autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Mike Phillips

Review: Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner

Review: Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner

Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner

What is it?

A naturally derived cleaner, fortified with orange oil, producing a fresh citrus scent.

What does it do?

Cleans and removes all types of dirt, grime and stains on the inside and outside of your car.

When do I use it?

Anytime you need to remove dirt, grime and stains from inside or outside your car or even inside you home.

Why should I use it?

To clean most surfaces while leaving a fresh citrus scent.

From the manufacturer

A fresh smelling clean for all areas of your car!

When looking for a deep cleaning product with a fresh scent, look to Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner. Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner is designed to be used on virtually all interior and exterior surfaces. Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner removes set in contaminants, even stains, all while producing a fresh, citrus smell. Made without the use of phosphates or butyl, Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner is safe and concentrated to meet any dilution needs. Plus, with it’s easy-to-use spray bottle, it’s perfect for any detailing expertise level.

Buying products for every surface of your car, interior and exterior, can get time consuming and expensive. A product that could clean virtually every surface would be a detailer’s dream come true. This wish is a command of Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner. Plus, it has a newly cleaned scent that allows for more enjoyable detailing.

Dirty surfaces are pain no matter where they are, whether they be interior or exterior. Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner can remove dirt, grime, grease, oils and other stains from leather, carpet, upholstery, plastic and vinyl. Plus, it can also clean most exterior surfaces! So, don’t worry about that coffee stain on your carpet or that set-in grime making a mess of your dash, Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner will lift both contaminants in no time. An added bonus is that Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner is a naturally derived cleaner, fortified with orange oil, producing a fresh citrus scent.

Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner is highly concentrated and meant to fit many different types of detailing needs, all which can be completed depending on the dilution method. When a surface is more delicate, it will require a higher concentration of water and less product, while exterior surfaces that are particularly dirty, can use a lower concentration of water and more product. Dilution ratios can be anywhere from 1:10 to 1:30.

This all-purpose cleaner is easy-to-use with its spray action. Simply dilute your product into the appropriate amount of water and spray onto an exterior surface, or a microfiber towel for an interior surface. If necessary, you can spray directly from the bottle itself, just be sure of what you are spraying it on. Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner is also phosphate and butyl free. The lack of these harmful chemicals makes this product for you, the surfaces it is being used on and the environment.

DIRECTIONS

1. Shake well before use.
    2. Dilute according to your needs, using a dilution ration of anywhere from 1:10 to 1:30, depending on use.
    3. More delicate surfaces require a higher concentration of water, while exterior surfaces that are particularly grimy can use a lower concentration of water.
    4. For interior surfaces, spray Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner directly onto a microfiber towel and wipe the surface.
    5. For exterior surfaces, product can be sprayed directly onto the surface and cleaned accordingly.

My comments

Anyone that's used a citrus-based cleaner understands the cleaning power and safety of citrus oil. Plus these types of cleaners tend to smell like fresh oranges, nothing wrong with that.

Items needed to properly dilute

Because this product comes as a concentrate, I'll start my review showing you how to properly dilute the concentrate. To do this, you'll need,

1: A clean, empty spray bottle - If you run a professional detail business, either a brick-n-mortar shop or a mobile derailing business you'll need to label the spray bottle with an OSHA approved label. If this is for home personal use you are not required by the government to label the container for safety reasons but you should label it in some fashion so that you and everyone else knows what it is and what safety concerns you be followed using it. For example, don't drink it.

2: Clean water source

NOTE: This product does not come with a secondary spray bottle but will be available in kit form that does include a spray bottle.

Pre-marked PVC Vinyl Spray Bottle

Here at Autogeek we do carry a really nice all-purpose spray bottle that has markings on the side to show,

• Ounces
    • Millimeters
    • Dilution levels from 1:1 to 10:1

I'll link to this bottle and a variety of spray heads with explanations about the spray heads below this review.

Mixing 1:30:

This bottle does not show dilutions down to 1:30, which is one of the recommended dilution levels for this product. By looking at the 1:10 mark in this picture and seeing it is the lowest mark on the bottle and about half way down from the 4 ounce mark just above it and to the right, it's kind of easy to guess that if you want a really weak solution of 1:30 you only need to pour in about 1/2 to 1 ounce of product.

The below is just my guesstimate but I'm guessing it's close enough because using any less product would almost be like using straight water.

Maybe one of our Math Whizes on the forum and figure out the exact amount and share it in this thread. (Then we'll all know)

BREAKING NEWS!

While I was typing up this review I contacted one of my colleagues at Autogeek, Robert and asked him if he or anyone knew how to use this bottle to mix a 1:30 dilution ration and he send me this picture and info.

Using this bottle, you can just put one ounce in the bottle and fill up to the fill line circled in red.

And there you go. Thanks Robert. (I always hated math)

Using the product RTU or Ready to Use

For very stubborn stains or stains that have been left untreated over time - you can use this product in the concentrated form. When using straight from the concentrate, after spraying to the affected surface. Allow the Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner to dwell for a few minutes then agitate with the appropriate brush. NOTE: The directions from the manufacturer state to be sure this product is safe for the material or coating to be cleaned before use. When in doubt, test first in an inconspicuous area.

How to properly dilute 10:1

Using a funnel or a steady hand, pour the Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner into the spray bottle until the product reaches the 10:1 mark on the side of the bottle.

The 1:10 dilution level is all the way to the bottom of the bottle. So you won't be pouring much of the concentrate in.

Here's where you want it....

Then fill to the top middle mark in the dilution table on the side of the bottle.

Cleaning Automotive leather, vinyl and plastic

The interior of Yancy's 2019 Dodge Charger Scat Pack has a combination of surfaces that make up the door panel including plastic, vinyl and coated leather. At the 1:10 dilution level the Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner is safe for all these surfaces.

I'm kind of surprised there's anything to clean as he's a pretty tidy guy.

For this type of cleaning, simply mist some product directly onto a clean microfiber towel and then wipe the surface.

Perfectly clean AND with a FRESH ORANGE SCENT!

Medium Duty Cleaning

To do some cleaning on the company van, I've switched over to the foaming spray head and instead of applying with a microfiber towel I'm going to agitate with a brush.

Good to see the AG Van is looking fairly clean - nice work Bobby and Andre.

But there is this one area where the grime from the ground, off the bottom of our shoes always gets a build up.

See how the foaming spray head foams the product?

This by the way is a Tampico Brush. Look up the word Tampico to see what the bristles are made our of and where they come from.

Wipe wipe wipe...

And BOOM - Grime-B-Gone!

Heavy Duty Cleaning

The back of the van is REALLY dirty. This dirt is not ON the surface it is ground-in and IMPACTED ONTO the surface.

After looking at this, my first assumption was that this product, and quite frankly no product would ever get it back to clean.

Foaming sprayer again...

Aggressive scrubbing using the Tampico Brush.

Here's my test area thoroughly scrubbed - not to impressive yet....

Wait for it.....

BOOM! Super CLEAN!

That rugged, textured vinyl floor is clean down to the pores!

Of cousre nothing is going to undo the scarring damage but damn! This product's cleaning ability with just a simple brush is impressive!

This section of the floor is clean enough to eat off of!

Review

When Andre was first testing this new product he pulled me aside and demonstrated it on some tires with blooming on the sidewall. Blooming is the brown color you often see on tire sidewalls. He sprayed it on and then gave the tire sidewall a wipe and all the blooming was gone. He told me it was an incredible multi-purpose and multi-surface cleaner. While I was impressed with the tire cleaning and trusted what he had to say, like most days at Autogeek and like all my co-workers... I was busy.

Fast-forward a few months and now this product is ready to go and I have to vindicate Andre because he's right - this is one incredible all-purpose-cleaners. There's a kajillion all-purpose-cleaners on the market but most of them are the conventional types that do clean well but also smell like a conventional all-purpose-cleaner. That's just the frosting on the cake with this product, not only does it clean GREAT - it also smells GREAT! And because it's a concentrate, you get a lot of product out of single 16 ounce bottle. In fact, if I'm doing the math correctly, mixing this at the 1:10 dilution ratio, this would give you 11 - 16 ounce bottles of RTU or Ready-To-Use Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner.

This is a really nice product and a great addition to the Pinnacle Natural Brilliance line-up.

And a note to Bobby and Andre, I only cleaned that one section at the back of the AG Van as I didn't want to hog-up all the fun to myself or rob you two guys of the blessing!

On Autogeek.com

36 Ounce Detail Bottle

36 Ounce Detail Spray Bottles - 3 Pack

Sprayers

This sprayer creates foam and works well for this product.

Big Blaster Foamer Trigger Sprayer - $4.99

This is a chemical resistant spray head and you don't need it because for this type of product but the adjustable nozzle works good for atomizing the spray. At 24 cents more than the one below it's a much better sprayer.

High Output Chemical Resistant Sprayer - $2.99

This is really just a basic spray head. It half atomizes the liquid and have sprays it like a squirt gun. I'm not a fan but it does work.

White High Volume sprayer for 32 oz. Bottles - $2.75

And last but not least, the Tampico Brush

Natural Tampico Upholstery & Carpet Scrub Brush

2. Likes Reuben Brumby, paulgyro liked this post
    Mike Phillips

Re: Review: Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner

Continued.....

2 more comments....

When it comes to spray heads, the function, performance and quality of the spray head can be a factor as to how the product performs.

Here's 3 spray heads that all fit the 32 ounce bottle with the pre-measured dilution rations.

From left to right....

Standard Sprayer - Foaming Sprayer - Chemical Resistant Sprayer

And a pet-peeve of mine, cleaning your tools after the job.

Right NOW - after using this brush it will be the easiest time there is to clean the gunk I removed out of the Autogeek Van.

Why?

A: Because it's still wet, the gunk and the Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner have not dried into the and onto the bristles.

B: Because there's ALREADY a cleaner on it. Duh. There's no need to ADD a cleaner, there's still plenty of active cleaning ability in the product still in the bristles.

So immediately after using your tools - clean them. It's fast and easy and it will never be as fast and easy as time goes by, like a single day.

Here you can see how the dirt, grime and gunge off the floor has WICKED it's way up the bristles.

Might as well clean the sink as a way of agitating the bristles....

BOOM - Just like brand new!

If this is not your current habit or best practice - incorporate it today.

Mike Phillips

New video....

Post Thanks / Like

Can it be used on coated leather/vinyl surfaces (Gyeon shield/leathercoat and PBL L&V coating)?

Also as a pre wash out of a foam cannon?

Thanks in advanced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Can it be used on coated leather/vinyl surfaces (Gyeon shield/leathercoat and PBL L&V coating)?
    Technically "yes" it could be used but my concern is it will remove the coating on the leather. And I believe this to be true not for just this product but any quality "cleaning" product.

The cleaner and the agitation by whatever you use to apply and remove the cleaner will have some form of negative affect on the coating. Even if just a little.

I always like to frame questions like yours in EXTREMES as it makes it easier for people to wrap their brains around both the question and the answer. Here's how I do this,

Will cleaning a coated leather surface with Pinnacle Citrus Splash All Purpose Cleaner ADD more coating to the leather surface?

Of course the answer is "no".

Now ask yourself, what's the opposite word for the word ADD?

It's remove.

See how putting a question and an answer in EXTREMES works?

The same thing goes for a car wash and cars with waxes on them.

Will washing a waxed car add more wax?

The answer is no. What's the opposite for the word ADD? It's remove. And I think we all know that anytime you wash a car, your car WASH MITT will micro-abrade off small particles of the wax.

The more often you wash, the less time the wax remains on the surface. It always comes down to the topic of TOUCHING, which I write about all the time. (that and abrasive technology). You can extrapolate out the concepts I share in this article to equate to a coated leather surface.

When it comes down to maintaining a scratch and swirl free finish - it all comes down to how you touch the paint - Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Also as a pre wash out of a foam cannon?
    I don't know about this question as we're no longer allowed to wash cars outside here at Autogeek.

I have fired off an e-mail to see if I can get more info.

7. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post