autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post

It was and to this day working perfectly through multiple storms and going strong.

Owner is happy and for this test using it on the chrome wheels as well. All good

Thanks for sharing Kirby.

Trucks like these have a LOT of real-estate. I guess that's why I kind of don't like doing multiple-step paint correction work to these types of vehicles or as I like to refer to them,

Texas Cadillacs.

I'll be talking about 303 Graphene and Texas Cadillacs in tomorrow's LIVE Detailing Class at 3:00pm Eastern time.

2. Likes goldendodo19 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike.....question for you....those beads that are in some of the pictures....did they disappear eventually prior to wipe off....or just kind of solidify?

4. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ewiesner View Post
    Can the microfiber towels be washed afterwards? How about the applicator?
    I had No issues with the towels or the applicators after washing. As a best practice for me, I always have a bucket of cleaning solution near by to throw towels in to soak as I switch to a new towel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Did you notice the product darkening the paint any?

I noticed in the pictures of the liquid itself and the flashing/sweating pictures, the product is gray/black in color. I've started to see how some products which have a darkening effect may look really glossy, but they also tend to mute metallic flake. It's all very slight, but I have noticed it.
    To be honest... I didn't notice the sweating. I applied the 303 on to one panel and moved on to the next. By the 3rd panel, I saw the light white haze on the first panel. I do think the cure time is dependent on temp and moisture so your mileage may vary as they say.

I am not sure of any darkening effect 303 may have on the paint but I did see more of the metallic flakes that I didnt noticed prior. However, the gloss was immediately noticeable.

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-2-attach0-3-jpg

7. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Mike.....question for you....those beads that are in some of the pictures....did they disappear eventually prior to wipe off....or just kind of solidify?
    I don't think they dissappear. From what I can recall. I've used it on my Jeep and a Durango and it seems like they don't disappear prior to wipe off but when you wipe the product off it does disappear.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

9. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike (et al.)- on a new car, what would you recommend as a finishing/prep polish first? Not looking for brand name but a type: conventional SMAT polish, or a si02 infused polish? (I have both on the shelf)...

Another more succinct way to ask: – does this stuff play well with Si02 products?

Thanks!
    Glen -

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Mike (et al.)- on a new car, what would you recommend as a finishing/prep polish first? Not looking for brand name but a type: conventional SMAT polish, or a si02 infused polish? (I have both on the shelf)...

Another more succinct way to ask: – does this stuff play well with Si02 products?

Thanks!
    I'll piggy back on Glen's question since I have multiple vehicles, some with ceramic coating and siO2 spray finishes, some with just the siO2 spray finishes, so I'm also curious if I can just do a wash, clay and spray with the graphene.

Second question, and I know YMMV, but how much of the bottle was used on the Orange sample car? Just trying to get a ballpark so I can estimate how many bottles I may need to do a few of my different vehicles.

Thanks...Tim

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike,

What process did you use to select the Miracle Towels for buffing the product off?

I chose the Cobra Forest Green Edgeless Polishing Cloth as my towel of choice to remove the coating.

Whenever I get the Miracle Towels it will definitely be easier to identify which ones are for removing the coating for sure.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Here's LIVE Detailing Class video showing this new product.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post

Thanks!

The Chemist, David Gutierrez said you can apply it over anything as long as the surface is clean.

I'd say use whatever your favorite or go-to polish is to first prep the paint. Both cars I've detailed I did zero machine polishing.

I have to machine polish my own car tomorrow because I'm going to clay the paint and from memory, the paint on this car is on the medium/soft side, thus claying tends to mar the paint. I have not decided what I"m going to polish with yet so stay tuned.

The lazy Mike Phillips wants to use BLACKFIRE One Step. The less lazy Mike Phillips wants to use Z1.

Maybe coffee will be the deciding factor.

We just got our QX30 back from the dealership after being there for 2 months for repair. I'm happy to say we asked them to NOT wash it and they complied. Problem is - the paint no longer passes the Baggie Test and there are water spots on all the body panels. I washed it over the weekend and tomorrow I'll start by claying and then move forward.

Looks good in the picture above and in person but fails the baggie test and under close inspection you can see water spots all over the car.

Not sure why or how, but while our car was at the dealership all the Piano Plastic on the top of the center console, surrounding the shifter, was all scratched-up. (I have pictures)

Here's me with my Angry Nano doing the finishing step to the plastic.

15. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast