autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 3D Paint Coating and 3D One Cutting Compound and Finishing Polish

Anyone try the 3D coating yet? Lease coming up this year, might give the coating and 3D One a whirl...

Post Thanks / Like

Used it last weekend on a year old, low mileage, white Tesla Model 3 after a full decon, quick polish with 3D ACA 520, and then 3D panel wipe.

Very easy to apply. Limit yourself to half a hood / half a door at a time size. Wait 30-45 seconds and then wipe off. Basically just follow the instructions. Paint is not slick but not grabby either. Rather neutral.

The wipe off is very easy. So easy I was not concerned about high spots in the least.

The coating did not add any visible gloss or much of the glassy look (at least on this car).

This car is garaged nights and weekends but sits out in the weather during the day and birds seem to like it too.

We'll see how long it lasts. I am most interested in how quickly water comes off the car and the overall self cleaning capabilities.

3. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Shared here,

quartz second coating

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!

Thank you Mike for this product introduction/review and interview. I've been considering applying a ceramic coating to a my personal vehicle (or my wife's beast of a Buick Enclave).

Trying to research and going over coatings, information, this, that, and whatever....

I'm sold on the 3D product if/when I decide to do it. Just the straight-forward honesty and real-world answers from the owner/chemist sold me truly.

That's my kind of sales person. NO B.S. or fluff.

Now, do I endeavor to a private hell of applying a coating to my new car's spoke rally wheels....

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey Mike View Post

Wow!

Thank you Mike for this product introduction/review and interview. I've been considering applying a ceramic coating to a my personal vehicle (or my wife's beast of a Buick Enclave).

Trying to research and going over coatings, information, this, that, and whatever....

The amount of information combined wit all the opinions is mind-numbing.

I'm sold on the 3D product if/when I decide to do it. Just the straight-forward honesty and real-world answers from the owner/chemist sold me truly.

That's my kind of sales person. NO B.S. or fluff.

I agree. I've shared how VALUABLE it is to get info from the chemist behind any brand all my online life. Sometimes it's appreciated, sometimes it's not.

Now, do I endeavor to a private hell of applying a coating to my new car's spoke rally wheels....

Yeah wheels are a pain but from my experience - if you like your car to look clean and shiny all the time and you want to make cleaning your wheels faster and easier after the initial hard work -the "yes" a coating is worth the work.

Mike Phillips

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

Yeah wheels are a pain but from my experience - if you like your car to look clean and shiny all the time and you want to make cleaning your wheels faster and easier after the initial hard work -the "yes" a coating is worth the work.

Mike - Do you think the 3D Ceramic Coating can be sprayed with an airbrush for wheels and intricate areas?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by DetailingDoak View Post

Mike - Do you think the 3D Ceramic Coating can be sprayed with an airbrush for wheels and intricate areas?
    I would guess probably - you would want to contact 3D and try to buy in bulk packaging.

Next time I talk to Tunch I'll ask him.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike in the compound video there was mention that 3D One may not need a prep wipe prior to applying the 3D coating. I do agree that 3D One is oil heavy maybe the correct word would be lubricant heavy which is why I have used a panel wipe to remove it.

Could Tunch confirm that 3D One needs or doesn't need a panel wipe prior to the 3D coating.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Mike in the compound video there was mention that 3D One may not need a prep wipe prior to applying the 3D coating. I do agree that 3D One is oil heavy maybe the correct word would be lubricant heavy which is why I have used a panel wipe to remove it.

Could Tunch confirm that 3D One needs or doesn't need a panel wipe prior to the 3D coating.
    I'll check, other people have asked this same question.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast