autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    So Mike, you did an all in one with a sealant-type protectant layer and then put the 303G over that without a panel wipe? Hmmm. Didn’t think you could/should do that.
    Mike probably has a good explanation, but so far I'm with you.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the great review as always. i want to try this on one my cars that sits outside the socal sun. sprinkler over sprays, bird droppings, and these mysterious "bee droppings" that's sprayed all over the paint and etches in it. the graphene sounds very promising and better than ceramic in my case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TiredOfPaintStains View Post
    thanks for the great review as always. i want to try this on one my cars that sits outside the socal sun. sprinkler over sprays, bird droppings, and these mysterious "bee droppings" that's sprayed all over the paint and etches in it. the graphene sounds very promising and better than ceramic in my case.
    Anti-Water spotting from a sprinkler is a lot to ask.

4. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So Mike, you did an all in one with a sealant-type protectant layer and then put the 303G over that without a panel wipe? Hmmm. Didn’t think you could/should do that.
    I got this from 303 products parent company's website FAQ on 303 graphene spray coating..

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-image-303-jpg

DO YOU NEED REMOVE ANY EXISTING COATINGS, WAXES, OR SEALANTS BEFORE APPLYING?

No, this is not necessary. 303® Graphene Nano Spray Coating™ can be safely layered on top of an existing coating and will not negatively affect the coating underneath it, it will only enhance it.

6. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes dgage, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    I got this from 303 products parent company's website FAQ on 303 graphene spray coating..

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-image-303-jpg

DO YOU NEED REMOVE ANY EXISTING COATINGS, WAXES, OR SEALANTS BEFORE APPLYING?

No, this is not necessary. 303® Graphene Nano Spray Coating™ can be safely layered on top of an existing coating and will not negatively affect the coating underneath it, it will only enhance it.
    Thanks for the info but this doesn’t make sense to me from a chemical standpoint. If you’re a jack of all trades, you’re a master of none. On a molecular level, how does a carbon/graphene coating strongly attach to a clearcoat, a waxed surface, a sealant surface, and a ceramic surface? At some point there’s going to be a product it doesn’t work as well with. And wow the testing that would be required to see what products it is compatible with and which ones it isn’t or at least doesn’t last as long over. I’m personally a little wary of such a claim but I’ll be interested to see what sort of longevity people get with it.

8. Likes glen e liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info but this doesn’t make sense to me from a chemical standpoint. If you’re a jack of all trades, you’re a master of none. On a molecular level, how does a carbon/graphene coating strongly attach to a clearcoat, a waxed surface, a sealant surface, and a ceramic surface? At some point there’s going to be a product it doesn’t work as well with. And wow the testing that would be required to see what products it is compatible with and which ones it isn’t or at least doesn’t last as long over. I’m personally a little wary of such a claim but I’ll be interested to see what sort of longevity people get with it.
    Excellent question.... I think there’s a real need for one type of polish or prep that would grab any of the LSP products; graphene, silica, polymer or whatever… Something that would totally prep the surface clearcoat to get it ready for the LSP. If that exists, please list here. Maybe something old school like Meg’s 205?

And I don’t see how any LSP can grab any new LSP, that is from a new family without sacrificing durability.
    Glen -

Mike Phillips

What if a person is less concerned about durability because they are a "Car Enthusiast" and don't try to squeak years out of any product before they do "something" again?

I'm the lazy detailer, I hate doing panel wipes. It not only takes time, it takes perfect towels and skill and technique. I could have used a dedicated polish but I wanted to test out the new formula for the Uber AIO and I was not let down. The lazy side of me LOVES the idea of using a product that corrects AND WIPES OFF EASY and leaves the paint protected SO - say I want to knock off and go home? If I stop at a dedicated polish and drive the car home the paint is unprotected. If I stop after using an AIO (before going to ANY other LSP, not just 303G), then at least the paint is sealed.

Besides that, I can't count how many times Ive told people on this forum, any other social media touch point, in my classes, in my books, all the videos I've made and on TV - that I'm a big fan of picking an established brand and then instead of ME trying to play the part of a chemist - trust the chemist behind the brand.

I've met and worked with David, he's super smart. I like smart chemists that share what they can with us. If David and 303 say you can apply this over whatever - then I trust them. For what it's worth, this product has a failr stout solvent smell to it. It's totally possible whatever the carrying agent it - it's stout enough to self-prime or self-etch the surface for the magic Voodoo Juice to do it's thing.

But most of all, we ALL have our own detailing styles. My wife's QX30 will NOT go an entire year before I do something to it again, perhaps it will be as simple as wash the car, clay if needed and then reapply the 303G

I'm super happy with the process I did, this is it,

Waterless wash with SONAX Glass Cleaner
    Clay with SONAX Glass Cleaner and Pinnacle ULTRA FINE Poly Clay
    Machine correct with Wolfgang Uber All-in-One
    Seal with 303G

Results look freaking incredible and the entire process was fast, easy and simple.

But I get it that some people have a more complicated style and like to play chemist. My first how-to article on this thing we call the Internet dates back to 1994. I can prove it. So there's really nothing new under the sun to me, including the topic of BONDING, (I have more articles on bonding than anyone I know), or any other topic we all collectively want to chase down a rabbit hole.

Heck, I'd recommend the AIO/303G process to anyone. It's up to you if you all if you want to adopt my glass cleaner PREP WASH process.

Bonding from 2005 - 16 years ago

The re-write from 2010 - 11 years ago as I type in the year 2020

11. Thanks KBsToy, Craig Encinitas, RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes Jayfro, KBsToy, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Simple process...

Incredible results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Thomkirby, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As an enthusiast I use what is simple to use and works and so far 303G is doing the job for me. I do not do each car panel with a different product, I leave that up to Loach / Waxmode

K.I.S.S. method
    or
    Find what you like and use it alot

Heard that somewhere before

15. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post

As an enthusiast I use what is simple to use and works and so far 303G is doing the job for me. I do not do each car panel with a different product, I leave that up to Loach / Waxmode

K.I.S.S. method
    or
    Find what you like and use it alot

Heard that somewhere before

Just for fun, I typed the quote below into Skynet

Find something you like and use it often

And it pulled up a review for Nextzett Cockpit Premium Interior Plastic Cleaner

AMAZON Customer Review

Here's the link to the original article and it actually means a lot to me having learned a very important lesson about products and people from the gentleman I learned the quoate from. Plus I found his business card, which to me also validates the story of when we we're both teaching classes for the Model A & T Club in Albany, Oregon.

Find something you like and use it often

17. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes KBsToy liked this post
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast