autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mike Phillips

Re: How to use 303 Aerospace Protectant to Restore Vinyl Seats by Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post

Outstanding!

Nice work Mike, you sure made this Camaro in to a jaw dropper!!

Fantastic review, you can really see the 303 Multi Surface Cleaner working in the photos lifting the dirt off the surface.

Personally I like a more satin finish once protected but this may be variable & in the pictures at the end, they look less glossy, so possibly timing of photos taken.

In part the timing like you suspect.

The finish on the vinyl will tame down, I purposefully used the product very wet and then took my after pictures.

Why?

Because when it comes to vinyl, especially black vinyl, the masses have a perception of what it should look like and that's a deep, dark shine.

I absolutely love the Scangrip I Match headlamp & not very often I carry out interior detailing without it.
    Once you clean an interior with the headlamps on, you never want to be with out them. As you see in the pictures, I dropped the top on the Camaro and of course this enabled the ceiling lights to light up the interior, but for most cars, with fixed roofs, and especially dark colored interiors, these lights are a real nifty way to really see where the dirt is.

Tornador Tools - Essentials no doubt!! Everyone should have a Tornador Blow Out Gun period. The time saved by this tool is priceless.

The Velocity Vacuum Attachment is one of those pieces of equipment that may appear to be a gimmick but once you experience it capabilities it’s a no brainer. Another time saver ... actually. When you have some difficult carpet to deal with - this tool can save you loads of time, & I mean LOADS!!
    Agree. Both tools are so effective at enabling a person to really get a car interior clean and get it clean as fast as humanly possible.

The next best thing for these tools would be removing the seats and the carpet and that's not feasible for most people.

Top notch write up Mike.

Aaryn NZ.
    Thanks bud...

I enjoy detailing cool cars and just as important, I don't want anyone that reads this forum whether they are forum members or one of the thousands and thousands of LURKERS that visit this site to ever think I'm a desk jockey when it comes to detailing.

I know I wouldn't want to take advice from someone that doesn't actually do the thing they talk and type about.

And anyone that takes on the title of instructor for the craft of detailing and the art of polishing paint should be continually detailing cars. It's the only way to truly keep up with technology as well as keep your instruction fresh. For me, it keeps my instruction and my writing/talking both fresh and accurate.

2. Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful job on the 67, jaw dropper now. Reminds me of the Vinyl in my 442. Would put 3 coats of Armor All on them, put someone in the back seat (before seat belt laws) then take a corner extra hard, yes it was cruel. Funny but cruel.

One question, what is the difference between 303 All Surface Interior Cleaner and 303 Multi Surface Cleaner? Do you recommended one over the other?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post

Beautiful job on the 67, jaw dropper now. Reminds me of the Vinyl in my 442. Would put 3 coats of Armor All on them, put someone in the back seat (before seat belt laws) then take a corner extra hard, yes it was cruel. Funny but cruel.
    I remember those days too, I has a HUGE black vinyl bench seat in my 1948 Plymouth Coupe and it received a regular dousing with Armor-All.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops View Post

One question, what is the difference between 303 All Surface Interior Cleaner and 303 Multi Surface Cleaner?

Do you recommended one over the other?
    I have the most experience with the Multi-Surface cleaner and a story where it SAVED my brand new white NIKE tennis shoes last year the morning before Detail Fest at Barrett-Jackson.

The good news is 303 sent one of the head chemists to one of my detailing classes and I can contact him and find out. But the short answer would be - go with the Multi-Surface - it's truly a nice all-purpose-cleaner.

5. Thanks Thomkirby, cyclops thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post

As usual, great write-up Mike.
    Takes a lot of time to do the work, stop doing the work and take pictures and then later process the pictures and write the words.

You've got so many neat tools you would make even "Tim Taylor" of Tool Time jealous !
    Agree. I'd say I'm lucky but I've actually put in a lifetime of hours acquiring all the Skill Sets'I possess to do the things I do, which landed me my position at Autogeek where I have access to all the coolest tools and products in the car and boat detailing world.

Same as you and your field.

I've been using the 303 Multi-surface Cleaner for a while now. While it is both safe and effective, I also like that it can be used on so many different types of surfaces ... I was especially pleased with how well it worked on the short-napped dense fabric (aka "cloth") that so many car OEMs are using for portions of door panels, etc., these days.

Initially I was concerned that it might "stain" the fabric in the process of cleaning it, but that was not the case, it cleaned things up and left not a trace of evidence in doing so.
    My experience too, it's really nice stuff.

I wish I would have taken a picture of the Chick-fil-A Zesty Buffalo Sauce stain I had in the white tongue of my brand new tennis shoes I put on for my 3-day stint as "Demo Boy" at the 2019 Detail Fest at Barrett-Jackson.

The stain was almost florescent orange on vibrant arctic white. I tried 2 other recognized cloth, carpet and upholstery cleaners and they removed "some" of the stain but not enough to stop drawing my eyes away from the new eyesore.

On a hope and chance, I tried the Multi-Surface Cleaner and BOOM - the orange stain was gone. Simply gone. Not a little bit gone but gone as in disappeared.

Since then, I use it to clean all my white tennis shoes. for the most part, that's all I wear. I want a comfortable shoe for both the real side of me and the machine side of me and I need the shoe color to look good with flesh and chrome. I always feel like "colored"' or mix-n-match colored tennis shoes look like crap so I for the most part only wear white tennis shoes. And everyone knows how hard it is to keep white tennis shoes clean.

303 Multi-Surface Cleaner = Hero Product

Post Thanks / Like

Are the vinyl seats slippery after using 303 protecter

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Larry A View Post
    A

re the vinyl seats slippery after using 303 protecter
    No.

After taking all my pictures I wiped every treated surface down per instructions to remove any excess product.

Also - in a car like this with bucket seats, a door on one side of you and a console on the other - there's no place to slide.

And I think I pointed this out, maybe not, but I took my after pictures right after application and before any final wipe - that's because that's when the seats and actually all the treated vinyl is going to look it's best. It's what the masses think dressed vinyl should look like. Of course after wiping off any excess product it toned down the shine to a matte appearance, that would not look as GREAT as the pictures I shared.

Perception is reality

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12