autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Now available - Dr. Beasley's Z1 Ceramic AIO Primer

How many cars could one bottle do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

My only issue with the products has nothing to do with the product, or packaging. It's the naming.

Like a lot of car models on the road today, they've gone to a letter/number scheme which has no meaning. Maybe I'm simply in too much of a rush these days, but having to read an entire product description to figure out what it does is frustrating. I like names like Coating AIO and Primer, Finishing Polish, Medium Cut Polish, Cutting Compound etc. When looking at a listing of products from a brand I'm not familiar with, it allows me to find their version of the product I'm looking for much easier.

All that griping aside, the idea of an entire primer-based polishing line is a great idea. The AIO, if it lives up to durability claims, is even better and has my attention since I'm about to use up many of my current products and start to look at something new.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

3. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post

So they have four different primers.
    As a novice, how would I choose which one to buy?

The below is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post

Me...Keep it the way it is...

Z1 is Ceramic AIO.

150/95/45 are the correcting primers.

You can think of the NSP 150, 95 and 45 as compounds and polishes. Because the abrasive technology is so different (and advanced), Jim decided not to market, identify or equate them to traditional compounds polishes.

You can think of them like this,

NSP 150 = Compound

NSP 95 = Medium Cut Polish

NSP 45 = Fine Cut Polish

And NSP Z1 is an all-in-one or what I like to call, Ceramic AIO - easy to say, share, type, remember and most important, easy for most people to wrap their brain around.

5. Thanks Craig Encinitas, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas, RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As for all new things---it takes a bit of time to digest new things, new concepts and information.

Give it bit time---it'll be very clear and simple!

I find very easy to follow and understand now and I like it a lot too!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

7. Thanks Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post

So they have four different primers.

As a novice, how would I choose which one to buy?
    In post number #13 I've done my best to catagorize each of the products.

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post

I agree it needs an AIO type designation. I think for the average enthusiast, they would overlook the the line entirely due to the primer designation. That term has no meaning for the average person.

And this is the tricky part about marketing. Picking and choosing names that the average person can recognize, wrap their brain around and then make a decision. In the retail world I've been told you have SECONDS for the name of your product to CONNECT with the person looking to make a purchase. Like 3 to 5 seconds.

This is why when Meguair's launched NXT Tech Wax, even though it is a synthetic sealant, they know they have seconds for the person standing in the isle of a car parts store, looking at the hundreds of products screaming "Buy Me", they had SECONDS for this person to SCAN the shelves and locate what they want to buy.

The average person, (not we the hardcore enthusiasts hanging out on car detailing forums), is looking for two things,

1. Car Wash Soap
    2. Car Wax

If your product has anything more complicated then the above SIMPLE to understand words - you can still get the sale - but now you're making your customer WORK at buying your product. Thus instead of calling the new synthetic product NXT Synthetic Paint Sealant, marketing opted to use the word wax and that's the history behind the naming of NXT Tech Wax. (I wrote the concept paper for this product so I know).

That said, when you have a GREAT product, no matter what you name it, once you get word-of-mouth advertising working for your product/brand, then retail marketing practices go out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

My only issue with the products has nothing to do with the product, or packaging. It's the naming.

Like a lot of car models on the road today, they've gone to a letter/number scheme which has no meaning. Maybe I'm simply in too much of a rush these days, but having to read an entire product description to figure out what it does is frustrating. I like names like Coating AIO and Primer, Finishing Polish, Medium Cut Polish, Cutting Compound etc. When looking at a listing of products from a brand I'm not familiar with, it allows me to find their version of the product I'm looking for much easier.

All that griping aside, the idea of an entire primer-based polishing line is a great idea. The AIO, if it lives up to durability claims, is even better and has my attention since I'm about to use up many of my current products and start to look at something new.

I'm with you. And I feel passionately enough about this issue that I'm going to do my best to help out. Starting with this rough-draft article.

Detailing Terminology - Compounds Polishes Glazes Primers AIOs Paint Cleaners Coarse Ultra Fine

9. Likes gorillapr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now available - Dr. Beasley's Z1 Ceramic AIO Primer

How long after applying the Z1 would you wait to install a ceramic coating?

Sorry if this answer was given, I couldn’t find it. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

So NSP 45/95/150 are ‘primers’ only in that they leave nothing behind (i.e. polishing oils). So someone could theoretically coat after using any of these since it would be bare paint theoretically? And none of them except Z1 leave an actual ceramic protection behind.

This confused me at first because NSP 45 description states it “leaves a layer of adhesion”, but unless it’s leave some kind of Essence-like ceramic anchor points, then I don’t understand how... and continues on to state that it’s body shop safe... so hence I assume it actually leaves nothing behind except a polished, non-oily, non-silicone, non-anything surface??

Am I there, or square?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    So NSP 45/95/150 are ‘primers’ only in that they leave nothing behind (i.e. polishing oils). So someone could theoretically coat after using any of these since it would be bare paint theoretically? And none of them except Z1 leave an actual ceramic protection behind.

This confused me at first because NSP 45 description states it “leaves a layer of adhesion”, but unless it’s leave some kind of Essence-like ceramic anchor points, then I don’t understand how... and continues on to state that it’s body shop safe... so hence I assume it actually leaves nothing behind except a polished, non-oily, non-silicone, non-anything surface??

Am I there, or square?
    My understanding was the 45/95/150 are essence like as I believe you can coat right after they just have different levels of cut. The Z1 is a Ceramic AIO that leaves protection.

From Dr. Beasley’s website:

“NANO SURFACE PRIMERS are a 3-product system of fully inorganic paintwork correction solutions, specifically engineered to prime for ceramic nanocoating application. This system corrects defects, builds a thick coating foundation and lays down adhesion points for bonding.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you are wanting to apply a coating over this then best answer is to call the Dr.Beasley's support number. I called them and they answered a similar question promptly. I looked on their website and nothing was stated (for a second coating product) as the Z1-coating is good for up to a year with a quarterly maintenance.

If you do plan to add a coating I would use the NSP-45 and coat afterwards. We used both products in the class and went straight from 45-to-Resin Coatings. Using the Z1 is a fast way to NOT have to spend time doing the coating step for production (Quick) results.

Post Thanks / Like

Nano Surface Primer

Nano Surface Primer

Primer: “A precursor for a stronger protectant.”

Z1 is an AIO with more coating ingredients? Where as 150/95/45 have specific size polishing molecules. (?)

I’ve gone crosseyed.
    Best just to buy one of each.

16. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast