autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

RUPES BigFoot Foam Pads on the FLEX BEAST - Supa BEAST and CBEAST

RUPES BigFoot Foam Pads on the FLEX BEAST - Supa BEAST and CBEAST

In the past year or so I've been asked numerous times,

How do the RUPES foam pads work on the FLEX tools?

To be honest, in the past I have tended to use the Lake Country 6.5" Force Hybrid pads for the BEAST and the Supa BEAST and the only time I've really invested any time using the RUPES 7" foam pads on these FLEX tools is in my boat detailing class as we use the blue and green pads for the polishing step. For the CBEAST, I use a variety of smaller 5.5" pads including the 6" RUPES pads as they are a good fit and work well.

So to have a better real-world answer for anyone asking me about this pad/tool combo I've been testing out the RUPES foam pads more and more on the above FLEX tools and I find they work darn good.

One thing I really like about the RUPES 7" and 6" foam pads is the tapered design. This tapered design gives the pad a tick more reach into tight areas and sometimes that's all I've needed to get the job done.

Here's a few pictures,

RUPES 7" Foam Pads

The FLEX BEAST comes with a 6" backing plate from the factory and these pads fit perfect. The Supa BEAST comes with a 5" backing plate from the factory and I remove this and install the FLEX 6" backing plate to take advantage of all the power this tool has to offer and this means I can also use the 7" RUPES foam pads as well as the 6.5" LC Hybrid pads.

RUPES 6" Foam Pads

The CBEAST comes from the factory with a 5" backing plate and I have found most of the pads on the market to simply be either a tick to small for this tool or too large. The RUPES 6" foam pads fit the backing plate perfectly and have just the right pad diameter to be excellent performing pads on this cordless gear-driven orbital polisher.

And.... I've also been testing the RUPES wool pads on the above tools with good results. Stay tuned.

On Autogeek.com

All RUPES Foam Buffing Pads

2. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: RUPES BigFoot Foam Pads on the FLEX BEAST - Supa BEAST and CBEAST

Shared here,

New Black Vehicle

Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike, I was wondering if you could post up a couple of pics of the fitment of the Rupes 7 inch pads on the FLEX BEAST XC 3401 VRG's factory 5.5 inch backing plate?

I'd just like to get an idea of what it looks like so I can visualize myself polishing cars with this combo.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post

Hey Mike, I was wondering if you could post up a couple of pics of the fitment of the Rupes 7 inch pads on the FLEX BEAST XC 3401 VRG's factory 5.5 inch backing plate?

I'd just like to get an idea of what it looks like so I can visualize myself polishing cars with this combo.

Sure. There's a little bit more backing on the back of the pad than the size of the factory FLEX 3401 backing plate but it's a complete, 100% NON-ISSUE.

I turn and churn the OLD RUPES foam pads on the BEASTS all the time.

The OLD RUPES foam pads work GREAT on all the FLEX BEASTS - the thing is - they have been discontinued. So unless you can find some old stock or some used pads you have to buy the new RUPES CP pads like I show here,

Mike Phillips recommended foam pads for the FLEX Family of BEAST 8mm Gear-Driven Orbital Polishers

6. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post