Review: Pinnacle Black Label Suede-Soft Alcantara Cleaner & Pinnacle Black Label Suede-Soft Alcantara Protectant

Pinnacle Black Label Suede-Soft Alcantara Cleaner & Pinnacle Black Label Suede-Soft Alcantara Protectant

From the manufacturer

Pinnacle Black Label Suede-Soft Alcantara Cleaner
  • Gently cleans micro-suede and Alcantara surfaces.
  • Rejuvenates soiled Alcantara surfaces.
  • Encapsulates odor causing bacteria – leaves fresh scent behind.
  • Cleans without altering the feel or appearance.
  • Safe for most interior surfaces including fabrics, seats, door panels and carpets.

DIRECTIONS
For best results, it is not recommended to spray Pinnacle Black Label Suede-Soft Alcantara Cleaner directly onto the surface.

1. Spray cleaner onto a clean microfiber towel
2. Apply to the surface wiping in all four directions for complete stain removal.
3. Additional applications may be necessary, depending on level of contamination.

Pinnacle Black Label Suede-Soft Alcantara Protectant

Provided a durable layer or hydrophobic protection on your micro-suede and Alcantara surfaces.
Will protect against damages caused by spills and stains.
Protects and maintains the original look and feel.
Prevents staining, fading, discoloration and everyday wear-and-tear.

DIRECTIONS
If necessary, first clean the area to be treated.

• Brush the fibers in the same direction.
  • Spray light mist onto surface.
  • Allow to dry.
  • Once dried, brush fibers in the opposite direction.
  • Apply another light mist.
  • Allow to dry.
  • Leave undisturbed for 12-24 hours.

What is it?

A safe liquid cleaner to clean alcantara fabric and a safe liquid protectant to protect alcantara fabric.

What does it do?

The cleaner removes dirt, grime, sweat, body oils and spills off of alcantara fabric. The protectant coats over and seals the fabric surface to water-proof and thus stain-proof the fabric.

When do I use it?

Use the cleaner on soiled alcantara fabric to clean and prep it for the protectant. When working on new clean alcantara you can skip the cleaner and apply only the protectant.

Why should I use it?

To keep alcantara fabrics clean and looking factory new.

This short video shares what these two products are and shows how to use them...

How-to

My review is below and in order to write it - of course I had to use the products first. So here's a quick write-up showing how I used it on Yancy's 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack, which is LOADED with Alcantara.

Step 1: Spray the cleaner onto a clean microfiber towel or onto the surface to be cleaned.

Step 2: Wipe the surface 4 ways with product-dampened microfiber towel.

Allow the Alcantara to fully dry

Step 3: Brush the fibers in one direction so they all lay in a single direction.

Step 4: Spray the protectant onto the Alcantara - allow the product to fully dry.

Step 5: Brush the fibers in the opposite direction.

Step 6: Spray the protectant onto the Alcantara.

Let dry 12 to 24 Hours Un-Disturbed

Allow all treated surfaces to dry undisturbed for 12 to 24 hours before putting the car back into service.

Clean and protected!

You're car's Alcantara and micro-suede surface will now look clean, natural and original plus they'll be protected from future spills and stains.

Review

Both products are pretty straight-forward as far as application goes, just follow the directions. I tested by applying to the passenger seat in Yancy's car. I misted the product on like you see in the video and following directions, wiped in 4 directions to gently wipe and blot the cleaner back out of the Alcantara fabric. Because Yancy is a tick of a Neat Freak, my guess is the seats were fairly clean but any build-up dirt over the last year of ownership was pulled from the fabric via the cleaner and the mechanical action of pushing the towel over the surface in 4-directions. And "yes" the wiping in 4-directions is a great technique as you're blotting or extracting the cleaner and any dirt or grime it has emulsified from multiple sides of the soft fibers. There's no foul chemical odor and in fact, the cleaner has a pleasant, fresh clean scent.

Application of the protectant was faster and easier because no final wiping or blotting of the product is needed. The brush technique works great too. For products like this, after application I would normally work the product into and over the surface using some nitrile gloves but spray-and-walk-away is much faster. You're supposed to let each application of the protectant fully dry before any second or third application is sprayed onto the surface. To speed up the drying process I placed an air mover next to the seat and let it speed dry the materiel.

After the seat had completely dried it looked factory fresh and felt soft and clean to the touch.

Looks factory new - no change in appearance

Feels soft, clean and plush!

If you car has Alcantara or any form of micro-suede, while it's brand new treat all these surfaces with the protectant. If you've already been driving your car for some time, then clean first followed by application of the protectant. While this type of material is sensitive to the wrong chemicals and course brushes, with Pinnacle Black Label Alcantara Cleaner and Protectant you can safely clean and protect your car's interior without the risk of changing or altering the factory look and feel.

On Autogeek.com

Cobra Carbon Black Edgeless Microfiber Polishing Cloth - 3-Pack

Famous Detailing Brush

Natural Horse Hair Interior Upholstery Brush