autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang PROFI Ceramic Coating

Mike, last month, I clay barred my car, polished with Jeweling Wax and topped with Fuzion. They look great. If I wanted to add the protection of PROFI, can I just panel wipe with Perfect Finish Paint Prep and coat it? I love the look of Fuzion but wouldn't mind the multi year protection of PROFI.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by captbh View Post

Mike, last month, I clay barred my car, polished with Jeweling Wax and topped with Fuzion. They look great.

If I wanted to add the protection of PROFI, can I just panel wipe with Perfect Finish Paint Prep and coat it?

I love the look of Fuzion but wouldn't mind the multi year protection of PROFI.

I'm sorry to say, but there's no way to know if the panel wipe will remove 100% of the multiple wax protection product you've applied.

The NORMAL answer is simply "no". To 100% ensure that 100% of any wax or sealant has removed you need to machine polish and then use the panel wipe.

I WISH we could use products like the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax or the BLACKFIRE One Step for the paint correction step instead of a normal compound and/or polish BECAUSE the wipe-off is SO EASY as compared to any compound or polish.

There's no law against trying if you want and who knows, maybe whatever wax the panel wipe doesn't remove the solvents in the coating will dissolve but me thinks you'd have a mess on your hands for the investment you'll need to make.

If it were me?

I'd enjoy the finish the way it is and down the road when you want to refresh the appearance of the car then do the normal,

Wash and dry
    Clay if needed.
    Machine polish
    Panel wipe
    Coat.
    Maintain

Great question - thank you for asking and don't you just love how the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax works and wipes-off?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post

I see reference to the hardness level, is that one of the differences?
    In my reply to you, besides the hardness questions and answer, I also brought up the chemical resistance feature. See post #7

And after discussing the problem with water spots, I mentioned it has been raining here to the point the Government put out a Flood Warning over our TV last night and then I said or typed this,

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

So after I type out this reply, I'll go outside and look at the hood and see if I see any water spots and let you know.
    As promised,

I installed this coating last Wednesday, today is Tuesday, 6 days later and it's been raining constant and then the sun comes out and DRIES the rain drops on all cars.

I could not see a single water spot or water mark on the coated paint.

Now this doesn't automatically mean no matter where you live on Planet Earth, if you use this coating you wont' get Type II Water Spots or any kind of water marks on your car after it rains, you rinse the car or a sprinkler goes off an plasters your car with water. What it means is right here in Stuart, Florida, the water we have did not land on the paint then dry on the paint and leave a water spot or mark.

That's a good sign but not all inclusive to the rest of the water on Planet Earth.

See my article here,

What's in the water?

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I'm sorry to say, but there's no way to know if the panel wipe will remove 100% of the multiple wax protection product you've applied.

The NORMAL answer is simply "no". To 100% ensure that 100% of any wax or sealant has removed you need to machine polish and then use the panel wipe.

I WISH we could use products like the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax or the BLACKFIRE One Step for the paint correction step instead of a normal compound and/or polish BECAUSE the wipe-off is SO EASY as compared to any compound or polish.

There's no law against trying if you want and who knows, maybe whatever wax the panel wipe doesn't remove the solvents in the coating will dissolve but me thinks you'd have a mess on your hands for the investment you'll need to make.

If it were me?

I'd enjoy the finish the way it is and down the road when you want to refresh the appearance of the car then do the normal,

Wash and dry
    Clay if needed.
    Machine polish
    Panel wipe
    Coat.
    Maintain

Great question - thank you for asking and don't you just love how the Pinnacle Jeweling Wax works and wipes-off?

Thanks Mike, the Jeweling Wax is great. Super results and easy to use. I also love the Fuzion. Goes on like butter, wipes off easy and the shine is great. I've been applying it by hand, then a microfiber hand wipe and then a light buff with the DA and a microfiber bonnet over a wool pad. Looks like a mirror.

Mike Phillips

Thanks Mike, the Jeweling Wax is great. Super results and easy to use. I also love the Fuzion. Goes on like butter, wipes off easy and the shine is great.

I agree. I'll never forget the Wolfgang shine on this old 2-door Ford. Just one of hundreds, if not thousands of cars I've had here at Autogeek's Show Car Garage since coming here from Meguiar's in 2009.

The jar of Fuzion is out of focus in the below shot because the fender IS in focus.

Blown 1934 Ford Pick-up - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Kristin

I've been applying it by hand, then a microfiber hand wipe and then a light buff with the DA and a microfiber bonnet over a wool pad. Looks like a mirror.
    That's a great technique too. Just make sure the microfiber bonnet is un-contaminated.

Mike Phillips

Well about an hour ago we had a torrential downpour as a storm passed overhead. Right after the rain stopped I took these pictures.

Tomorrow, I look to see if there's any watermarks left behind.

7. Likes Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike, after Wolfgang Swirl Remover, do you have to follow
    up with Wolfgang finishing glaze?

And the same question for Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover.
    Does that need to be followed-up with advanced finishing polish
    or do both swirl removers finish ready for wax or sealer?
    Thanks
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Very nicely done review, Mike.

Looks like a great coating. I also love those applicators. The crease let me know what side is up so I always know what side has the coating on. I’m not a fan of the blocks and a separate micro suede cloth.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jim w View Post
    I can't answer for Mike as it relates to the TT shown in the review, but from my experience with Wolfgang Swirl Remover, you can go straight to an LSP. HOWEVER, that was for the vehicle I was polishing. On hard-ish black metallic BMW paint and hard black metallic VW paint it will easily remove light swirls and polish out LSP ready using a DA and a white Lake Country Polishing pad.

Every paint will be a little different and differences in tools and pads will drive different results.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Mike Phillips

I did not.

For most paints, the Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover will finish down LSP ready. It's a really nice medium cut polish.

And the same question for Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover.
    Does that need to be followed-up with advanced finishing polish.
    Same answer as above.

They both work great and interestingly, they use very different abrasive technology but I would use either on black paint.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast