autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Actually Mike gave you two options, he waited to do the whole car, but if he said that you are not up for it strength wise, that you can do one panel at a time- apply then wipe , that certainly could be less than 15 minutes. (Post #2) I found that both the 303 and BF hazed very quickly, Like in five minutes
    Glen -

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Did you read my step three? The article says I waited 15 minutes. I probably actually waited about 20 , l as I had a phone call.
    I did read your step three.....was simply asking for a clarification.....thought perhaps I'd misunderstood

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Wow!

Thank you for your trust Jacob. I hope I don't let you down.

You won't let me down Mike! Everything I've learned from you and all of the tools and products you've recommended have been very helpful and instrumental in me performing my very best!

Thank you for taking the time to teach us about this amazing coating. I actually installed it on my Jeep without the clay step, but I did just as you did and coated the whole Jeep before wiping it off (this was before you put out the review or YouTube video). "A tick on the sticky side", is absolutely correct.

It will definitely be nice not to have to worry about running out of Sonax Glass Cleaner for a while!

I can't wait to try the Sonax The Beast Wheel Cleaner on these van wheels that I have coming up. I assume that since it is color changing that it has iron decontamination.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

Does he use it as a waterless wash or a prep wash?
    Both - I use the SONAX Glass Cleaner as a waterless PREP WASH.

I do NOT use SONAX Glass Cleaner as a waterless "maintenance" wash.

Huge difference in the condition of paint. There's the "before" condition versus the "after" condition.

Make sense? AFTER buffing out and detailing a car now I want to use a car wash for "gentle" cleaning, not a glass cleaner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post

This is what he did prior to prepping with Sonax:

"I washed and dried and then applied the new 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating on this streetrod. "

Correct. I wanted to remove as much as anything I could that may have been on the paint, glossing agents, old wax, whatever.

I would have clayed the paint and also used the SONAX glass cleaner for the clay lube but the paint passed the Baggie Test.

And by the way, the SONAX Glass Cleaner is very slippery.

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post

I think Mike said he did the whole car and then took his time getting back to wipe it off. So I think he was closer to 40 or even 60 minutes before he wiped it off. Definitely not like a normal ceramic coating. Mike said it was grabby and took some effort but wasn’t too bad.
    Correct.

Yancy and I were shooting b-roll video in-between working on this car so more time passed than normally if I didn't have other responsibilities that day. Busy buys ->

6. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add more content here,

I just spent about an hour putting 303 graphene on my scooter, it works great on all the plastic, carbon fiber, paint, and the plexiglass windshield, no spotting ,no streaking at all ,very easy ......

There are about three different types of plastic on this bike, some Matte, some textured, some smooth, it handled them all…bike looks great

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-82d6a126-54be-4759-8761-083dcb043de4-jpeg
    Glen -

8. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes dgage liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post

Just to add more content here,

I just spent about an hour putting 303 graphene on my scooter, it works great on all the plastic, carbon fiber, paint, and the plexiglass windshield, no spotting ,no streaking at all ,very easy ......

There are about three different types of plastic on this bike, some Matte, some textured, some smooth,

it handled them all…bike looks great

Very interesting.

When I applied this to the Toyota RAV4 I remember getting some on the pebble textured plastic trim. I did wipe if off and so far I've seen no staining?

I'm not sure if it's is safe or recommended to put the 303G onto pebble textured plastic trim? I can check.

Here's the full size of your scooter - looks great!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don’t really have any big pebble textured plastic on the bike, it is more of a matte/textured plastic underneath the tail light, and the graphene went on slightly oily, did not really Haze over but wiped off extremely clean. The biggest thing I saw that I was very happy with was how the graphene handled the plexiglass windshield, which means that for many cars, it will play well with the plastic headlights cover that are on most cars now.
    Glen -

Mike Phillips

Update...

Did the paint correction using the new formula Wolfgang Uber All-in-One and then applied the 303G

Very glassy, very glossy. I like the one-step application - no panel wipe.

12. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here in the Burg we're having a good old snow storm . Wife drove her rogue home from work parked in the driveway, I waited a bit and most of the snow that was on her car had rolled off
    2 coats of 303G on it .

14. Likes Jayfro, dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Update...

Did the paint correction using the new formula Wolfgang Uber All-in-One and then applied the 303G

Very glassy, very glossy. I like the one-step application - no panel wipe.

So Mike, you did an all in one with a sealant-type protectant layer and then put the 303G over that without a panel wipe? Hmmm. Didn’t think you could/should do that.

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast