autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post

As you noted Mike, this product seems to perform similarly, more of a booster than cleaner(Paraphrasing for you hope you don’t mind!).
    Agree.

First thing I did before using the product was.... drum roll........................

Read the directions

I would not have used it as a waterless wash had the manufacturer not stated it could be used this way. And while it did work - I think it has such a high concentration of protection ingredients that it will be better used on a car that is already clean and in excellent condition i.e. regularly maintained.

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    It would. And just as important it would be fast and easy and make future cleaning fast and easy.

Nice! I totally agree with that!Review: Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Agree.

First thing I did before using the product was.... drum roll........................

Read the directions

I would not have used it as a waterless wash had the manufacturer not stated it could be used this way. And while it did work - I think it has such a high concentration of protection ingredients that it will be better used on a car that is already clean and in excellent condition i.e. regularly maintained.

Any thoughts on using this as a clay or nanoskin lube?

Post Thanks / Like

I may have lost my marbles here but how about this stuff on the seat tracks and seat mounts? I think it looks pretty good.

I just saturated one side of a scrap towel and then wiped them down after cleaning with APC and then buffing with the other side.

5. Thanks Thomkirby, Craig Encinitas thanked for this post
    Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Hybrid Solutions Ceramic 3-in-1 Detailer

I used some today on door jambs, plastic interior trim, sides of the seats and under the hood. It also doubled as an interior air freshener.

7. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post
    I used some today on door jambs, plastic interior trim, sides of the seats and under the hood. It also doubled as an interior air freshener.
    It makes it look REALLY nice! I agree the smell isn't bad!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike, is this product ok to use on a ceramic coating?

Post Thanks / Like

I have to wonder if the 3-in-1 is a diluted version of the Ceramic Spray Wax?

I just saw the video on you tube where the guy uses the Formula 4 Spray Wax as a drying aid to prevent hard water spots while washing black car in sun. I am planning on using the TW Ceramic Spray Wax in this manner and see how it works out. I have CanCoat as a standalone on one of my daily drivers at the moment and have to run around the car trying to wash it even at 6:30-7:00 in the morning due to the sun on most days. This past Saturday was fantastic as it was overcast all day and made for a great day of detailing.

Has anyone tried using the 3-in-one or the Ceramic Spray Wax in this manner?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robwoodgto View Post
    I have to wonder if the 3-in-1 is a diluted version of the Ceramic Spray Wax?

I just saw the video on you tube where the guy uses the Formula 4 Spray Wax as a drying aid to prevent hard water spots while washing black car in sun. I am planning on using the TW Ceramic Spray Wax in this manner and see how it works out. I have CanCoat as a standalone on one of my daily drivers at the moment and have to run around the car trying to wash it even at 6:30-7:00 in the morning due to the sun on most days. This past Saturday was fantastic as it was overcast all day and made for a great day of detailing.

Has anyone tried using the 3-in-one or the Ceramic Spray Wax in this manner?
    As a drying aid, you’re basically asking? Yeah it works good as a drying aid. Probably better than Ceramic Spray Wax at preventing/removing water spots because the difference between the two is that 3-in-1 should have some cleaning ability and way less protection. It sounds like that’s what you’re looking for to prevent the sun’s annoyance after wash.

TW Wet Wax is another option that is specifically meant as a drying aid which probably has less cleaning but more protection than 3-in-1... likely an inbetween of 3-in-1 and Ceramic Spray Wax.

And any QD (detail spray, quick detail, whatever it may be called) made nowadays should be a good drying aid for leaving a good shine with without water spotting. They just won’t add much protection but with Cancoat underneath, I don’t think you need more.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry acuRaS82, I meant to compare the 3-in-1 to the Ceramic Wet Wax but listed "Ceramic Spray Wax." I do not have any 3-in-1 but I do have the Ceramic Wet Wax.

I am planning on using the Wet Wax next weekend with weather permitting in both full strength and in some diluted form to ascertain whether or not it works well enough as a drying aid without streaking. I am planning on purchasing the 3-in-1 Detailer in the near future but since I have the Wet Wax and my wife has taken my AG buying privileges from me for 30 days I am not able to make another order. I realize I am probably the only one here that gets on a buy streak and literally can't stop. I place one order, then find something else that I wish I had ordered, then the next thing I know I've placed 3 orders back to back and still find more to order.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast