autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Coating

I don’t do a ton of coating jobs as I tend to prefer traditional paste waxes.

I have a client looking for a quality coating in the upcoming weeks. After reading this review and having a HIGH level of trust in your reviews, Mike, I ordered this tonight for the job. I typically will not use a product like this without some personal testing but again I trust your reviews.

This product peaked my interest in a few of your comments. Durability, ease of use, water spot resistance and volume in bottle(I’ll be doing a full size 4 door pick up)

Looking forward to trying this out. Also I will be able to keep a close eye on it over time as I do all maintenance on this clients vehicles.

Thanks for the well written and documented review!
    Jim

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post

I don’t do a ton of coating jobs as I tend to prefer traditional paste waxes.
    Copy that. I prefer to do production detailing using a great one-step cleaner/wax myself - the problem is customer demand for coatings.

I have a client looking for a quality coating in the upcoming weeks. After reading this review and having a HIGH level of trust in your reviews, Mike, I ordered this tonight for the job. I typically will not use a product like this without some personal testing but again I trust your reviews.

This product peaked my interest in a few of your comments. Durability, ease of use, water spot resistance and volume in bottle(I’ll be doing a full size 4 door pick up)

Looking forward to trying this out. Also I will be able to keep a close eye on it over time as I do all maintenance on this clients vehicles.

Thanks for the well written and documented review!

It's a really nice ceramic coating and I'm confident both you and the customer will love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly I ordered this last Wednesday and it’s still out of stock. Had to cancel my order as it won’t make it here in time. Was looking forward to some durability testing as I see this vehicle often.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Not to get too far off topic, but I wonder if the logistics world is still not quite back to normal. I had a job lined up to apply CQuartz UK on a neighbors vehicle. They ordered it from PBMG's other site and it too has been on back order for several weeks.

I don't run a business, so I can be patient. It just shows distribution and maybe even production isn't back to normal. In my case it might be a blessing too as I won't have to try and apply a coating in the full heat of summer!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Mike Phillips

Sadly I ordered this last Wednesday and it’s still out of stock.

Had to cancel my order as it won’t make it here in time. Was looking forward to some durability testing as I see this vehicle often.

Sorry to hear this.

I had know idea we we're out of stock?

My guess is if it's out of stock - we must have sold a boat load of it.

Post Thanks / Like

It happens and with current conditions, it’s understandable.
    Jim

Mike Phillips

It happens and with current conditions, it’s understandable.

While it may be too late for this detail you have coming up, if you send me your shipping address I'll send you my bottle of PROFI. There's enough to do a normal size passenger car.

8. Likes BudgetPlan1, BurnsDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    While it may be too late for this detail you have coming up, if you send me your shipping address I'll send you my bottle of PROFI. There's enough to do a normal size passenger car.

Thank you so much Mike but it not necessary. I’ll order a bottle when the time is right. I don’t want to accept something and possibly not use it while you could have.

THANK YOU so much for the offer. It is truly appreciated!
    Jim

10. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a chance to use this product last night. Other than the bootcamp, this is the first ceramic coating I've applied myself. The application and removal was very user friendly. I did have a couple questions.

1. When watching for the coating to flash I noticed it almost looked to flash almost immediately after application. Almost instantly started having the rainbow effect. I did wait about 30-45 seconds to remove it. Does this sound right as for the coating flashing very soon?

2. Checking the coating this morning. It seems to be tacky or sticky Is this how the coating should be or will it harden up after awhile?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Coatings generally can be a bit tacky. It's because of how they produce the hydrophobic qualities of them. Generally it's not because the coating is super smooth and flat, but rather that there's microscopic levels of tiny "spikes" if you will.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast