone he talked to kept giving him my name.

He primarily wanted the paint polished and I primarily only wanted to polish the paint. That's because that's what I like to do. I don't get excited to clean interiors. That said, I am good at detailing interiors, I just am lazy by nature and prefer to not have to get down on my knees and do this type of work.

Looking at the seats when the car first arrived I would have never guessed I would pull so much dirt and grime via BOTH applications. And like I said, these seats, door panels, etc, are far from the worst condition car any of us have ever cleaned - but both the owner and I were still surprised at just how much grime was removed.

Better yet, know now the seats are CLEAN - I felt a lot better about sitting in the car or touching the door pulls in this new world of germ avoidance we live in. (Covid-19)

Does the Leatherique protect too?
    It does in that it conditions the leather to PROTECT it from drying out and cracking. I don't believe there's any dedicated protection ingredients like you see with other brands.

I believe the BIG PICTURE is to use these Leatherique products on a regular basis as a form of Preventative Maintenance and it the action of doing something once in a while that maintains and preserves the leather. Same idea as washing, polishing and waxing your car once in a while.

The LINK to this article will be sent to the owners of Leatherique and they are completely welcome and encouraged to reply to you via me or even have one of their staff join this forum and represent themselves. That would be optimum. Kind of like how Rod Kraft represents Griot's Garage on this forum. That's up the them though.

or could yo add PBL L&V coat after?
    You know, I didn't even think of this? In hindsight - I would have. If I have the chance in the future I would gladly rub all the leather down with Pinnacle Black Label Leather & Vinyl Coating. I love that stuff. I also use it on the plastic in side engine compartment on new cars.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Couple more pictures...

I think the center console was black vinyl? I'm not a classic Ferrari expert. Regardless, I went ahead and wiped the entire thing down plus the shifter boot.

Looks great to me!

4. Likes dgage liked this post
    Mike Phillips

All good things must come to an end...

Kind of sad to see her go...

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

is it in running condition? Did you hear it? The columbo v12 engines have the most sublime sound.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by zvez View Post

is it in running condition? Did you hear it? The columbo v12 engines have the most sublime sound.
    Oh yeah... the owner drove it while he was here. You're right, the V-12 sounds cool.

I think he trailers it for safety reasons. One of those, Murphy's Law type of things...

9. Likes zvez liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12