autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: The Leatherique Treatment - Leather Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean

drink Peets coffee and my first Chocolate lab was named Petescoffee

Mike Phillips

Review: The Leatherique Treatment - Leather Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean

Quote Originally Posted by Petescoffee View Post
    drink Peets coffee and my first Chocolate lab was named Petescoffee

Copy that.

Peets makes great coffee.

I like this one,

This is my other favorite. Wife says it's weak. I say it's smooth....

Coffee station

Right next to it - Beer Station

3. Likes Petescoffee, PaulMys liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: The Leatherique Treatment - Leather Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean

Looks nice. I've used this stuff on a few interiors. A classic Range Rover and a '73 Rolls Royce. Great results on both and yes the technique is kind of odd. I'd like to try it on some truly filthy leather and see if the oil really soaks in and "pushes" the dirt, salt, and sweat out of the leather and then you clean the mess up with the Pristine Clean. I have been detailing in SoCal since 1985 and a few years back I did recommend this product to a friend in New York who had purchased a used Ford "King Ranch" F250. King Ranch leather is fairly unique and unfortunately he reported absolutely dismal results. He's not a professional detailer but is fairly handy. I guess the take-away is that if you are trying to rejuvenate a King Ranch interior proceed with caution or do a tiny test spot first!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike,

What is your input on utilizing this product on a new car with heated/cooled seats? 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

Post Thanks / Like

The other great thing about this product duo is that it's safe for aniline leather. Great review Mike - thanks for your time.

Post Thanks / Like

I been using Leatherique for a long time and it’s the only product to use in my opinion
    This is how I apply it.
    1) vacuum seats
    2) I use a square Tupperware container and pour the oil Leatheriqer Conditioner in it along with the applicator. ( you will use a lot of the oil and that’s ok, its better)
    Apply to the seat then I Massage it in with my hands. I find with in an hour or so to check and add more oil it will really absorb if the seats are really dry. Then leave it on for 12-24 hours if you have the time. ( pull the car out into the sun this will help to warm the leather and open the pores)
    3) I get a bucket of warm water and a microfiber towel to clean the seats with the Leatherique cleaner you’ll see how dirty the water will get
    Exchange the water as it gets dirty with warm water and continue.

And wow what a difference you will find the next few days your leather will get softer.

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to add when using the warm water with Leatherique cleaner really wring out your towel, you don’t want it really wet! Just damp.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by havasu486 View Post
    Thanks Mike,

What is your input on utilizing this product on a new car with heated/cooled seats? 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
    On my C7 3LT Napa "leather", water does not soak into the so called "leather" meaning urethane coated. Other teatments I try on it..... rub off with dirt on it later. This is the first I've read that anything will "soak" thru a coated leather... I think mostly imitation leather vs real leather that a drop of water will penetrate.

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to add my two more cents by saying if you live in a warm climate, especially during the summer, to let the vehicle sit outside in the sun when doing the first step.
    With the vehicle sealed up ( closed windows ) and acting like a sauna, this will draw out the dirt and grime. If it is not so warm outside or not possible to let the sun to do its thing, I place cellophane on the seats and use a hair dryer to simulate the sun.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Leatherique is awesome. I've been using it for over a decade and am blown away by the results every time-- I forget how good my interiors can look till it's done. I freaking love it.

That said, I think there's room for improvement in your technique (or advice for others reading this thread that then try leatherique for the first time):

-the long rejuvenator soak time (24 hours) is critical to get the full benefit out of the leatherique.

I've tried 4-6 hour soaks in the past and the results aren't nearly as good as the full 24 hour soak-results are also much better when the leather is HOT.

As per leatherique's instructions, do it in the sun and leave it, with the windows closed (best on a warm day). You'll get significantly better results than you did, doing it in your shop... albeit at the cost of your comfort

-if it's an older car that's never been rejuvenated before (like when I buy a used car), sometimes it takes a couple rejuvenator applications, as the the leather absorbs the product. During the soak period it's good to have the leather be visibly covered in wet looking rejuvenator.

After a year or two of rejuvenator treatments (or on a new car), this is no longer necessary (one rejuvenator application is sufficient and stays looking wet all on is own).

I love my soft, matte looking leather in my 15 year old, 160,000 mile car, every time
    (seats aren't 15 years old, other leather is)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast