autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Ceramic Coating Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodn View Post

Yes I love the gloss, shine, clarity from the Diamond coating

That's what I like about PLUS how it makes the paint feel slippery, not rubbery. My daily driver is white so it shows very little "beauty" when I share a picture. My wife's car is a magnetic red and it DOES show well in pictures.

Review: PBL Paint Coating & Surface Coating - 2017 IFINITI QX30 - Magnetic Red

and applied a single coat 12 months ago,
    I don't like to wait that long before I do something again. That's just me. What I do is after washing and drying I hit the car from my waist line up - with Pinnacle Black Label Surface Coating like I show here,

Coated under 15 minutes using PBL Surface Coating

It's super fast and super easy and keeps the car looking fantastic plus super slippery with incredible water beading.

After washing and drying, I use a small section of a microfiber towel that I cut out of a full size towel. I draw a line or an X or Happy Face on one side of the towel. This is the side I place my hand. On the other side, I spray a light mist of the PBL Surface Coating onto the cloth and then mist a light mist onto the paint and spread it around until it disappears. I walk around the car repeating this. Super fast, super easy. Only uses a little product. I show this to all my coating customers.

You can do this same thing with the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Paint Coating. For the cost-per-ounce, I would get the larger bottle of Surface Coating. And I also use this on the windshield. Works great - no wiper chatter. I've never met anyone that I've shared this with (in person) that didn't love it. The key is to wait until Autogeek has a super sale and then buy the larger bottle of the Surface Coating. Normally it's $129.99 - Cost per ounce, it's still more product than buying the tiny bottles of just about any coating.

and with my last wash I'm noticing a few light scratches around the vehicle.
    Maintaining the paint/coating by doing the above should reduce this. And of course, always make sure your wash media and drying towels are clean an un-contaminated. So important.

For future reference - would the diamond coating be "tougher" if you stacked a couple more layers rather than one... the bottle still has a lot left in it.
    I think it helps to apply a second coat within an hour or so but not any more than than.

A better plan is like I describe above. After a normal wash and dry job - simply mist a little onto the car using the cut-up towel like I show here,

But if you trust me - sometime spoil yourself and pamper your car and get the bottle of Surface Coating. Nice stuff.

Mike Phillips

Yes I love the gloss, shine, clarity from the Diamond coating

I took the pictures for the below article MONTHS ago but after answering your questions, I pushed this article to the front. I'm always using these techniques myself and I show anyone that's interested.

It's not a huge big deal, in fact it's a really simple, caveman method - but it works for me.

Mike Phillips PBL Paint and Surface Coating Application Technique

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Mike! TY for the response and additional details, explanations, tips, etc. Your communication ability is outstanding, exceptional.

Mike Phillips

Wow Mike! TY for the response and additional details, explanations, tips, etc.

Your communication ability is outstanding, exceptional.

Thank you, when I work, that's what I aim for,

outstanding, exceptional

Mike Phillips

Sharing the URL address with a fellow detailer in this industry.

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings Mike,

This is Rick from Austin, Tx. You might remember my red 67 GTO from the detailing class!

Here is a pic after 2 coats of PBL spray on my new 2021 Corvette. I really like the PBL Diamond Coat
    Review: Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Ceramic Coating Pro-2021-corvette-pbl-jpg

Take Care and Stay Safe! Rick

7. Likes hotrodn liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 69385vette View Post

Greetings Mike,

This is Rick from Austin, Tx. You might remember my red 67 GTO from the detailing class!
    Hi Rick,

Of course I remember you! Good to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by 69385vette View Post

Here is a pic after 2 coats of PBL spray on my new 2021 Corvette. I really like the PBL Diamond Coat

Take Care and Stay Safe! Rick
    Here's the full size version and all I can say is FREAKING WOW!!!!!!

The paint looks so glassy and wet!

PBL Diamond Coat is good stuff. One of my favorites and also super easy to use.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234