autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review & How-To: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition

Getting ready to install this for the first time this weekend. Have only used UK3.0 prior to this. Is this coating safe for PPF? Cant wait to try it.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by mixdemotionsfox View Post

Getting ready to install this for the first time this weekend. Have only used UK3.0 prior to this.

Is this coating safe for PPF? Cant wait to try it.

I would say "yes" but apply, wait about 35 to 45 seconds and then gently wipe the treated area.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I would say "yes" but apply, wait about 35 to 45 seconds and then gently wipe the treated area.

Thank you sir. Appreciate it.

Mike Phillips

Getting ready to install this for the first time this weekend. Have only used UK3.0 prior to this.

Is this coating safe for PPF? Cant wait to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips

Thank you sir. Appreciate it.

And now for the follow-up..............................

How did it turn out?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ended up. Doing a friends older truck.

She was a little ruff around the edges but it turned out very nice I think. Coating seems to be holding up well. We have had an abnormal amount of rain since install.

Review & How-To: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition-956aac96-f78e-4eb3-b85a-e7e9c2fdef44-jpg

Review & How-To: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition-0311b568-15f2-435c-ba6a-8411db34abc6-jpg

Review & How-To: BLACKFIRE Pro Ceramic Paint Coating Black Edition-85e35041-1049-49e5-8bf2-f31234c33593-jpg

6. Likes JustJesus, opie liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Ended up. Doing a friends older truck.

She was a little ruff around the edges but it turned out very nice I think. Coating seems to be holding up well. We have had an abnormal amount of rain since install.

Looks freaking awesome!

All my clients that I've installed this particular coating - the all love it. Live I've shared before, it's bullet-proof.

And everyone loves how easy and fast it is to wash and dry this coating. Especially if you have a leaf blower.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Normally, these small patches of microfiber suede are soft and limp.... look how stiff it is after the coating has fully dried.
    Hi Mike,

When doing a 3x3 section for a hood with MF suede, can it be reused be used on the next part of the hood or will the coating product on the MF suede flash at the same time/rate as the ceramic coating on the car?

Same question for removing coating with MF, one section of a panel and done or reusable for next section of a panel ?

I bought the BF black edition ceramic, just figuring how many towels I need to have on hand for my giant truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gr8almty1 View Post
    Hi Mike,

When doing a 3x3 section for a hood with MF suede, can it be reused be used on the next part of the hood or will the coating product on the MF suede flash at the same time/rate as the ceramic coating on the car?

Same question for removing coating with MF, one section of a panel and done or reusable for next section of a panel ?

I bought the BF black edition ceramic, just figuring how many towels I need to have on hand for my giant truck.

Anyone with insight?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Mike,

I can't personally speak for the Blackfire coating, but with most other coatings out there you can use the same applicator for the whole vehicle, as long as it stays clean. If it gets dirty or you drop it on the ground, I would use a fresh applicator. Using the same one will reduce product usage, and because you're continuously pouring more onto the applicator, the solvents will keep it from hardening until it dries.

For removal, I would keep several very clean or new microfibers on hand. I like to use three at a time. One low pile like a Rag Company Pearl to "level" the coating. This basically is the last step of spreading it evenly and you want to wipe gently and uniformly. The second is to follow up and remove residue, and the third towel isn't necessary but I use it to buff off the final residue. Keep changing towels when you feel like it isn't working as effectively as it gets loaded with product. Then towel 2 becomes towel 1, towel 3 becomes towel 2, and the final wipe towel is always the cleanest.
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

Mike Phillips

Hi Mike,

Anyone with insight?

Apologies gr8almty1,

A saw these questions of your but just haven't had time to get back to you.

I'm in the same opinion and experience as crb001,

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post

I can't personally speak for the Blackfire coating, but with most other coatings out there you can use the same applicator for the whole vehicle, as long as it stays clean.

If it gets dirty or you drop it on the ground, I would use a fresh applicator.

Using the same one will reduce product usage, and because you're continuously pouring more onto the applicator, the solvents will keep it from hardening until it dries.

My own experience is like stated above, the re-wetting of the face of the applicator with the product being used does seem to show the fresh solvents (from out of the bottle), do tend to keep the entire face of the applicator wet and not drying, hardening and becoming sticky.

At the same time, if it could never hurt to use a a fresh side of either a patch of microfiber suede or my favorite, the coating-saver type foam block, switch to a different, clean side.

See here,

Review: Speed Master Coating Applicator

These applicator's have a plastic liner behind the microfiber so they won't soak up and simply waster coating.

Here, allow me to use some scissors to show you what I'm talking about...

Here I've cut an applicator in half.

I've removed the microfiber outside off of the foam block found in the inside. SEE the plastic film?

I rarely use the rigid foam blocks with the microfiber suede patches any longer.

Besides saving your coating from simply soaking into the foam core, the foam blocks, (like the one pictured above), in my opinion and expereince are easier to use and do a better job of spreading out and laying down a thin layer of coating.

12. Thanks gr8almty1 thanked for this post
    Likes crg001 liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast