autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

Very nicely done review, Mike.

Looks like a great coating. I also love those applicators. The crease let me know what side is up so I always know what side has the coating on.

I’m not a fan of the blocks and a separate micro suede cloth.
    Totally agree.

Microfiber blocks tend to glide over paint better than microfiber suede patches on foam blocks.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

Every paint will be a little different and differences in tools and pads will drive different results.
    You are absolutely correct and accurate.

This is why it's is SO important that everyone does a Test Spot before buffing out an entire car.

The Test Spot is performed to dial-in a process on the paint in front of you because paint systems are different. Even different on the same make and models of cars because paint technology is always evolving and car manufactures can change paints systems on the assembly line at any time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    In my reply to you, besides the hardness questions and answer, I also brought up the chemical resistance feature. See post #7

And after discussing the problem with water spots, I mentioned it has been raining here to the point the Government put out a Flood Warning over our TV last night and then I said or typed this,

As promised,

I installed this coating last Wednesday, today is Tuesday, 6 days later and it's been raining constant and then the sun comes out and DRIES the rain drops on all cars.

I could not see a single water spot or water mark on the coated paint.

Now this doesn't automatically mean no matter where you live on Planet Earth, if you use this coating you wont' get Type II Water Spots or any kind of water marks on your car after it rains, you rinse the car or a sprinkler goes off an plasters your car with water. What it means is right here in Stuart, Florida, the water we have did not land on the paint then dry on the paint and leave a water spot or mark.

That's a good sign but not all inclusive to the rest of the water on Planet Earth.

See my article here,

What's in the water?

Mike, thank you for replying to my questions. Much appreciated! If I may follow up, would you happen to know the hardness level of the WG Uber Ceramic Syringe coating?

I've been very happy with it over the years, but as most of us, I love to try new products! So might give this one a go!

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post

Mike, thank you for replying to my questions. Much appreciated! If I may follow up, would you happen to know the hardness level of the WG Uber Ceramic Syringe coating?
    Sorry, I don't know.

I think the last time I used this was when I wrote the review for it.

Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Used it on an old 2-door Merc...

I've been very happy with it over the years, but as most of us, I love to try new products! So might give this one a go!
    Sure worked good on this old 2-door Ford....

Ceramic Coating & Paint Correction 1932 Ford Roadster

5. Thanks StangFan25 thanked for this post
    Likes StangFan25 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Sorry, I don't know.

I think the last time I used this was when I wrote the review for it.

Review & How-To: Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Paint Coating

Used it on an old 2-door Merc...

No worries Mike, maybe I'll reach out to someone at AG and inquire.

I think your review of it was what got me convinced to give it a try, and here I am, years later still using it! It's a great product.

I think I'll give this new one a try, unfortunately I'll have to wait as I recently used the syringe to coat my mustang!

Thanks again, Mike!

Post Thanks / Like

Props to WG for not mentioning any of the 'eleventy-billion h' hardness nonsense. In a practical sense, it's a totally irrelevant measurement aside from marketing mumbo-jumbo.

8. Likes Desertnate, The Guz, Rmd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Props to WG for not mentioning any of the 'eleventy-billion h' hardness nonsense. In a practical sense, it's a totally irrelevant measurement aside from marketing mumbo-jumbo.
    Unfortunately, they also did it. In the product page it says: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Coating is rated a 9H on the hardness rating scale, making your coating almost as hard as a diamond.

EDIT: Maybe you were talking about the old WG coating. My statement above applies to the new PROFI one.
    Bruno Soares

10. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Unfortunately, they also did it. In the product page it says: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Coating is rated a 9H on the hardness rating scale, making your coating almost as hard as a diamond.

EDIT: Maybe you were talking about the old WG coating. My statement above applies to the new PROFI one.
    Doh! Bummer...would be nice if mfg's got away from that stuff. Oh my...just noticed they equated 9h pencil hardness to nearly that of a diamond...that's even worse. Not just misleading, outright incorrect.

12. Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

Doh! Bummer...would be nice if mfg's got away from that stuff.

Oh my...just noticed they equated 9h pencil hardness to nearly that of a diamond...that's even worse.

Not just misleading, outright incorrect.

I'm just the "how-to" guy.

I equally share info from all manufacturers for any product I review or just write-about.

What you see me share is what I'm sent from the marketing department with approval from management. They are privy to the meaty information about these product not me.

I have great relationships with a number of chemists in this industry and when applicable, I'm able to share information they share with me for public consumption.

More info usually leads to more trust and increased sales.

14. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Who was the Project Manager on this new coating? Hopefully they can come in and answer some questions.

• What where the key data points and objectives for this coating?
    • What were the comparable target coatings that this is targeting to trying to be better than?
    • What is our baseline we are trying to meet / beat?
    • How is this different or better than the existing WG Uber Ceramic in the syringe?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast