autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

The new Sonax Ultra Slick Detailer gets good reviews and I just got my bottle in today.

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good grief, my garage smells like an oil refinery.
    On the subject of *slickness*... does this stuff get slicker after a day or so?.. or (given that I live in the Mojave Desert) even a few hours?

Bike was slicker than snot before as it had Megs hybrid ceramic wax on it.. & as this 303 can be topped.. would ya go over it after a few days (& a second coat of 303) with the Megs stuff?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Good grief, my garage smells like an oil refinery.
    On the subject of *slickness*... does this stuff get slicker after a day or so?.. or (given that I live in the Mojave Desert) even a few hours?

Bike was slicker than snot before as it had Megs hybrid ceramic wax on it.. & as this 303 can be topped.. would ya go over it after a few days (& a second coat of 303) with the Megs stuff?
    I did one of my bikes with 303 about a month ago and my other bike back in June with Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.

After reading your questions on the slickness I went out to the garage and checked the slickness of each. Mind you, this is a completely subjective test so I wouldn't take my findings to the bank, but what I found is that the 303 bike does feel a little slicker today than it did when I first applied it.

Since applying the 303 that bike has been wiped with Meguiar's D115 as a quick detailer probably 3 or 4 times so that may be influencing my perceived improvement in slickness. Regardless, the other bike with the Ultimate Wax is definitely slicker.

5. Likes ZRX61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not due to drag the ZRX out until Sunday when I have a date with a chocolate muffin at the RockStore. I think I'm gonna add a second coat of the 303 tomorrow & then hit it with the hybrid ceramic stuff on Saturday.
    Used the 303 on part of the bathroom mirror just to see what it does about the condensation when I take a shower... so now the bathroom smells like a refinery too. I'll probably be getting some constructive feedback about that in 20 minutes or so...

7. Likes Jayfro, BadRims liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been maybe 10 hours & this stuff has set up just about perfectly. Definitely slick now.

I guess it just needs to bake in the Mojave Desert heat for a while

And this is probably gonna sound weird.. but the paint *feels* a lot thicker than it did. & yeah, I know that's not possible, but I can't think of another way to describe it.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been maybe 10 hours & this stuff has set up just about perfectly. Definitely slick now.

And this is probably gonna sound weird.. but the paint *feels* a lot thicker than it did. & yeah, I know that's not possible, but I can't think of another way to describe it.
    For me, the paint seemed smoother, just not as slick as some of the other products.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Update: Do NOT use this stuff on bathroom mirrors... (or glass shower doors I guess) I thought it might help prevent condensation...That's not what happened. Luckily I didn't put it on the entire mirror.

11. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Update: Do NOT use this stuff on bathroom mirrors... (or glass shower doors I guess) I thought it might help prevent condensation...That's not what happened. Luckily I didn't put it on the entire mirror.
    Luckily it’s barely noticeable.

13. Likes ZRX61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used it on my shower door without any issues. I used pinnacle glasscoat on the larger piece of glass and 303 on the door...glasscoat is winning the battle right now!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

I think the "thicker" feel is due to the rubbery, non-slick characteristic... It's not really all that weird - I know exactly what you're talking about. Either that or you and me are both weird LOL.

16. Likes ZRX61 liked this post
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast