autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post

Hey Mike,

What process did you use to select the Miracle Towels for buffing the product off?
    Before I could use the 303 Graphene Nano Coating I had to first wash the car to get it clean. As a "Best Practice" and also a professional courtesy to the owners of cars like these, I don't normally wash them with running water. The reason why it to avoid introducing water (running water from a hose), to cars like these to avoid causing rust in the places you cannot get to and dry. So I do a waterless or rinseless wash. For this car I did a waterless wash and I placed an order for 6 Miracle Towels. I used 4 towels for the waterless wash. This left me with 2 clean towels. So I used this to wipe-off the Graphene coating and I thought they worked really well. I normally don't use these towels because they are only availalbe in a rectangular shape and I like square towels. Dumb reason probably but that's how my brain works.

When you fold a rectangular towel 4-ways you end up with a rectangular towel that's larger than your hand. When your fold a square towel 4 ways you end up with a square towel that fits your hand. I've shared this on the forum before but here it is again. While still at Meguiar's, when they launced their Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel, which is a rectangular towel, I asked,

Why a rectangle?

The answer was to be different. Ugh...

Here's the deal, 16" by 16" square towels, when folded 4 ways gives you a folded towel that is 8" by 8" and it FITS YOUR HAND for wiping. When detailing a car - you do a LOT of wiping. So over the decades I find I much prefer square towels for all the thousands of cars I've wiped. Rectangle towels? They perform just as well as the shape has nothing to do with performance - it's just about how they fit a human hand. Also - in our storage cabinets, we have hundreds of towels and PILES or STACKS of square towels store better than piles or stacks of rectangular towels.

I chose the Cobra Forest Green Edgeless Polishing Cloth as my towel of choice to remove the coating.

Whenever I get the Miracle Towels it will definitely be easier to identify which ones are for removing the coating for sure.

Normally my own preference for any microfiber "tool" is a flat weave as a flat weave is much more resistant to becoming contaminated over time. It's really that simple.

Here's the deal - as long as a person keeps their towels off the ground, where they tend to become contaminated, then ANY towels is fine. The problem is - most people will tend to drop a towel onto the ground once in a while and any towel with a fluffy nap will tend to become contaminated. So flat weave is just a dumbed-down, safer option - over time.

2. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN, RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post

Mike.....question for you....those beads that are in some of the pictures....did they disappear eventually prior to wipe off....or just kind of solidify?

They solidify or dry. Not an issue - everything wipes off.

Post Thanks / Like

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    ...the paint on this car is on the medium/soft side, thus claying tends to mar the paint. I have not decided what I"m going to polish with yet so stay tuned.

The lazy Mike Phillips wants to use BLACKFIRE One Step. The less lazy Mike Phillips wants to use Z1.
    Mike, I request that you use the Z1. I had a bear of a time buffing it off on soft-medium paint. Also, I know the way you polish a car is different than my technique, and I’m curious what your experience will be on similar paint.

Thanks!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post

Mike, I request that you use the Z1. I had a bear of a time buffing it off on soft-medium paint. Also, I know the way you polish a car is different than my technique, and I’m curious what your experience will be on similar paint.

Thanks!

No promises - have to see how the day progresses...

6. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Not sure why or how, but while our car was at the dealership all the Piano Plastic on the top of the center console, surrounding the shifter, was all scratched-up. (I have pictures)

Here's me with my Angry Nano doing the finishing step to the plastic.

What did you use with the Nano?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post

What did you use with the Nano?

BF One Step. Worked like a charm. I have plenty of before and after pictures.

9. Thanks MisterSnoop thanked for this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BOOM!!! Reccomended items purchased!!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

BOOM!!! Reccomended items purchased!!!

All good stuff.....especially the Lilly Brush

12. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My question is does the black color get wiped away or does it stay on the surface of the paint? I'm just not quite sure about a black film on a high gloss painted surface.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    My question is does the black color get wiped away or does it stay on the surface of the paint? I'm just not quite sure about a black film on a high gloss painted surface.
    I was concerned about a darkening effect from the graphene. When I applied it to our (light metallic blue) Yukon, I did one door, and then backed it out of the garage into the sun to compare the two doors side by side. Did not notice any difference, as far as one looking darker than the other, that is. I did notice black residue on the towels at wipe off, if that means anything.

As a side note....303 need to improve their sprayers. Not only does mine leak, but you notice uneven droplets when sprayed onto a blue microfiber applicator pad. I expect the disparity in the droplet sizes is minimized as you spread the product across the panel, but I saw it on almost every spray, and it is disconcerting.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast