autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I think the "thicker" feel is due to the rubbery, non-slick characteristic... It's not really all that weird - I know exactly what you're talking about. Either that or you and me are both weird LOL.
    I'm definitely weird. It's one of my most redeeming qualities.

Here's where I'm confused now:
    This 303 is supposed to be the dogs danglies when it comes to keeping a vehicle clean.. but they say it can be topped by other products... which would surely be less effective at keeping it clean.. but I like the slickness of the Megs hybrid ceramic wax... so the paintwork would be slicker... but get dirtier?

Incidentally I came across this YT video about graphene in construction a couple of days ago. No more rebar to rust out in concrete! (hoping this doesn't derail the thread...)
    Construction's Graphene Revolution Has (Finally) Begun - YouTube
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Incidentally I came across this YT video about graphene in construction a couple of days ago. No more rebar to rust out in concrete! (hoping this doesn't derail the thread...)
    Construction's Graphene Revolution Has (Finally) Begun - YouTube
    Pozzolans such as fly ash and volcanic ash have been added to concrete since the Roman times and this contributed to why Roman concrete was so good and could even cure under water. The mention of “Rebar” Graphene also mentioned nanotubes and described many characteristics of pozzolans such as reducing cracking so I think it is more of a new age pozzolan as opposed to truly replacing rebar in concrete. I learned about this when I did my kitchen countertops in concrete. Turned out awesome.

3. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Topped it with the Megs HCW today, very slick again... but now I have no idea what the 303 Graphene stuff is doing.. if anything? Can't see any reason to use the rest of it.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I believe it’s still a good base. I’ve got mine topped with flex wax so I’m in the same boat. But, I did have just 303 on it when I went on a weekend trip and the car sat under a tree during a ton of rain, and endured crummy conditions overall. I expected water spots and general messing up of the lsp, but nothing. It washed right up.

i thought about polishing it off and putting the hybrid solutions spray back on, but I may just throw another coat of 303 on it before winter. It’s so easy and while it may not be slick, there are tons of toppers you can use to bring up the slickness.

6. Thanks ZRX61, walt thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it 303 is one of the better graphene products?
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-bd7f5f91-97f1-448b-a016-e22c524144ef-jpg

I think it’s a great base. I don’t like how oily it is going on, how it messes with your applicator and towels a bit and make them black, but I think it protects well. I put a layer on a virgin car in January with no polishing, and followed it up in March with another layer. Then twice since then I have quickly wiped the car down with some carpro elixir as a topper and the car still looks like it’s got a sheet of glass on it. It handles bugs and dirt very well, completely slides off , and a trip from Florida to Philadelphia and back did nothing to abraid it, a quick touchless wash when I got home and it’s back to looking car show ready. Non-car people comment all the time to me what a great shine it is. kudos to BMW for a really great multiple application of clearcoat with no orange peel too!
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-bd7f5f91-97f1-448b-a016-e22c524144ef-jpg

I think it’s a great base. I don’t like how oily it is going on, how it messes with your applicator and towels a bit and make them black, but I think it protects well. I put a layer on a virgin car in January with no polishing, and followed it up in March with another layer. Then twice since then I have quickly wiped the car down with some carpro elixir as a topper and the car still looks like it’s got a sheet of glass on it. It handles bugs and dirt very well, completely slides off , and a trip from Florida to Philadelphia and back did nothing to abraid it, a quick touchless wash when I got home and it’s back to looking car show ready. Non-car people comment all the time to me what a great shine it is. kudos to BMW for a really great multiple application of clearcoat with no orange peel too!

Haven’t had mine on as long, but I concur overall. The nice thing is, it seems you can top with just about anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post

When did BMW start selling cars without orange peel in the finish?

Post Thanks / Like

Got a pic of the bike outside yesterday. Probably should have put some more thought into where it was parked... two coats of 303 & only topped with the Megs HCW stuff on the tank & ducktail.

22yo paint, 120,000 miles, only been washed with soap & water a couple of times.

This was last month, before 303

Post Thanks / Like

I recently tried out some 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating that Mike had sent to me. I tried it on some smaller parts as a test bed... A front fender on one of my bikes and a set of spare motorcycle wheels.

Here's my initial impression...

It worked great, easy to apply and buff, it looks good - real good, and I'm happy with it's performance in every way except one... It doesn't leave the surface feeling as slick as a wax or sealant would. If I lightly drag a microfiber towel across the fender I could feel the drag increase as I reached the spray coated portion. Whether or not that means anything is certainly debatable but it is something I observed. I like the slick feel of wax/sealant.

I think it is a really great product for the set of wheels I used it on and will continue to use it in that application, but I'm not sure I would use it on my entire bike or truck. I think I'll stick with the waxes and/or sealants for those applications.
    Here's a follow-up to my initial impressions of the 303 documented in Post #112 back in June...

I just used the referenced 303 for the first time on a complete job... A motorcycle detail job. Previous to this complete job I had only used the product on a set of motorcycle wheels and a small test section of a painted fender. The primary characteristic of the 303 that I noticed then was it's "sticky" or "grabby" nature when wiping off and the non-slick nature of the finished parts.

That hasn't changed. It's the nature of the product.

Nevertheless, I decided to give it a more determinative test. I used my 2002 Harley Softail Deuce as the test specimen.

Attachment 74152

I have to say that I am really impressed with the final results. The bike looks phenomenal... The paintworks, the chrome, the plastic, even the matte black control housings.

If you can get by the non-slick attribute of this product, it impresses in every other sense. When I say "non-slick", I'm comparing to a typical wax or sealant. It's not that bad, it's just not as slick as your typical wax or sealant.

The ease of use can't be beat. Just wipe it on, let it haze, and wipe it off. As the haze time increases, so does the "stickiness" during wipe off, but as you develop your process with the product, it's no big deal.

I found the best method for wiping is to initially wipe in a single direction by placing one hand on top of your wiping towel and using your other hand to pull the towel. This will remove the bulk of the hazed product without the towel rolling or twisting under your hand like could happen if you wiped in a typical one-handed manner. Once the bulk of the hazed product is removed, follow with another clean, fresh towel and finish buffing in a typical manner.

Following this usage of the 303 on my bike, I think it was a good choice. Good enough that I'm now more inclined to try it on a car in the future.

Great Product!

Here's a link to a thread with a description and several more pics of the detailing process should you be interested... 2002 HD Softail Deuce - Extreme Detail (autogeekonline.net)
    I did one of my bikes with 303 about a month ago and my other bike back in June with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.

After reading your questions on the slickness I went out to the garage and checked the slickness of each. Mind you, this is a completely subjective test so I wouldn't take my findings to the bank, but what I found is that the 303 bike does feel a little slicker today than it did when I first applied it.

Since applying the 303 that bike has been wiped with Meguiar's D115 as a quick detailer probably 3 or 4 times so that may be influencing my perceived improvement in slickness. Regardless, the other bike with the Ultimate Wax is definitely slicker.
    I think the "thicker" feel is due to the rubbery, non-slick characteristic... It's not really all that weird - I know exactly what you're talking about. Either that or you and me are both weird LOL.
    Here is what I think will be my final take on this 303 product. I've included my previous posts so that all of my interim reviews are together in one post.

Yesterday I tried out the 303 on my black truck. As it turned out, I was right in my first review when I said I didn't think it was the right product for my entire truck. The truck looked great with exceptional gloss but the lack of slickness just isn't working for me.

As a final step, several hours after applying the 303, I wiped the entire truck with a quick detailer. What a pain... The surface was so grabby I couldn't easily wipe the QD. The rag had a tendency to stick and roll under my hand. What should have taken a few minutes took infinitely longer because of this. It was at this point I decided the 303 isn't for me and my truck.

Previously I also used the 303 on one of my bikes and was really impressed with the aesthetics it provided. I still had the "sticky nature of the product issue", but on the smaller surfaces of the bike it was manageable and I could accept it. The bike looked so good that I decided I would try it on the truck when I got a chance.

The "sticky" nature of the 303 was not as manageable/acceptable with the larger panels of my truck. While the truck did look amazing, the "sticky" nature of the 303 was a deal-breaker for me. Simple QD and/or waterless maintenance is too difficult with the "sticky" surface as described above.

I ended up applying a coat of Meguiar's Ultimate Wax over the 303 to improve the slickness.

In summary, while I was (and still am) impressed with every other characteristic of the 303, the "stickiness" is a definite fault for certain applications and my truck is one of those.

If 303 could reformulate this product to improve the slickness while still maintaining all of its other attributes I'd love to try it again. But until then, my usage will be limited.

13. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes Rsurfer liked this post
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast