autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

I guess it all depends on where we apply this and what we combine it with etc. etc. I put on two coats of 3O3 back in January about a month apart, and then followed it up with two applications after a car wash over the months with Carpro elixr….And I literally can put the towel on the hood and with the slightest motion it will slide off the hood and fall off… I’m getting incredibly slickness, more so than other stuff I’ve used.

I wonder if it has to do with how we cure the 303, my 303 applications were about three weeks apart, and each application cured in my garage at 75° out of the sun. I also applied it in very thin coats,( 2 sprays per panel) with a cordless orbital and a wax black pad.

The only place I didn’t like the 3O3 was on my windshield, it just got “smeary “ after a few weeks from the wipers.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

I tried 303 on part of the SB Honda hood. Most certainly NOT recommended for use in the Mojave Desert if you leave the car outside, the dust sticks to it like poop to a blanket. Even after driving at freeway speeds.
    However, the paint of this car is completely trashed. The entire car was dusty, but not as dusty as the 303 part.

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-20210929-143151-jpg

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-20210929-143243-jpg

With that said, it did hose off easily enough (& no, I haven't done anything else to the rest of the hood, I guess you can tell)

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-20210929-143408-jpg
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

3. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post

The only place I didn’t like the 3O3 was on my windshield, it just got “smeary “ after a few weeks from the wipers.
    I don't have that issue, I put 2 coats on all the glass and it never smeared.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike.
    I've applied ceramic coatings for a number of yrs.
    My own rule is towels used to remove ceramic
    coatings are never allowed to touch paint again
    because the coating can harden on the towel
    fibers and possibly scratch the paint.

My question is do I need to follow this same
    policy when applying 303 nano spray graphene?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike is no longer here so I’ll give you my opinion after using it for close to a year, no , your towels are fine they just need to be washed right away because they darken in the towel. This is not a silica/ceramic coating in the true sense, that cures hard.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Mike !
    I have come to the conclusion that full on ceramic coating is no doubt the way to go for show cars and garage queens. But in the real world I experience such as driving a Range Rover to Maine from CT every week where it WILL encounter snow, dirt, sand, salt, have to deal with brushing off snow, sometimes ice being whacked to break free, yup...my paint is gonna get touched a lot. Oh and good luck washing it in 30 degree temps in a garage or if lucky outside where there is NO WAY you are going to have pristine mits etc . In conclusion, AT LEAST once a year paint correction WILL be needed so why waste money on a coating you will effectively prep off annually. Mike is spot on about coatings that last more than a year.
    I have been away for a while since I made my first dive into the 21st century world of detailing! The Blackfire SiO2 I have been using on my Alfa Romeo Stlevio has proved to be as durable as my standard bearer->Collinite 845. All I have used for paint correction is Blackfire AIO. Car still looks like new after a fresh detail and yes, it makes those winter trips as well, granted many less.

So my questiont to Mike is, which is better? The key to the Blackfire SiO2 is less is more, just like the Collinite yet the ease of application & removal is sinful. I just did a January wipe down after a lucky warm enough day for an outside wash after being in Maine for 2 weeks. THe Rangie has some detail marks from snow removal...shi!! happens, but looks damn sweet for January in CT!
    I have a gift certificate waiting to burn.
    I am intrigued in Tack systems Moonlight, Gyeon Q2 Can Coat, if they are worth the upgrade from the Blackfire SiO2 for my gnarly needs. It seems to be much less about the topcoat these day as even Turtle Wax and 303 are making out of the ballpark products.
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I’d recommend looking at Gyeon CanCoat Evo, which will be out soon. CanCoat was easily a 12 month coating (lite) with quick and easy application and the Evo version is much stronger. Economical, fast, with good durability. Blackfire SiO2 might last 4-6 months so it is up to you how often you want to put on protection as either option is good. Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 is another 4-6 month sealant that is very good, economical, and easy to apply.

Another option is CQuartz Lite as it is another coating lite but CanCoat is quicker and easier to apply. Apply and then immediately wipe off.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What are your thoughts on using 303 Graphene nano on single stage paint? Especially, old single stage paint that is in good shape, looks good and has had paint correction. It's 60 years old.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-20190106_184021-jpg   Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-graphite-4-13-15-4-1024x752-jpg  

10. Likes BadgerRivFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thelews View Post
    What are your thoughts on using 303 Graphene nano on single stage paint? Especially, old single stage paint that is in good shape, looks good and has had paint correction. It's 60 years old.
    303 Graphene is marketed as working over paints, sealants, coatings, etc. so single stage paint should work just fine.

But there are better sealants on the market, Griot-s 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax gets really good reviews but both of those products are in the 4-6 mo durability range.

If you want better durability, I’d recommend a lite coating such as CanCoat Evo or CQuartz Lite, which should last for a year. True coatings such as Pure Evo or Cquartz 3 will give closer to 2 years.

But it also depends on how much you drive and if this is stored in a garage. If stored in a garage and rarely driven, a coating lite product will likely last a couple years if not exposed to the elements.

12. Likes CleanIT, Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but can this be used on top of Xpel PPF and Ceramic coated cars?

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516