autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Post Thanks / Like

I recently tried out some 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating that Mike had sent to me. I tried it on some smaller parts as a test bed... A front fender on one of my bikes and a set of spare motorcycle wheels.

Here's my initial impression...

It worked great, easy to apply and buff, it looks good - real good, and I'm happy with it's performance in every way except one... It doesn't leave the surface feeling as slick as a wax or sealant would. If I lightly drag a microfiber towel across the fender I could feel the drag increase as I reached the spray coated portion. Whether or not that means anything is certainly debatable but it is something I observed. I like the slick feel of wax/sealant.

I think it is a really great product for the set of wheels I used it on and will continue to use it in that application, but I'm not sure I would use it on my entire bike or truck. I think I'll stick with the waxes and/or sealants for those applications.

Post Thanks / Like

I plan to use mine only on wheels as well for similar reasons
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post

I'm happy with it's performance in every way except one... It doesn't leave the surface feeling as slick as a wax or sealant would.

And this is a primary characteristic I LOOK for in any product I use on my own cars.

Most ceramic coatings I've used, not all but most - leave the paint feeling rubbery or tacky - NOT slick and slippery like a conventional car wax or synthetic paint sealant.

I'm sure the fine folks at 303 read this thread as I've sent them the link a few times and feedback like yours, feedback like mine, helps a company to do new research and if and when possible, release version 2.0

At least that's how it's worked historically. The first thing to do though... is start. Thus you see tools go through and evolution. There was the RUPES EX or Legacy, then the Mark II and now the Mark III - the important thing was RUPES started. You can't get to the Mark III until you launch the Number #1. And 303 cannot get to version 2.0 until version 1.0 became a reality.

5. Likes Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I solved this problem with a quick wipe down of Carpro elixir, slick as all get out now….
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I solved this problem with a quick wipe down of Carpro elixir, slick as all get out now….
    I been gone from detailing for the last 2 months.... States opened up and I am back at my regular job. During these 2 months, I did the same with ECHO2, 303 detail spray, and recently with DP Graphene Quick Detailer. They all added more slickness to the surface.

I am not sure if anyone notice this with DP Graphene Quick Detailer. Its not that slick on its initial application but a day later....everything amps up from the gloss to the slickness.

Post Thanks / Like

After reading this ENTIRE thread, I've decided to get what I need to polish out the rims on my wife's Escape in the morning and some 303 Graphene and test it out on her rims which are BC/CC painted. Should be a good 'torture test' for the 303. I'm also thinking of doing 1/2 the hood with the 303 as a side-by-side comparison with the Turtle Wax Graphene to see which holds up better.

If the 303 wins out, I will probably polish out the car again going a little more aggressive to get rid of more of the swirls caused by the previous owner that didn't come out with the light polishing I did before and recoat the car with 2 layers of 303 ... after that, the Camaro is going to get done.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post

After reading this ENTIRE thread,

It's like a novel...

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post

after that, the Camaro is going to get done.

Thanks for testing out the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating after reading this review and thank you for trusting it on your Camaro.

For those that find this thread in the future and want to follow along, here's Don's follow-up thread.

First Wash - 303 Graphene

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New to the forum and to this thread. I'm interested in trying this on my daily driver that sits outside in the sun all the time.

My question is that can 303 Spray Wax be used on top of this as a topper or drying aid? It might not be necessary because of the beading characteristics of the 303 Graphene Nano Coating, but I usually like the feel of drying aid.

Also does anyone know why on the 303 website they don't mention UV protection in the production description for 303 Graphene Nano Coating, but the FAQ section for that product they do? For comparison, UV protection is clearly stated for 303 Spray Wax right on on the main product page.

Post Thanks / Like

I read recently from one well know chemist that graphene, in his opinion, is not what is causing the beading and hydrophobic qualities in these products. It's coming from other things. Per this individual, graphene is hype at this point. I know there are others who will disagree.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast