autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

We were out of stock for this time but a shipment came in TODAY.

There are 474 bottles - get em while you can!

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I bought a bunch of em and I've found it's just like you said, you can indeed get several uses out of these if you properly launder them.

I left one sitting out the other day and had to throw it away, but I typically take it to the sink and rinse it really well and then throw it in with my towels and MF wash solution in a 5 gallon bucket.

They are great applicators!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Bad punctuation.......If I was using a hand applicator I would want it to be black, I use a black orbital pad on a griots cordless orbital. I’m just saying if you got to do it by hand make sure your applicator black, especially if your OCD… LOL

Punctuation corrected above
    Didn't know Griot made a cordless polisher.

4. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

Didn't know Griot made a cordless polisher.

Yes. It's really only good for applying a wax or sealant. I could see using it to apply the 303 Nano Spray Coating. It's not strong enough to do normal paint correction but it is handy.

I could see it being used to apply AIOs NOT for neglected vehicles but as a way to maintain daily drivers. Like all cordless tools - the freedom of not having a power cord cannot be understated.

I did take it to local cars shows in the past to machine apply cleaner/waxes to cars that I had already detailed but the owners were unable to maintain. (older folk)

From 2018

Griots Garage 5 inch Lithium-Ion Random Orbital Polisher

I took this picture a few weeks ago and it's been sitting in a folder waiting to be uploaded so I could share my thoughts about this tool. So before I go into a major picture process project I figure might as well upload the picture and create this thread.

This is a cool tool. It's a cordless waxing machine.

First - it's NOT for doing correction work, so get that though out of your mind.

It IS for machine applying a coat of wax or synthetic sealant without fumbling with the cord or for when you don't have access to power, like at a car show. I use this anytime I want to quickly machine apply a wax to my own car. Now days I use the Pinnacle Liquid Jeweling Wax and with a foam polishing pad it actually will remove fine or shallow scratches. More important,

Machine > Human hand

Yes, even this lightweight, compact cordless tool will do a better job of laying down a coat of wax or sealant than the human hand. I show this to all the seasoned members of our society that I detail cars for because it will help them to maintain the results I restore to their favorite ride without having to become a detailer. By this I mean, this tool keeps things simple. One tool, a couple of pads and a bottle of wax or sealant. Apply a thin coat and by the time you've applied the product you can start removing following your path of travel.

It's easy to hold and in most cases you can machine apply a coat of wax or sealant to an entire medium sized car with a single battery. If the first battery does run out of battery life then you can swap out to the extra batter and easily get the job done.

The initial purchase price is a tick steep considering other tools under this prices like the awesome Griot's Garage 6" and 3" random orbital polishers, but for what it does and the way it does it, (cordless), it's very handy... no pun intended...

Price - $239.99

Years ago one of my co-workers in conversation to one of our sales staff said,

"Never spend another man's money"

By this he meant to coach the person and was teaching them that what may seem expensive to some may be a drop in the bucket to others, and visa-versa. So for some of you this might be an expensive tool to simply machine apply a coat of wax. For others this might be a value because it will do the job better and faster than your hand and of course.... it's cordless.

Next time I use it I'll try to find someone here at AG that's not busy to take a few pictures...

Griots Garage 5 inch Lithium-Ion Random Orbital Polisher - $239.99

6. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

EXACTLY…….I have an arthritic shoulder and my cars are always in very good shape, garage kept, and I use it to apply a cleaning polish like Meg 205 or one step annually to clean the car up , and then apply a sealer like 303 graphene. It works perfect for that and allows my shoulder not to rotate too much. It is also a godsend when you’re laying down on your back doing rocker panels or low parts of the car and holding a tool outstretched in your hand, much better than a normal G9 or something like that. it should not be confused however with the Maguires hand cordless polisher‘s that are on Amazon for 50 or 60 bucks, it is much better than that. I use a black 5” pad and about five times a year. It’s been going strong for four years now. I also find that it works amazingly well with a wool hybrid 5 inch pad and Windex to completely clean the windshield bugs off my car every month or so.

If I really have any correction work to do whatsoever, I go to my griots HD orbital or my flex 3403.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered some. Well, and some other stuff too lol.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody tried 303 on the windshield? What does it look like after a couple weeks, using the wipers, been in the rain, etc…….does it smear?
    Glen -

Mike Phillips

Has anybody tried 303 on the windshield?

What does it look like after a couple weeks, using the wipers, been in the rain, etc…….does it smear?
    Not me.

My go-to is the PBL Surface Coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anybody tried 303 on the windshield? What does it look like after a couple weeks, using the wipers, been in the rain, etc…….does it smear?
    Not yet but I plan on using 303 and pinnacle glass coat on my shower glass this week to compare the two!! I currently use pinnacle on my car glass, works great!

Jay

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast