autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 53410

Real nice just spray and dry. Ammo’s drying aid my favorite has a better towel feel but not as economical. This is as good orbetter than any topper or detail spray i’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do you use this on a coating? I still have 2 bottles of seal and shine. I use it on friends/family cars as some quick protection but not on any of mine. Haven’t tried any in the hybrid solutions line though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rand0m View Post
    Do you use this on a coating? I still have 2 bottles of seal and shine. I use it on friends/family cars as some quick protection but not on any of mine. Haven’t tried any in the hybrid solutions line though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    It’s made to go with their HS spray coating but i use it on my CqUk3 with no problems. Can use on non coated cars too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot I had some testing pictures from when I first got to try the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash! I wanted to see what kind of standalone protection the Uber SiO2 Rinseless could really add! I was quite amazed!

Since I had to test another top secret coating , I did both at the same time on a Kia Soul hood. The testing was done on a fully prepped hood - washed, clayed, compounded, polished, and paint prepped.

The new prototype coating exceeded my expectations to say the least! More to come on this in the future!

Autogeek R&D
    andre@autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody compare this as a QD vs ECH2O???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review Mike! Tried this out today and was happy with the results. Felt a bit more slick than the regular Uber Rinseless (my current go-to rinseless), and left a nice shine. I did find it a bit streaky in some spots (which seems to happen with SiO2 products), but that’s on my dark grey car that lives outside all day in the California sun, so things tend to streak on it generally.

I will say, per use it’s quite a bit more expensive (relatively) than the plain Uber rinseless, mostly due to the different dilution ratio. If this costs about 25 % more per 16oz than Uber, and you cut 1.5 ounces of this per 3 gallons of water (whereas regular Uber is only 1 ounce), then this equates to roughly 88 % higher cost per wash. Do you know how set that 1.5oz / gal dilution ratio is, or can you dilute it a bit further? Granted, a 1:256 dilution ratio is pretty standard for a rinseless wash, so maybe it’s just that the regular Uber is extra concentrated / can be diluted more than most other rinseless options.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless over Gyeon CanCoat applied 2 months ago. It started raining as I was going to go pickup some food. Thought it beaded very nicely so I had to take a picture.

Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash-702238d8-bda4-4c7f-abf3-3db14e1bf6aa-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash-1610f59a-2bd1-4f15-bd1b-4a5011142a19-jpeg  

7. Thanks Craig Encinitas, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes goldendodo19, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great reviews. I’ve got some on the way.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed a bird bomb on my car Friday night and I meant to go back out and take care of it but forgot. It was raining Saturday morning so I went to clean off the bird dropping and it was nowhere to be found. The rain had completely removed the bird dropping but I sprayed some waterless wash and wiped the area anyway. I really like the slickness of the Wolfgang SiO2 Uber Rinseless (over Gyeon CanCoat 2 mo. ago).

10. Thanks Craig Encinitas, Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just finishing up my gallon of WG-1702 SiO2 Waterless Wash and was about to order some more, now this new WG-1650 Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash looks pretty good too.

The way I use the product is after either my wife's car or my pickup goes through an auto car wash I mist and wipe the clean, dry car down with the waterless wash this happen every 3 or 4 weeks in the summer. This is keeping the vehicles looking good.

So am I better served with buying more SiO2 Waterless Wash or getting some Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash mixing it up in the old gallon jug and using it just like I've been using the waterless wash?

Thank you I appreciate your insights

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by garyods View Post

So am I better served with buying more SiO2 Waterless Wash or getting some Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash mixing it up in the old gallon jug and using it just like I've been using the waterless wash?

The latter portion of your above sentence. Get the concentrate - dilute for your purpose.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast