autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I never thought about but since your post - and now thinking of a 32 ounce bottle that the human hand could hold and squeeze - a person might have to be the Hulk to do it. The green Hulk, not the wrestling Hulk, even though the wrestling Hulk could probably do it.
    I have two 32oz measuring bottles from non-AG brands (one of them is a comparable product from your old buddies down the road). They actually make the bottle just about as thin and squeezing into the chamber isn’t bad. Or I’m reallly really strong. I’ll take the latter for a confidence boost. Either way these bottles (16oz or 32oz) are awesome.

I really like these SiO2 RW/WWs and look forward to trying this product.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post

Wow...since using the Wolfgang Sio2 wash I’ve been hoping for a rinseless wash would come out soon!

I’m actually getting low on my WG Uber RW so this comes at a perfect time and I’ll be ordering in the next week or two!

Jay

Thanks for sharing this Jay.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

I really like these SiO2 RW/WWs and look forward to trying this product.

Yesterday we shot a video with Mike Stoops from Meguiar's showcasing their new products. The video will be released on Thursday I think. In the video, behind me is Yancy's Dodge Charger. We're not working on it or anything like that, it's just for eye candy.

Before shooting the video, I let Yancy know I had some of the new Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash already mixed up with a dozen towels in the solution - ready to use. Because his car was dirty and you don't want a dirty car for eye candy, he used the new SiO2 Rinseless Wash to wash his car.

When I came into work this morning - I took these pictures - the car is exactly what you want and expect - clean and shiny.

It's difficult to get great shots of cars in the parking spaces in front of the garage because the Palm Trees cast shade and shadows onto the cars parked out front. (I take a lot of pictures of cars in these spaces during my car detailing classes)

Love the trees but damn they ruin a lot of great shots...

I followed-up and asked him what he thought of the product as this was his first time using it. He said,

Worked great! Nice product.

If I have a maintenance wash to do in the future and I want to use a rinseless wash - this is the one I'll use.

4. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike and others,

I typically keep a five gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid filled with four gallons(+/-) of distilled water and WG Uber solution with my towels soaking in the garage so I can do quick maintenance washes on the fly, will there be any issues doing the same with the new WG Sio2 rinseless wash solution?

Thank you
    JF

Mike Phillips

Mike and others,

I typically keep a five gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid filled with four gallons(+/-) of distilled water and WG Uber solution with my towels soaking in the garage so I can do quick maintenance washes on the fly, will there be any issues doing the same with the new WG Sio2 rinseless wash solution?

Thank you
    JF

Great question. I'll send the link to this to Andre as historically I never get any deep info.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike and others,

Thank you
    JF
    As long as bucket is sealed no issues
    Autogeek R&D
    andre@autogeek.net

8. Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

So would the dilution to use as a detail spray be .75 ounces for a 32 ounce bottle? My math may be incorrect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bode04 View Post
    So would the dilution to use as a detail spray be .75 ounces for a 32 ounce bottle? My math may be incorrect.
    Your math is correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thomkirby View Post
    Hey Mike,

Watched the video and of course read the reviews.

So I ask if this works to add a 'touch' of SiO2 would this be a good drying aid?

If that works safely then it would be a good final wipe down over an existing coating.

I did find this in the product details (helps to keep on digging)

Perfect for maintenance, Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash can be used to keep your ceramic coated surfaces looking good as new. Plus, when diluted correctly, Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash can also be used as a waterless wash, a detail spray, a clay lubricant, and a car wash additive!

To make it waterless wash, at 1/3 ounce to 16 ounces of water.

For a clay lubricant, add 1 ounce to a gallon of water.

If you want to make it a detail spray, add 3 ounces to a gallon of water.

And finally, if you want to add lubricity to another car wash, add ½ ounce to another soap. It’s basically a 5-in-1 product!

Original Uber rinseless seems to be a bit smeary as a detail spray/drying aid on my coating. The stuff is really lubricating and slick though and I mainly used it for touch ups and bird bombs. Will have to pick up this sio2 version to play with. It'd be nice to find an economical drying aid for a coating that I don't have to pay too much attention to remove/buff out like coating toppers.

12. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rand0m View Post
    Original Uber rinseless seems to be a bit smeary as a detail spray/drying aid on my coating. The stuff is really lubricating and slick though and I mainly used it for touch ups and bird bombs. Will have to pick up this sio2 version to play with. It'd be nice to find an economical drying aid for a coating that I don't have to pay too much attention to remove/buff out like coating toppers.
    Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Wet Wax - 53410

Real nice just spray and dry. Ammo’s drying aid my favorite has a better towel feel but not as economical. This is as good orbetter than any topper or detail spray i’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast