autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Removing Swirls in 1 Step - Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 1957 Chevy Pickup Streetrod

Removing Swirls in 1 Step - Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 1957 Chevy Pickup Streetrod

Pickup by Chevrolet - Shine by Pinnacle Jeweling Wax!

What is it?
    This is an AIO or all-in-one product for restoring neglected paint that uses super high quality abrasive technology for the correction work while leaving behind Carnauba wax protection.

What does it do?

Removes swirls, scratches, water spots and oxidation while jeweling the paint to a super high liquid wet gloss finish that's protected with Carnauba wax.

When do I use it?

Anytime you want to restore a show car finish to neglected paint in one step or as a maintenance polish/wax for paint in excellent condition.

Why should I use it?

To give your car that a finish that looks dripping wet, like it just popped out of the paint booth with a brand new custom show car paint job.

Numbers Matching - Resto-Rod 1957 Chevy Stepside Short Box Pickup Truck

Here's how the 1957 Chevy 31000 looked when it first arrived - not bad under normal florescent lights?

Here's how she really looks using the Speed Master Swirl Finder Light to light-up and reveal the true condition of the paint.

Not Swirls but Holograms

These are not the normal type of swirls instilled by tatty wash mitts and towels wiping the paint over time, the wispy 3 dimensional lines you see are the tale-tale signs of HOLOGRAMS. This means at some point in time, this truck was buffed out with a rotary buffer and probably a lambswool buffing pad.

Test Spot

The goal was to remove the holograms and restore a true swirl-free, show car finish in ONE STEP.
    To do this I will test the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax with the RUPES Yellow CP pad on a FLEX Supa BEAST.

Here's BEFORE shots...

Here's the AFTER shots...

This is after doing the standard protocol 8 section passes on speed 6 with firm pressure to start with and reducing pressure for the last pass or two

Here's the final results - ONE PRODUCT and Show Car Results!

Tools, pads and products used

Here's everything I used to including the Storm Grey Edgeless Microfiber Towels - about 2 dozen of them

The FLEX Supa BEAST
    8 RUPES Yellow CP Foam Polishing Pads
    1 RUPES Blue CP Foam Cutting pad - this was for the deeper scratches in the hood and passenger side fender
    FLEX PiXiE or PXE80 Micro Polisher
    1 Buff & Shine 3" White Foam Finishing Pad - 2-pack
    1 Pinnacle Yellow Foam Applicator Pad - this was for working by hand for the intricate and tight areas

And of course, the jeweling wax...

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 16 ounce - $45.99

Also available by the gallon and when you buy in bulk you over 50% versus purchasing 16 ounce bottles.

Pinnacle Souveran Jeweling Wax 128 oz. $ 159.99

If you look carefully,

The bottle of Jeweling Wax is out-of-focus because the amazing gloss, shine and liquid wet dripping results are IN FOCUS!

2. Likes ollever, Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - Swirls Gone in 1 Step

Continued....

Few more pictures with comments...

Autogeek Cover-Up Towels

This truck has a beautiful oak wood bed in it and to avoid walking on the wood and potentially scuffing it or scratching it I laid down 4 Autogeek Cover-Up Towels. I show these in a lot of my car detailing projects because they come in so handy to protect and cover things up. You could use paper or plastic in some cases but these are SOFT microfiber so they won't scratch and their ECO-FRIENDLY because you can wash and dry them and use them over and over again. Get you some.

Starting at the top and working down
    After placing the cover-up towels in the bed to protect the beautiful wood, time to get to work.

Zero Pad Stalling when buffing on EDGE

One reason I like the 8mm gear-driven FLEX Supa BEAST is because it's gear-driven there is ZERO pad stalling. This enables me to go up on edge to buff into the indented areas for the CHEVROLET letters stamped into the tailgate.

Both sides of the tail gate also had swirl, scuffs and scratches...

Now that's so much better....

Swirl-free, super high gloss finish

Numbers Matching

This truck spent most of it's life, actually all of it's working life as a Farm Truck. It was restored and still has the original engine, automatic transmission and running gear.

The original engine was dressed up and the truck has a brand new modern coil spring front suspension giving it a smooth handling ride.

This is the factory stock interior, steering wheel and gauges. Aftermarket air-conditioning has been added to keep you cool on hot days.

The truck sports Chevrolet Rally Wheels with beauty rings and color-matched wheels.

Self-portrait shot...

Now that the paint has undergone an thorough paint correction the finish is as nice as the truck.

4. Likes Diner liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Final comments....

I've used this product on a number of cars now and it never fails to delivers the results you see above. It cuts exceptional well. Polishes any type of paint to a super high gloss. The abrasive technology is Top Shelf - there simply is never any micro-marring issues with this product even on soft paint. The gloss it leaves behind is insane.

Here are some other examples of cars I've detailed using the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax

Review: Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - 2014 Maserati GT Sport detailed by Mike Phillips

Short video from the Maserati detail above.

Mike Phillips

More...

Here's another old 2-door Chevy I detailed with Pinnacle Jeweling Wax. Funny story about this detail, I was asked numerous times,

What ceramic coating did you use?

The answer? I didn't use a ceramic coating - I used a one-step cleaner/wax

Review: RUPES Mark III BigFoot 21 Polisher by Mike Phillips

Here's what I used...

Mike Phillips

Mike Phillips

Here's another....

Original Paint Restoration - 1970 Bronze Metallic Corvette - Pinnacle Jeweling Wax- Porter Cable

This is an all-original 1970 Corvette with the factory original single stage Corvette Bronze Metallic paint.

KISS = Keep it Simple Simon

The paint is in remarkably good condition considering the age but there is some room for increased gloss, clarity and shine by using a SAFE one-step cleaner/wax with some very soft foam finishing pads on a simple 8mm free spinning random orbital polisher.

AFTER

9. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Here's another old 2-door Detroit Iron transportation ride...

Speed Master Work Inspection Light

Here's what I used on this incredibly cool and iconic muscle car from Detroit.

Final results....

Pinnacle Jeweling Wax - super easy to use but always flawless show car results.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful cars Mike. That Chevy truck is a very nice restoration. Love the color and the shine as well

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post

Beautiful cars Mike.
    Well.... all but the blue car.

That Chevy truck is a very nice restoration.
    It's an incredibly nice build, nice driver too. I buzzed it around the building a couple times when moving it's position in the garage for photos and steering, brakes, shifting, ride, everything is simply nice. I think it's going up for sale for around $75,000.00 - I could be off but I think that's what the owner told me.

Love the color and the shine as well
    The color really works for this truck and it's easy on the eyes. I can't beleive I didn't get a picture of the oak wood bed after I finished buffing out the inside of the bed and then removing the cover-up towels. If I see the truck again I'll get the picture and share it.

The owner does frequent local car shows so I'm sure I'll see it again.

Thanks for commenting.

Post Thanks / Like

And let us not gloss (pun intended) over that 440 Magnum piece of Mopar muscle.............
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast