autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I think the "thicker" feel is due to the rubbery, non-slick characteristic... It's not really all that weird - I know exactly what you're talking about. Either that or you and me are both weird LOL.
    I'm definitely weird. It's one of my most redeeming qualities.

Here's where I'm confused now:
    This 303 is supposed to be the dogs danglies when it comes to keeping a vehicle clean.. but they say it can be topped by other products... which would surely be less effective at keeping it clean.. but I like the slickness of the Megs hybrid ceramic wax... so the paintwork would be slicker... but get dirtier?

Incidentally I came across this YT video about graphene in construction a couple of days ago. No more rebar to rust out in concrete! (hoping this doesn't derail the thread...)
    Construction's Graphene Revolution Has (Finally) Begun - YouTube
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX61 View Post
    Incidentally I came across this YT video about graphene in construction a couple of days ago. No more rebar to rust out in concrete! (hoping this doesn't derail the thread...)
    Construction's Graphene Revolution Has (Finally) Begun - YouTube
    Pozzolans such as fly ash and volcanic ash have been added to concrete since the Roman times and this contributed to why Roman concrete was so good and could even cure under water. The mention of “Rebar” Graphene also mentioned nanotubes and described many characteristics of pozzolans such as reducing cracking so I think it is more of a new age pozzolan as opposed to truly replacing rebar in concrete. I learned about this when I did my kitchen countertops in concrete. Turned out awesome.

3. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Topped it with the Megs HCW today, very slick again... but now I have no idea what the 303 Graphene stuff is doing.. if anything? Can't see any reason to use the rest of it.
    Those who possess real knowledge are rare. Those who can set that knowledge into motion in the physical world are rarer still. The few who possess real knowledge and can set it into motion of their own hands are the rarest of all.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I believe itís still a good base. Iíve got mine topped with flex wax so Iím in the same boat. But, I did have just 303 on it when I went on a weekend trip and the car sat under a tree during a ton of rain, and endured crummy conditions overall. I expected water spots and general messing up of the lsp, but nothing. It washed right up.

i thought about polishing it off and putting the hybrid solutions spray back on, but I may just throw another coat of 303 on it before winter. Itís so easy and while it may not be slick, there are tons of toppers you can use to bring up the slickness.

6. Thanks ZRX61, walt thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it 303 is one of the better graphene products?
    2018 Colorado ZR2
    http://www.autogeek.net/

Post Thanks / Like

Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-bd7f5f91-97f1-448b-a016-e22c524144ef-jpg

I think it’s a great base. I don’t like how oily it is going on, how it messes with your applicator and towels a bit and make them black, but I think it protects well. I put a layer on a virgin car in January with no polishing, and followed it up in March with another layer. Then twice since then I have quickly wiped the car down with some carpro elixir as a topper and the car still looks like it’s got a sheet of glass on it. It handles bugs and dirt very well, completely slides off , and a trip from Florida to Philadelphia and back did nothing to abraid it, a quick touchless wash when I got home and it’s back to looking car show ready. Non-car people comment all the time to me what a great shine it is. kudos to BMW for a really great multiple application of clearcoat with no orange peel too!
    Glen
    21 BMW X2 M35i

(old and highly opinionated)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Review: 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating-bd7f5f91-97f1-448b-a016-e22c524144ef-jpg

I think it’s a great base. I don’t like how oily it is going on, how it messes with your applicator and towels a bit and make them black, but I think it protects well. I put a layer on a virgin car in January with no polishing, and followed it up in March with another layer. Then twice since then I have quickly wiped the car down with some carpro elixir as a topper and the car still looks like it’s got a sheet of glass on it. It handles bugs and dirt very well, completely slides off , and a trip from Florida to Philadelphia and back did nothing to abraid it, a quick touchless wash when I got home and it’s back to looking car show ready. Non-car people comment all the time to me what a great shine it is. kudos to BMW for a really great multiple application of clearcoat with no orange peel too!

Haven’t had mine on as long, but I concur overall. The nice thing is, it seems you can top with just about anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post

When did BMW start selling cars without orange peel in the finish?

Post Thanks / Like

Got a pic of the bike outside yesterday. Probably should have put some more thought into where it was parked... two coats of 303 & only topped with the Megs HCW stuff on the tank & ducktail.

22yo paint, 120,000 miles, only been washed with soap & water a couple of times.

This was last month, before 303

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415